Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Changes to Firearm Laws!

Changes to Firearm Laws!

I see Mr Dunne is going to over haul firearm laws in light of the deaths on the weekend, where are we heading?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Probably just hot air from useless politicians trying to justify their pay packet by jumping on a relatively minor issue (nationally speaking) and acting like they're doing something.

Both of those deaths (tragic as they are for the families) seem to have been a result of people not following basic safety procedures, and law changes are going to do nothing to change that.
    Savage1, Munsey, JoshC and 10 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I see Mr Dunne is going to over haul firearm laws in light of the deaths on the weekend, where are we heading?
    You can have all the laws and training you like but this will still happen.
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I guess I'm reading different articles ?

Associate Conservation Minister Peter Dunne has begun the process of initiating the review, which will seek to establish what the problems are, where responsibility might lie, and what could be done to reduce the risks of death and injury due to improper gun use.
    Overhaul forearms laws ? Umm, ok.....

I thought they may over haul the driving rules first after 10 deaths?
    Be interesting to have statistics over the pasted 25 yrs to add balance
    kokako and mikee like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Sorry just the way I've written it, I'm into journalism and have to sensationalise to grab attention and to hell with the truth, now I'm red faced!! But not for long
    Kscott, EeeBees, GravelBen and 2 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

It's alright, they are going to lower the speed limits too because there were to many deaths in the weekend! I agree with too many deaths but to blame speed every time? Firearms, well that's different? follow the seven rules and you would be very unlucky to end up dead! Drive to the road code? Does it matter? when there are stupid people doing stupid things people will be killed!
    veitnamcam and EeeBees like this.

ebf
    sigh, get your panties untwisted....

they are looking at a review of hunting deaths, and looking at addressing it via the game animal council.

but i guess if you are paranoid about gun control you can see this as an attempt to tighten gun laws...

personally I think it is high time for this, and finally aimed at the right area, whatever efforts the NZDA and Mountain Safety Council have tried don’t seem to make one iota of difference.

i hope the review introduces significantly more serious penalties for hunting related deaths (automatically charged with manslaughter), and that the granting of a hunting license is subject to significantly more (and repeated) training regarding safety. that and much higher penalties for illegal hunting, poaching, spotlighting on public land etc. force the idiots who shoot their mates to front up at NZDA meetings and devote part of each and every NZDA meeting to a REAL discussion about hunter safety.
    Dougie, kiwi39 and Cyclops like this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

Yep agree Screamo. On country roads, lowering the speed limit is just dumb, I was out the back of Taupo on the weekend 100 + no sweat if you can't drive fast get a taxi, a bus or a bike and stop pissing me off!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

can lead a horse to water, cant make it drink,

neither will a thread moaning about it
    #BallisticFists

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    sigh, get your panties untwisted....

they are looking at a review of hunting deaths, and looking at addressing it via the game animal council.

but i guess if you are paranoid about gun control you can see this as an attempt to tighten gun laws...

personally I think it is high time for this, and finally aimed at the right area, whatever efforts the NZDA and Mountain Safety Council have tried don’t seem to make one iota of difference.

i hope the review introduces significantly more serious penalties for hunting related deaths (automatically charged with manslaughter), and that the granting of a hunting license is subject to significantly more (and repeated) training regarding safety. that and much higher penalties for illegal hunting, poaching, spotlighting on public land etc. force the idiots who shoot their mates to front up at NZDA meetings and devote part of each and every NZDA meeting to a REAL discussion about hunter safety.
    I'm not paranoid, just cause I walk backwards! Wedges have thin edges and are driven by big hammers
    ebf, tiroatedson, mikee and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    can lead a horse to water, cant make it drink,

neither will a thread moaning about it
    Spouse it OK with you to change the flag as well?
    Gapped axe and Woody like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

As lone as it's humans doing the hunting and the driving the problem will never go completely away.
    And by the way radio stations were stating on the News today that Gun Laws were to be revised due to the unfortunate hunting related deaths on the week end.
    Maca49 and Woody like this.

gee wiz, something like this could make politicians ban pistol grips !
    ...oh shit that has already happened.

This is the tip of the iceberg...once the bureaucrativores get their teeth into this, there will be no end ..a small percentage of stupid, gungho wannabees, acting like big men but all they are is irresponsible and disrespectful...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...