Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pengy

Thread: A bit of a moan. No mans hut.

A bit of a moan. No mans hut.

I know its not like a Pome to have a whinge but here goes. When i arrived at no mans hut the first thing that greets you is an old ute canopy with the glass smashed out. Then plastic bottles outside the hut. When i entered the hut a bit of a funky smell is explained by a bag of rotting veg and food in a box by the fire. There is also noddles in the sink, a biscuit in a packet on the side and cigarette butts on the floor.
    And why do people think that others would like to use their old plastic bottles if they leave them in the hut? We took away a bag of plastic bottles, beer cans and glass bottles. And a bin bag of other rubbish. There was still some shit left there but there is a limit to how much i was going to take.
    Right now i have got that over with, i saw no deer only got out for 2 quick hunts between the white outs. But the kids had a ball. Which was good.

There are some lazy selfish people about that's for sure( great effort by u thou )

That's what ya get for paying for a hut mate
    Best I not get started on that crowd up there.

Yep, one of my big pet hates is lazy bastards that leave their crap for others, whether at a hut or on the beach etc.
    To give an insight into the type of mentaility out there, a workmate of mine once finished his takeaway coffe and launched the empty over his shoulder into the road. When I gave him a hard time about it suggesting in no uncertain terms that he was a scumbag, his reaction was " I am helping keep someone else in a job cleaning the streets".
    scottrods likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Litigation has been occurring over occupancy of the Hut during this year. That gear belongs to a former occupant.

P38
    Pome

Sadly the No Mans Hut has deteriorated over the last few years which wasn't helped by the occupation of the recent resident.

If the leaky roof isn't and other maintenance isn't addressed soon then I will think it will just slowly rot away.

The payment thing isn't too bad as this gives you the right to hunt the private block but a tidy well maintained hut would be appreciated.

Last report I had saw the deer down very low, especially on the eastern side.

I'm in there at the end of January and will fly camp down low.

Cheers
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Pome

Sadly the No Mans Hut has deteriorated over the last few years which wasn't helped by the occupation of the recent resident.

If the leaky roof isn't and other maintenance isn't addressed soon then I will think it will just slowly rot away.

The payment thing isn't too bad as this gives you the right to hunt the private block but a tidy well maintained hut would be appreciated.

Last report I had saw the deer down very low, especially on the eastern side.

I'm in there at the end of January and will fly camp down low.

Cheers
    Pete
    Yes Pete you may be right about the hut it certainly needs some work, and soon. And the deer are definitely down low as there was no sign at all up high. I am in again on the 17th Jan and will go to Dead dog. No kids this time so will get some more hunting in.