Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Angus_A
  • 1 Post By bas

Thread: Bored? North Korea interest you? Spare 46m?

Bored? North Korea interest you? Spare 46m?

I am a student of history and for a long time, have been fascinated with North Korea. Short of flying to the moon, you can't get more alien than this in my opinion. I've watched numerous documentaries on the country which have all been entertaining but none have had the level of access that this has.

It's in Russian with English subtitles. The military aspect of North Korean society impresses and depresses me at the same time - they possess a massive standing army and one that is as disciplined as one can get. They make the NAZIs look like boy scouts but then the NAZIs, although the "baddies" proved themselves to be more than capable soldiers and duked it out to the bitter end.

I have been meaning to visit for years - has anyone on this forum been? You know L. Ron Hubbard is quoted as saying that the fastest way to get to a million is to start your own religion - these guys have gone next level.

"I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

You seen Gareth Morgan's motorcycle trip across north korea? Was pretty cool.
    Vice have done a huge amount of doco's inside NK, worth checking out if you haven't already.

North Korean Motorcycle Diaries - Riding the Korean Peninsula's Baekdudaegan Mountain Range | VICE United States
    Ryan likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

No, I had not - thanks for sharing. North Korean alpine geography is not dissimilar to New Zealand's in some respects. Vice is a great source
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

P38
    Poor bastards.

Aye P38. Poor bastards in every sense of the word.

We'll free em one day. When we can't take the nuclear threat any longer...hopefully that day does not come too late.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Iv looked across the border at it I'm keen to watch the doco after hearing the South Korean accounts of what goes on and it's pretty different allright

Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    We'll free em one day. When we can't take the nuclear threat any longer...hopefully that day does not come too late.
    I see western media brainwashing is working well in this part of the world!!

bas
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_A View Post
    North Korea is such an economic basket case that the West can't afford to free them. The last thing South Korea wants now is unification. They took one look at the cost of German unification and said "no thanks!".

The only way forward for the North must come from inside with backing from China. In essence the people of NK are prisoners to Chinese/US relations...
    Ryan likes this.