Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Carbon trading emissions scheme.

Bring these points up with the concerning parties, I'm sure you'll find someone happy to check the validation of this theory with you.
    One things for sure though is that while some may agree with you there are thousands that disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    Bring these points up with the concerning parties, I'm sure you'll find someone happy to check the validation of this theory with you.
    One things for sure though is that while some may agree with you there are thousands that disagree.
    The telling thing for me is that whenever the climate realists offer scientific and statistical facts to refute the alarmists they tend not to get any scientific response. And the vast majority of the realists actually came from the ranks of the opposition. Please feel free to provide something. This seems to be a typical outcome of a meeting.

Maca49 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

It would certainly suit us all if you are correct on this. My money is with established published scientists and organisations.
    I'm not trying to change your mind and this rhetoric is wasted on me. Again, I suggest you petition any of the dozens of scientific organizations a.d change their mind.
    I'm on my 4th beer and should get off the boards now.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    It would certainly suit us all if you are correct on this. My money is with established published scientists and organisations.
    I'm not trying to change your mind and this rhetoric is wasted on me. Again, I suggest you petition any of the dozens of scientific organizations a.d change their mind.
    I'm on my 4th beer and should get off the boards now.
    These are true scientific organisations that follow correct scientific practice. They come up with theories, propose experiments, make predictions, observe repeatable outcomes write the results up for peer review and invite discussion.

On the other hand we have the likes of IPCC/NASA/NOAA that do not do this. They make models, use those models to make predictions, deny the observed outcomes, ask for historic data to be altered for a better match (climategate), write up reports using their predictions (dismissing the observations) and refuse discussion with those that have a differing view. Oddly much like a government making firearms law changes.

Yes, I'll stick to the former. As has been famously noted, 'The IPCC cannot even predict the past.'
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Just a wealth redistribution scheme. It has nothing to do with global warming/climate change. The IPCC's models that have taken CO2 as the major instigator of warming have all failed miserably, basically proving that CO2 is not a major driver. What they failed to do was take into account water, which is magnitudes more prevalent in the atmosphere, and more of a greenhouse gas. We need the greenhouse effect to make the planet inhabitable, without it we would be around -40oC.

Water is likely what appears to make the temperature more stable. As things warm more water gets into the atmosphere and reflects incoming radiation to cool things down. As we cool less is in the atmosphere and allows us to warm. The main driver of changes to temperature are the suns activity and the cycles of changes in the earths orbit and wobble, known as the Milankovitch Cycles.

The earths CO2 levels had been steadily declining, starving plants and slowing their growth. These levels were almost at the lowest levels they have been since the time of the dinosaurs and the massive plant growth that produced the fossil fuels we have today. When ocean life learned how to make shells out of dissolved CO2 from the oceans vast amounts of carbon got locked up in the likes of limestone, helping the depletion of this important gas from our atmosphere. The increasing CO2 levels have greened the planet up, and this has been measured. Remember that pretty much all life on this planet, plant and animal, is carbon based and the origin of the word 'organic'.
    Does your brain hurt on days like this?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Does your brain hurt on days like this?
    It's about the only bit that doesn't hurt. But it does like a bit of exercise. Part of the reason I'm such a slow reader is the stuff I was interested in reading. As a little fella at school we'd be sent to the library to get a book out, but I wasn't interested in 'girly goes for ride on horsey' or 'rich brats go exploring in the country'. I'd get a volume of an encyclopaedia, or something similar, and get an "Oh, you can't take that out of the library."