Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By jakewire
  • 4 Post By R93
  • 1 Post By jakewire

Thread: Cantabrians

Cantabrians

I see the Highlanders are doing well.
    outdoorlad, R93, Dino and 1 others like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    I see the Highlanders are doing well.
    Fuck yes!!!! and without a team stacked with AB'S, hope Canterbury go down against the Canes, we don't need Canterbury interfering with decent teams points to make sure a competitive NZ team gets to the semis.

All NZ final !
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

I have never been a crusaders fan, in fact they have always been my least favorite NZ team. However, in years gone past I had to agree they were pretty good.

The last few years though watching them play was painful. All other NZ teams are going from strength to strength but the crusaders have been going backwards quickly. Not helped by poor coaching decisions.

After watching their latest effort I would not be surprised in the slightest if Carter finds himself watching the upcoming World Cup from his couch in front of the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    All other NZ teams are going from strength to strength
    Not seen the blues lately then I take it.

I'm from the Waikato so the Blues have never existed as far as I am concerned

But yes, fair point.

It ok mate. I dunno what happened, but the bLues. they went mental and won a game.
    Congrats.

R93
    Saders forwards with a splattering of knuckle draggers south of there and Hurricane back line and the AB's are Sussed. Was good to see Carter full of running, for a change.

Slade looking good.
    But that hurricane back line is scary and will be even more amazing with Ben and Aaron Smith in it.
    jakewire, stingray, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 257weatherby View Post
    Fuck yes!!!! and without a team stacked with AB'S, hope Canterbury go down against the Canes, we don't need Canterbury interfering with decent teams points to make sure a competitive NZ team gets to the semis.
    To interfere with another teams points?
    You mean beat a team higher on the table buy being better on the day?
    That's the whole point isn't it?

Crusaders have gone back a peg or 2 but they were finalists last year and were fucked over by a reff who admitted doing so.

They lost to a better team last nite fair and square. Kicked away possession and were destroyed by a world class back line.

I will say the Hurricanes will have to improve greatly in the forwards and especially at set piece if they are to win the comp.

The most complete team imo is the Highlanders. Well coached, talent in key positions and getting steadily better each year.
    Chiefs are meh. Rettalick and Cane are class.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Chiefs are a team, not a 15 with stars.
    Thats what they have going for them,you can drop some one out of there and it is hardly noticable
    R93 mentioned that the Highlanders are well coached, they are, and it is showing
    I think the Chiefs are exceptionaly well coached and that is why they have done so well .
    Proudkiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Chiefs are a team, not a 15 with stars.
    Thats what they have going for them,you can drop some one out of there and it is hardly noticable
    R93 mentioned that the Highlanders are well coached, they are, and it is showing
    I think the Chiefs are exceptionaly well coached and that is why they have done so well .
    And how did the Chiefs go last night?
    Loss wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    To interfere with another teams points?
    You mean beat a team higher on the table buy being better on the day?
    That's the whole point isn't it?

Crusaders have gone back a peg or 2 but they were finalists last year and were fucked over by a reff who admitted doing so.

They lost to a better team last nite fair and square. Kicked away possession and were destroyed by a world class back line.

I will say the Hurricanes will have to improve greatly in the forwards and especially at set piece if they are to win the comp.

The most complete team imo is the Highlanders. Well coached, talent in key positions and getting steadily better each year.
    Chiefs are meh. Rettalick and Cane are class.
    The Crusaders will need stuff to happen with other teams to get to the semis, would be a tragedy if they got there and show what they have so far, when we have 2, possibly 3 teams that would make a good fist of it, being a better team on the day (beating the Canes in this case) could have reduced the chances of us (NZ) having a competitive team to have a shot at the title, not being a Crusaders or Canterbury supporter, despite having to like in Crimechurch City, does make me somewhat biased, am pleased to see the Highlanders and Hurricanes doing well, and would much rather have either (or both) in the semis than Crusaders, who will let us down, if by some miracle they do get there, I will be putting a bet against them at the TAB!

Ignoring the Chiefs for now, but you just know they will get it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    And how did the Chiefs go last night?
    Loss wasn't it?
    Surely , however that doesn't change the basic's
    I have good reason to wish them badly coming from the south.
    However, a loss every now and then is expected, check the chiefs win/loss record over the last three seasons.