Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Cat

Cat

Hi hope everyone having a good day off,has anyone tried giving a cat a worm tablet,this cat is so stubborn ,we tried wraping it in a towel he dont like that,Sean dundee has crushed it up we try and put it in a piece of trout,anyone got any idears please.

Caretaker

Cat

I had two British Blue cats and the only way to fool them was to Break the tablet into very small pieces and hide in bits of cheese

Make sure your cat is very hungry first
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Cat eats cheese havent heard of that lol

Last Time I went to the vets they had a syringe sort of thing that worked wonders
    mrs dundee likes this.

Mr dundee doing the cutting the trout up,just smear crushed tablet on fish the off cuts,the scraps,they not silly these cats.

Might have to force it down. 1 person to how the cat nice and firm, the other to open its gob and poke it towards the back of its throat. Having it in a little ball of trout will help it slide down. Close cats gob and gently stroke its throat until it swallows it.
    mrs dundee likes this.

SiB
    Shoot cat. Place tablets in cats mouth. Close cats mouth. Bury cat. Buy new cat.

And please folks that's a joke I couldn't do it to my moggies. I used to coat the broken piece of tablet generously in but and shove it in on tip of my finger whilst holding head in towel etc.

Good luck!!!
    P38, Shootm, stingray and 3 others like this.

SiB
    In butter. I was interrupted

Always used two people and a tight wrap in a towel. Ice-cream stick helps to prod / place it to the back of the throat without losing fingers and as above stroke throat to encourage swallowing. If the towel isnt working you need to wrap the towel tighter,, just make sure all 4 paws are contained
    mrs dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chur Bay View Post
    Might have to force it down. 1 person to how the cat nice and firm, the other to open its gob and poke it towards the back of its throat. Having it in a little ball of trout will help it slide down. Close cats gob and gently stroke its throat until it swallows it.
    Then apply sticking plasters as required

Trouble with cats is once you make a hash of it and ruffle their feathers it just gets harder next time. Vet nurses make it look easy.

Chur Bay's above method is the only way. Our cats don't fall for the hiding pill bits in food - will either eat none of food or leave a wee pile with pill in it behind. Worming the wife's horse it fun fun fun also. Only because prvious owner have done a bad job of it.
    mrs dundee likes this.

While my missus was working at vet clinic a lady stopped by to ask if they could put her cat to sleep so she could worm it.

Trouble was the vet didn't read the worm it bit ... Yep I kid you not... Missus thumped me when I started laughing about it..

She puts the cat in apillow case and has one of the vet tools to stuff the pill down its throat whether moggy likes it or not
    Cat gets the pip with her for fews days then forgets about it till next time...
    Dundee and mrs dundee like this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Smother it in watties tomato sauce Then tend to eat what ever you serve up then

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    In butter. I was interrupted
    To get it in there better place tablet in end of drinking straw poke tablet end into right spot near back of throat and, the important bit, blow in your end of straw.
    mrs dundee, Maca49 and Cyclops like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Smother it in watties tomato sauce Then tend to eat what ever you serve up then
    Poor Mrs Dundee would likely get injured in the stampede for the tablet.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

My cat didnt forget his first visit to the vet and the subsequent thermometer.

every time the cat case has come out since he bolts.