Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Building in Chch

were about to embark on a new house with A1-sister is the venture capitalist so is negotiating the deal.she'd originally dealt with lockwood but found they persisted in adding extra costs for various reasons so she gave em the flick.plan is to subdivide our 1/4acre section -build brand new 4br home(for retirement0,then flick the existng house ,pay off its mortgage and invest balance in new place. from what dealings Ive had with A1 guys they seem reasonable to deal with.

Get a personal guarantee from the owner of the company incase they go tits up. One name mentioned here I've heard rumblings of!, Don't give big deposits to a building company BEFORE work is started, put it with you lawyer in a trust account, pay progress payments as work gets to that stage. We had one go here for about 4mill a few weeks ago, leaving about 30 unfinished houses, he was still advertising for new work!! I believe he's back into it!
    Remember its your hard cash, don't give it away in anticipation!!
    mikee likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

we looked at the lockwood show home in hornby, looked awesome but they didnt return calls and emails so went right off. also werent too keen on me running my own cable for audio/video/data etc though i am in that field. in the end gave them the big shove

Our friends have a Lockwood, they finally got their EQC repairs started last year. Used a builder recommended by Lockwood, what a cowboy. Suppose to be a 6 week job starting in April, it still wasn't finished by november. They were putting some flashing or something on the outside of the house and the nails came through the inside of the walls!! Just one of the many issues.

its not the builder you hire its the sub-contractors you get. though not a builder myself just a electronic contractor i have seen many horror stories

Had a good chat with @gonetropo today and had a few pm's sent through. Starting to get a bit of an idea of who to look at and who not too.
    The Lockwood system is a prick to increase the insulation on. Which means $$ so that's putting itself out of the picture. @Maca49 can you pm what you have been hearing please?