Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: buying ammo online form

buying ammo online form

hey guys , can anyone remind me what form I need to buy ammo online , ie polxx? or a pdf of the bugger so I can take to coppers to sign off on please .... some dealers have an order form with their name and stuff on it , but is there a actual generic form
    cheers
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Form 43a, they have em at the station just full it out in front of them, easy peasy
    stumpy likes this.

Stupid question but do they let you grab a couple and not fill out the items or sellers details, just confirming yours for future use? Im thinking no but it would be dead handy if they did for trademe.

No that would allow you to buy firearms/ammo even if your license was revoked
    JRW87 likes this.

True, didnt think of that point.

It would be neat if there was an access point for registered sellers (shops and the like) to check if you had a valid license. Save a bit of a mission sometimes.
    stumpy and JRW87 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It would be neat if there was an access point for registered sellers (shops and the like) to check if you had a valid license. Save a bit of a mission sometimes.
    Yep, although I live right in Wellington CBD getting down to the cop shop is a bit of a palava between work and night school.

Same. My local is Akl Central, parking is by no means guaranteed, and I'm sure as shit not gonna pay that prick Len Brown a cent more
    JRW87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Same. My local is Akl Central, parking is by no means guaranteed, and I'm sure as shit not gonna pay that prick Len Brown a cent more
    My heart bleeds........ We can drive 30 minutes to the station to find no one there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JRW87 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    My heart bleeds........ We can drive 30 minutes to the station to find no one there.

Kinda the point of the thread though, is it not?

cheers tommy , ... I agree with the central data base of some sort to check on valid fal ...
    cheers for the info .
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Each form has to be signed by a police officer with their warrant no and station, and is valid for only a couple of weeks I,ve got a no of forms from them before but find the suppliers forms easier as all there stuff is filled out already.

Aren't you mates with any cops?

It's such a drag for me, takes me at least 30 seconds to find someone to sign it.
    gadgetman, seano and Thirdguy like this.

res
    It used to be so easy, when I ran a shop I had so many cop clients that it was very uncommon for one not to pop in on the day I needed. One of them kindly printed me out a pile of blank forms(eg no cop details) so they could do them as needed when they came in.
    Then in my following jobs I spent so much time driving around that I could normally pop into a police station most days if needed.

These days it's a complete bitch! I'm glad I have a very good relationship with a very helpful arms officer and good friends who I probably ask to help out way to much.

While I'm in favour of the idea of some sort of online verification service, I'm not sure how it could work as you would still have to prove you are who you say you are- while this could be done I guess with the "real me" website I doubt small retailers/tardme sellers could jump through the hoops to use it.
    Would love to be wrong

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Aren't you mates with any cops?

It's such a drag for me, takes me at least 30 seconds to find someone to sign it.
    Cop shop a couple of hundred metres from the gadgettes high school. Easy and friendly. I'll normally walk there from here, at 2km not worth starting an engine for. I did object to one of the coppers offering to get the guy that mans the front desk from the lunch room. Told him to leave the guy in peace we could wander back later.
    stingray likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!