Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Big Smoke

Big Smoke

Up here for 3 nights for aFire Fighting conference staying at the Crown Plaza. Went for a walk last night man there's some freaks around, begging,busking or just hanging,sleeping, drinking in doorways. A bit of an education since this boy was last in the Queen City. Wouldn't want to be a single female walking around, didn't see one cop and I was out for around an hour
    Biggun708 likes this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

And that my friend is why I go to Te Urewera for holidays! And they reckon Tuhoe are dangerous..
    Pengy, sometimes, madmaori and 1 others like this.

christchurch is no better, people cant even step foot inside the bus exchange without feeling threatened

LOC
    if the dregs of the city isn't your thing and you want a really wholesome area to go for a feed and beer head up to K Rd
    Biggun708 and keneff like this.

Why we're you walking around for an hour ,shit you could have been in a strip club bro.
    Biggun708 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    Why we're you walking around for an hour ,shit you could have been in a strip club bro.
    Did you??? Photos please... @Gapped axe

I live on the outskirts and frankly have no desire to venture into the city, can't stand the place.

But yes there are all sorts alright, back when I was in the Ambulance service you certainly got to see some interesting sites...

as someone who has had to do repair work in some of the seedier parts of town, strip clubs brothels etc its a real wake up to the scum that society has become

I used to frequently stroll along K Road at night about 16 years ago and it wasn't at all bad. Certainly wasn't what I expected to be honest.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

LOC
    to be fair to K Rd in a recent resurgence it has some of the best restaurants in the city at the moment, all the more colourful watching the synthetic cannabis users stroll past on the street...

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    I used to frequently stroll along K Road at night about 16 years ago and it wasn't at all bad. Certainly wasn't what I expected to be honest.

I grew up with our closest neighbors living several kms away. If I visit the city these days I get stir crazy within a couple of days. Don't deal with people in my bubble very well.
    gadgetman, Pengy, john m and 3 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

LOC
    i hear you, i grew up pretty remote as well and it is a bit scary how you can get accustomed to it in here

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I grew up with our closest neighbors living several kms away. If I visit the city these days I get stir crazy within a couple of days. Don't deal with people in my bubble very well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I look at a few rock concerts with lots of people on youtube, .... no thanks.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    your legs didnt suit those fishnet stockings
    LOC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    your legs didnt suit those fishnet stockings
    You're just jealous because they looked better than yours.