Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Blue moon/blood moon/supermoon all going on tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Well - F~~ck the F~~~king MEGA PINK F~~~cking BLUE whatever Moon !!!!
    I was pretty grumpy after 3 hours down at wharf pulling logs (some 10-15m x 800cm) out from against wharf ( shame I not had camera with me)
    Knackered - BUT - then see on News - Nelson - Hokitika etc are worse off
    I have NEVER seen tides so big this last 2-3 months - they are now coming over the Wharf walking planks :-(
    Bloody nightmare and erosion against embankment nearly driving me to City - God forbid

All the wash off from Pine Blocks that have been logged up Pelorus and in Sound is getting to be a real pain - on the eye and hull/wharf/beach etc
    Have to leave in morning at 4am - think the Olight and Maxtoch be getting used as Headlights on da Boat on way into Gunsmoke - logs 20m+ a floating everywhere
    Wait till daylight mate just not worth the risk. Tides were not that big really but with the storm surge and northerly pushing it up the bay is what got us, it was a 4.5 but 4.6 and 4.7 are reasonably common
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

I got up at 2 and watch it for half an hour in between passing clouds in Hamilton. It was orangy kind of color.
    Not that impressed frankly. Partial or total eclipse of the sun is way cooler... I saw the full eclipse in Normandy in 1999 . Amazing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Wait till daylight mate just not worth the risk. Tides were not that big really but with the storm surge and northerly pushing it up the bay is what got us, it was a 4.5 but 4.6 and 4.7 are reasonably common
    Thats exactly it 'Storm surge'.

Turned that average tide into a big one + the swell on top. Tide went places it hasn't been for a long time, if ever.

That was an 'ex cyclone' and didnt even score a direct hit !! Bad but could have possibly been worse.

Best wishes all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post

Turned that average tide into a big one + the swell on top. Tide went places it hasn't been for a long time, if ever.

That was an 'ex cyclone' and didnt even score a direct hit !! Bad but could have possibly been worse.

Best wishes all

Yep where I work has been close to flooding a number of times with heavy rain events but this was totally different, creek running flat tack inland and spilling over into the idustrial area....If we had of got the forcast heavy rain as well things would have been very bad indeed, as it was we got virtually nil rain(bloody lucky) and my work just scraped by.

Howd you get on @Kiwi Greg ?
    kukuwai likes this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by kukuwai View Post

Best wishes all

Yep where I work has been close to flooding a number of times with heavy rain events but this was totally different, creek running flat tack inland and spilling over into the industrial area....If we had of got the forecast heavy rain as well things would have been very bad indeed, as it was we got virtually nil rain(bloody lucky) and my work just scraped by.

Chicken Intolerant.

Wait till daylight mate just not worth the risk.
    +1, @Sarvo

"Wait till daylight mate"
    What you fallas talking about
    I was there at midday "day light" sure saw enought then !!!
    Tonight at midnght-ish be similar - but less 100mm tide and HOPEFULLY without pumping NNW

Wind completly abated as at 7.30pm - thank christ and as I said above hight tide be a tad less
    mikee likes this.

Tonight at midnght-ish be similar - but less 100mm tide and HOPEFULLY without pumping NNW

Wind completly abated as at 7.30pm - thank christ and as I said above hight tide be a tad less
    Just remember navigating a boat by "braille" may not be a cunning plan, stay safe
    Pengy likes this.

If I was doing it in the dark it would be at displacement speeds only after this weather,I dunno were you are or how far the steam is but shit be careful man....you might not hole the boat but wiping the leg off of ya outboard has gotta hurt.
    mikee and Sarvo like this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Just remember navigating a boat by "braille" may not be a cunning plan, stay safe
    I have the latest of VAV - onics :-)))))))))))))))))))))

Does it see logs - as in BIG Forkers ???
    Any Guarantees of that :-)

Radar/thermal/nv/spotlight wont pick up those big logs sitting 95%submerged but your hull and leg will.

Chicken Intolerant.

Radar/thermal/nv/spotlight wont pick up those big logs sitting 95%submerged but your hull and leg will.
    Yes I know Cam

But - if I don't get the Mother in-law to plane in Blenheim by 5.40am - might be stuck with her for another 12 months - thats worht risking a sunk BO-AT for sure :-))

I have the latest of VAV - onics :-)))))))))))))))))))))

Does it see logs - as in BIG Forkers ???
    Any Guarantees of that :-)
    I'm pretty sure you decided not to upgrade to the "fucken big log spotter" module.
    It will surely though tell you exactly where you did or didn't hit anything nasty.
    Did I mention the warrenty its a 30/30 type of deal. It expires after 30 seconds or when I get 30 feet from it which ever is the sooner
    Stay Safe mate
    Judging by the amount of crap floating in the bay and on the beach anyone going fishing out of Nelson would be foolish to do so in a small boat in the dark for quite some time
    veitnamcam and Sarvo like this.

Gunna be a good Test out for the Maxtoch over the Olight

And if we hit anything it will be Da Mrss's fault
    gadgetman likes this.

Yep where I work has been close to flooding a number of times with heavy rain events but this was totally different, creek running flat tack inland and spilling over into the idustrial area....If we had of got the forcast heavy rain as well things would have been very bad indeed, as it was we got virtually nil rain(bloody lucky) and my work just scraped by.

Yeah it has been nearly as high once before about 5-7 years ago.

Bloody Dickhead drivers going way too fast pushing bow waves everywhere, even one driving a fire truck who should know a bloody sight better.....

Car outside work got plenty of water in it & was rocking up & down on its suspension with the bow waves.

Came up pretty high in my loading bay but not high enough to get inside Rattly