Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 9 Post By Shearer
  • 4 Post By timattalon
  • 3 Post By Sideshow
  • 3 Post By Tentman

Thread: Best car horn ever.

Best car horn ever.

veitnamcam, gadgetman, R93 and 6 others like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

R93
    Got this sent to me yesterday. Hilarious

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Gold, beats turning your windscren spayer sideways... Think good pie pork pie horn was better though
    Last edited by 223nut; 26-10-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Looks completely staged, but I like it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Many years ago, My dad had a car parts and accessories shop. We got a new Falcon wagon as a family car. Dad did not like the pissy little beeper horn in it so he replaced it with a set of Maserati twin tone air horns. He forgot / neglected to mention this to mum. One day she is driving down market street in Blenheim. A very narrow slow one way street with shops all around. She was stuck behind a pedestrian who must have thought it was a mall and was walking in the middle of the street without a care in the world. Mum gave him a toot on the horn giving it a good "lean on" to let him know there was a car behind him and that he should probably move onto the foot path. This guy got a full blast of the air horn from about a foot behind his arse and scared the living shit out of him, but to this day, Mum still tells us that she got a bigger surprise that the pedestrian...

Everyone including those in the shops had turned to look what was happening...I only wish I had been old enough to remember it.
    gadgetman, Sako 243, Pengy and 1 others like this.

I got truck air horn off an underground loader that was to be scrapped-maybe 500mm long.
    Got some fittings and modified an old out of date 9kg lpg cylinder for a donkey bottle and hosed it up to the boot. It had a bike valve so you could top it up at a petrol station and a quick loosen with a small crescent and it could be taken out.
    Hooked up a pneumatic valve arrangement I found from an old methane shut down system (also off an underground machine) and wired it into a missile switch on the dash so I didn't beep it when I wasn't ready.
    never got to use it in anger just for shits and giggles, but it sounds spectacular-nice and deep-and loud.
    Got another one so I could fit a pair up now although I would get a proper valve for the job this time.

used to be able to get all sorts back when cars were cars...... had a set of air horns that played "la cucaracha"on one car ....got bored and replaced it with a wolf whistle (hooked up to the exhaust manifold and pull the string) another car had an "aah ooga" horn we carried the horn and car battery up on the hill at sweetwaters and let rip between songs.... didnt have to interrupt drinking to clap or cheer

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    used to be able to get all sorts back when cars were cars...... had a set of air horns that played "la cucaracha"on one car ....got bored and replaced it with a wolf whistle (hooked up to the exhaust manifold and pull the string) another car had an "aah ooga" horn we carried the horn and car battery up on the hill at sweetwaters and let rip between songs.... didnt have to interrupt drinking to clap or cheer
    Ah Sweetwaters. Just a distant blurred memory.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

I could see that particular prank back firing (pun intended) try that in the land of Dixie and some chap liable to whip out his .45 long colt and drill you another eye....

Used to have alsorts on the truck in Africa even the Good Bye PorkPie train horn had to be careful using that one as it would drain the air and lock up ya brakes (1017 Mec air over hydraulics) used to just have a beep horn when I fixed on the train one told my work mate that I'd fixed a lose nut that used to rattle when the engine started could she please put her head near while stand at the front and see if she could still hear it........ I was not flavour of the month

Had an old Ambo siren as well but you had to keep flipping the switch on our off as otherwise it would just keep winding up like an air raid siren. That was a lot of fun in heavy traffic.
    Saved our ass from a full on elaphant charge in Namibia. Threw that on and young bull just lifted his head braking his full on charge from about ten meters away and carried on run right past us. Thought we were goners for sure! He kept going trumpeting off into the distance. Took me a good half hour to stop shaking. The passages were all in tears as well. Bloody desert elephants
    Pengy, Micky Duck and WallyR like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I reckon I can top all those stories, when I was a kid (late 60's) Dad wrecked a couple of big International trucks for the chassis. One of them still had a fairly complete cab and I found some amazing stuff to loot in there!!

But what topped it was a very large electric horn, I rigged it up on my pushbike with a spotlighting battery (12volt, so the 6V horn didn't last that long) but man it sounded good. I slipped in behind the milk Tanker ( @oraki ) just on dark one night and followed him down the drive - gave him a big blast about half way down and man did he do a big wobble. Then it was my turn to shit myself, he pulled up real quick and hopped out to give me a fairly plain language bollocking.

He told Dad about it later and he tried to tell me off but it must have given the driver such a big fright Dad had quite a struggle not laugh himself silly too.
    Last edited by Tentman; 26-10-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Pengy, Micky Duck and csmiffy like this.