Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: blocking app

blocking app

short story is does anyone know if there is a good blocking app preferably free that I can put on my daughters new phone to stop wannabe dad from putting a tracking app on her phone he hasn't had access to it yet so hoping if we get in first we can stop it happening again last phone went for a swim to get rid of it cheers nd

She may already have several apps tracking her location -- just by her downloading free apps from google play, assuming it is an android phone.

I'd recommend her to just get some general security software. Stepdad may be the lesser of the many threats out there, and it is anyway more acceptable and politically "neutral" for her to block ALL trackers and malware.

https://securingtomorrow.mcafee.com/...dly-or-creepy/

we are all being tracked but the previous parental app on the phone was in my opinion with my daughter going way overboard as they filled me in on how far they were snooping on her privacy a lot of people probably wont get this but me and my daughter have a loving trusting relationship if I want to know anything I can simply ask her the old school way and she can do the same with me because we trust each other I don't need to micromanage every single aspect of her life and have better things to do I know a lot of people are going to disagree as they feel they need to force total control but im a bit old school or modern parents may think im dumb
    gadgetman, Smiddy, Paddy79 and 1 others like this.

i guess im looking more for something that if someone wants to install an app on the phone i can say yay or nay

you should be able to log into the google acct to see what apps have been "purchased"(even free apps) on that acct.

can you disable certain apps

A tracking app would be useful if phone is lost or stolen (and teenagers lose stuff a lot!). If your daughter loads the tracking app herself with a password I would assume no-one else can access it without the password or install the app a second time (though they could install a different one).

yea im not fully up with this tech as ive never needed it im not even totally sure what im looking for but I guess im looking for something to counteract privacy breaching software or the ability to remotely disable it should it turn up on her phone

Mate, you're asking for an app that will give YOU control. Much more powerful to set HER up with a security suite that gives HER the full control. She'll be grateful to you for getting her onto it long after you're six feet under. After all, next threat may be a controlling tech-savvy boyfriend or, god forbid, partner. You won't always be there for her, so equip her.
    Konev, Kiwi Sapper and YosemiteSam like this.

SiB
    Is this worth a call to your cell provider business division?

I would expect some employers might have similar wants on their staff phones. Might be worth an ask

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Mate, you're asking for an app that will give YOU control. Much more powerful to set HER up with a security suite that gives HER the full control. She'll be grateful to you for getting her onto it long after you're six feet under. After all, next threat may be a controlling tech-savvy boyfriend or, god forbid, partner. You won't always be there for her, so equip her.
    Looks like what im after which one

John McAfee has been beaten up (literally) for mouthing off outside the official line, I'd trust his wares.

A very likeable person, you just can't disagree:

Name:  john-mcafee-gun.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  148.2 KB

Why not just have a password on the phone, and she refuses to give anyone the password or the unlocked phone?

Without getting into it as i dont think the forum would want it here but im happy ro talk about it if others are ok with it basically she got phone taken off her and forced to give pin no

Yeh just get her to put a password on it and not not share it with anyone, if it’s an iPhone there is a find my phone function if it gets lost.. also maybe just have a yarn with old mate over a beer and remind him who her real father is maybe??