Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WallyR

Thread: Carterton

Carterton

Ant one know of good places to stay the weekend in Carterton or nearby? heading down there soon for new rifle so thought make a weekend of it
    Cheers

Martinboroughs only 20 mins from Carterton and has good bars, restaurants and cafes etc..?
    Few motels to stay the night too.
    Could have taken you out for an easy arvo deer too but away with the kids this weekend...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ebf
    Yup, try Martinborough or Greytown.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

P38
    Give Air BnB a shot, we've stayed in some great places at reasonable prices

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Or there is plenty in masterton too

Hamish

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

There's the Matador Motel (High St North) - old but handy. @Paddy79
    In Carterton, if you want FLASH in the bar department - Balfer Bar and Bistro, High Street South, Wellington/Auckland City pricing.
    Curries? 2 places - our pick is Indian Taj, good food, reasonable prices.
    Middle Eastern, Pizza, Fish & Chips T/aways - all along High Street, reasonable (non-city) pricing.
    Clareville Bakery and Cafe, SH2 - just north of Carterton - winner of several national pie and cake trophies. Pricing reflects the awards.
    Friendly bar - Regents 58 microbrewery, Stubbs Lane (my personal favourite - both owners ride motorcycles, not Harley's), English style beers.
    So-so bars - Ev's Bar or Marquis of Normandy or Buckhorn Bar and Grill - commercial beers on tap.
    'Posey Places' - Martinborough/'Gaytown', Wellington poser's towns and pricing to match.
    Country pub - Gladstone Inn, Gladstone Road - food and drinks. Pricing has gone up under new owners recently and they're 'anti-bike' - bikers not welcome. Used to be one of the better places to eat and drink.
    Not far from Wairarapa Pistol and Gun Club - Cowboy Action Shooting Nationals held there recently.
    Masterton has a few nice places, but 14kms North of Carterton - plenty of cafes and a few reasonable restaurants, plus Kuripuni is a couple of minutes drive away, where there's a couple of well priced eating/drinking places.
    So plenty to eat/drink, at reasonable prices, without leaving/going too far from town.
    Some have live music on Fridays or Saturday's, so might be worthwhile looking up websites for more accurate info.
    Cyclops likes this.

Cheers guys, and thanks for that @WallyR not after flash expensive just nice relaxing place to stay doesn't even need to be in town and good food and @dirtyhabit im prob not going through for another 4-6 weeks yet, just looking into finding where is good to go, last time I went away was $1000 a night in rotovegas, accommodation ended up being more than the guns

Oh.....forgot to mention - Hunting & Outdoor Supplies are 5 minute drive from Carterton 'CBD'
    My next door neighbour runs a B&B - reasonably priced and a damn good cook too.
    He'd have run you around so you could have a few beersies, with your Kai.
    BUT they're heading down to Nelson about the time you're due down, so that's out.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    There's the Matador Motel (High St North) - old but handy. @Paddy79
    In Carterton, if you want FLASH in the bar department - Balfer Bar and Bistro, High Street South, Wellington/Auckland City pricing.
    Curries? 2 places - our pick is Indian Taj, good food, reasonable prices.
    Middle Eastern, Pizza, Fish & Chips T/aways - all along High Street, reasonable (non-city) pricing.
    Clareville Bakery and Cafe, SH2 - just north of Carterton - winner of several national pie and cake trophies. Pricing reflects the awards.
    Friendly bar - Regents 58 microbrewery, Stubbs Lane (my personal favourite - both owners ride motorcycles, not Harley's), English style beers.
    So-so bars - Ev's Bar or Marquis of Normandy or Buckhorn Bar and Grill - commercial beers on tap.
    'Posey Places' - Martinborough/'Gaytown', Wellington poser's towns and pricing to match.
    Country pub - Gladstone Inn, Gladstone Road - food and drinks. Pricing has gone up under new owners recently and they're 'anti-bike' - bikers not welcome. Used to be one of the better places to eat and drink.
    Not far from Wairarapa Pistol and Gun Club - Cowboy Action Shooting Nationals held there recently.
    Masterton has a few nice places, but 14kms North of Carterton - plenty of cafes and a few reasonable restaurants, plus Kuripuni is a couple of minutes drive away, where there's a couple of well priced eating/drinking places.
    So plenty to eat/drink, at reasonable prices, without leaving/going too far from town.
    Some have live music on Fridays or Saturday's, so might be worthwhile looking up websites for more accurate info.
    Shit has nothing changed since I left in '86? The old Matador huh, one of my customers used to own that, The Gladstone where business was down with the Farmers on Friday and where I got a crate of flagons on the Sunday my mum died, the Wairarapa pistol club I joined in the early '80s
    Boom, cough,cough,cough