Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Cell Phone Hack

Cell Phone Hack

Is it possible to easily record someone else's cell phone conversation remotely ?.
    The reason I ask is that some very sensitive information of mine is now known. Somehow the opposition knows exactly what was said to a third party to the point that it can be quoted back verbatim. This information was discussed once with a third party and that person has not spoken to anyone about it.
    My cell phone has been accessible to the opposition at times. No txt, only a single conversation. ?????

If its an android then by default Google assistant is always listening
    kiwijames and Tussock like this.

I would suspect the third party before someone tutuing with your phone
    Savage1, mikee, Ryan and 2 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Is it possible to easily record someone else's cell phone conversation remotely ?.
    The reason I ask is that some very sensitive information of mine is now known. Somehow the opposition knows exactly what was said to a third party to the point that it can be quoted back verbatim. This information was discussed once with a third party and that person has not spoken to anyone about it.
    My cell phone has been accessible to the opposition at times. No txt, only a single conversation. ?????
    One wonders... the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, even when we don't like it.
    Max Headroom likes this.

I know that the third or 'other' party has not had any contact with the opposition - there is no gain in there doing so anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I would suspect the third party before someone tutuing with your phone
    Yeah, quite often our customers try playing one supplier off against the other

MSL
    Order hits on all involved, job done.
    sako75, kiwijames, Happy and 7 others like this.

If your phone is not locked with a fingerprint lock or a long pin number, and is left unattended, then anything is possible.
    Given access to the right technology, the ability to remotely listen on a phone that otherwise appears to be turned off is possible.

Factory reset your phone, and check around your office. More often than not, social engineering is an easier way to get this type of information than technology hacks. Look for someones phone left sitting near your meeting room - It could be recording your side of the conversation, or a channel left open via a phone call, or chat app.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

If you suspect they may have had access to your phone at some stage, take a close look through your apps for any you don't recognise, even if the name seems harmless. Then check permissions for the apps. (Especially if on android)
    Moa Hunter and Tussock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    If your phone is not locked with a fingerprint lock or a long pin number, and is left unattended, then anything is possible.
    Given access to the right technology, the ability to remotely listen on a phone that otherwise appears to be turned off is possible.

Factory reset your phone, and check around your office. More often than not, social engineering is an easier way to get this type of information than technology hacks. Look for someones phone left sitting near your meeting room - It could be recording your side of the conversation, or a channel left open via a phone call, or chat app.
    I would be happy to help and come to ze Nordh Kanterbury and interview all your Staff and Familie members... he heh, jah!

Name:  3034903278_5ef70f6f09_b.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  70.2 KB
    Moa Hunter, 223nut and 40mm like this.

Phones do funny things sometimes too. Once I was talking to another farm manager from our group of farms and we finished the call because he said he had another call coming through, I didnt hang up just threw the phone on the seat beside me expecting the call the end, then I could hear voices coming from my phone, picked it up and I could hear him having a conversation with the other person that had called him
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    #27GANG

Was it a voice call or a facetime call? There was a breach recently on facetime calls but I'm unsure about what the breach allowed.

Otherwise Occam's Razor applies. Third party recorded and forwarded or repeated.

I have checked my 'apps' and I have 'voice recorder' WTF is that the problem ??? I am not too savvy about this stuff more a talk or txt and get on with it type so thanks all, for input.

voice recorder is standard on most cellphones, its for taking memo's
    i would suggest you have a look for devices external to your phone, years back i pulled apart a taxi because the driver thought she was being spied on
    she was. tiny little recorder that was wired into the aux power circuit so it recorded if the ignition key was in. turns out it was her husband who installed it
    Moa Hunter and Cordite like this.

Year um Rupert Murdoch Daily Mail Phone hackers!
    Tussock likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.