Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Broadcasting standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Have submitted to Stuff as an opinion piece but Patrick Piercy has replied and will not accept it saying she is simply disagreeing the the opinions of those MPs.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
    Well, you're just disagreeing with the opinions of a journalist? As if one needed any further proof of just how biased Stuff is, now denied a right of reply.
    Cordite and Finnwolf like this.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Well, you're just disagreeing with the opinions of a journalist? As if one needed any further proof of just how biased Stuff is, now denied a right of reply.
    She is not a journalist.

And Mein Kampf was just Hitlers opinion right?

At the end of the day Stuff is just a cross between an online tabloid and womens weekly. They publish the same level of drivel across numerous subjects all the time. It's not really worth getting your knickers in a twist over a click-bait article like that.
    Steve123, Cordite, csmiffy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If you complained about every opinion you didn't agree with you would run yourself ragged.

To have a complaint upheld you would need to show that it breached one of these standards:

https://www.bsa.govt.nz/broadcasting...ng-a-standard/

A complaint on this particular opinion would probably need to go to the NZ Press Council?
    Maybe this standard, particularly tarring every FAL holding MP with her stinky brush.

"Discrimination and Denigration
    Only applies to sections of the community, not individuals. A high level of condemnation is required to find a breach. "
    stevodog likes this.
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    pathological liar Golriz Gharaman.

there is one (dangerous) radical extremist

Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    I think she suffers from some sort of narcissist personality disorder. I doubt she's dangerous, more of a useful idiot.
    Revise your benign view of people with narcissistic personality disorders. Whether the 'classic' NPD type or the 'vulnerable' NPD type.

They lack empathy with others and make up facts to suit their agendas or fit with their perceptions - and are convincing because they believe in their own lies!

Dangerous and destructive. NEVER, NEVER hire or marry one.
    stevodog and paremata like this.
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." Groucho Marx

Or even become mates with someone who has one as his best friend. They are that dangerous...
    Cordite, csmiffy and paremata like this.

Note that the Pathological Narcissistic Personality Disorder makes up only a tiny percentage (1%) of the community. We mistake personal traits that we dislike for an illness.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/nz/basics/narcissism
    paremata likes this.

Stuff is not really a news service....and they don't really have any standards.They are what they are.....

Personality disorders have tight criteria and are fairly rare.
    Exhibiting some Symptoms clinically and sub-clinically is much more common ~10%
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5783345/
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Stuff is not really a news service....and they don't really have any standards.They are what they are.....
    yeah,at least its free. Apply your own filters
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    pathological liar Golriz Gharaman.

there is one (dangerous) radical extremist

Revise your benign view of people with narcissistic personality disorders. Whether the 'classic' NPD type or the 'vulnerable' NPD type.

They lack empathy with others and make up facts to suit their agendas or fit with their perceptions - and are convincing because they believe in their own lies!

Dangerous and destructive. NEVER, NEVER hire or marry one.
    I know they aren't benign as I've encountered a few people with the trait over the years. Even if you can find a way to deal with their games and block the worst effects of their behaviour they go to the next best thing -if they can't control you they try to control the way others see you by lying about you.
    Moa Hunter, stevodog and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Stuff is garbage, for example they have Alison Mau the self appointed #metoo reporter in NZ . You'd think if she was really interested in holding people in powerful positions to account for seedy behaviour they'd been getting away with for years she would have followed this up
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...s-what-it-said but no , not one single follow up article . If you've seen the movie Spotlight you get an idea how these people work, just bury stories that are awkward or contradict their views.
    Feral and Cordite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Note that the Pathological Narcissistic Personality Disorder makes up only a tiny percentage (1%) of the community. We mistake personal traits that we dislike for an illness.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/nz/basics/narcissism
    Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    Personality disorders have tight criteria and are fairly rare.
    Exhibiting some Symptoms clinically and sub-clinically is much more common ~10%
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5783345/
    Agree.

In the case of a certain Green MP, likely in the deeper end of the 10%, cf. the glib lying, invention of fact to fit agenda.
    DemocKot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    Stuff is garbage, for example they have Alison Mau the self appointed #metoo reporter in NZ . You'd think if she was really interested in holding people in powerful positions to account for seedy behaviour they'd been getting away with for years she would have followed this up
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...s-what-it-said but no , not one single follow up article . If you've seen the movie Spotlight you get an idea how these people work, just bury stories that are awkward or contradict their views.
    And half the article seemed to me to consist of the slanted opinion of Miss Mau
    paremata likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’