Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: CHIEFS!!!! Just for R93 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Depends on one's definition of "different circumstances". Crusaders have certainly had their share of different circumstances since 2008. If they win they'll be deserved winners and I'd never begrudge them that because they are a side of champions who have arguably come up short on recent occasion as far as silverware is concerned.

However, should the Lions win, unless it's a 40-0 type scoreline, the local (NZ) post-match analysis will almost certainly point to the ref or the travel or "how we lost". Guaranteed. Not a constructive analysis of how they were beaten by a better side on the day or giving credit where it's due.

But that's mainstream media and anyone caught up in and believes that has no appreciation of the history between these two countries. Players don't pick the conference structure, the referees, the venues.

May the best team win - and they will.
    Many good points but as a Kiwi I'd say good on the Lions if they do win. The media have their own fish to fry we all know that.
    Finals football is a different animal and whoever turns up will take home the apples so I'm setting the alarm.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Stats and facts:

o The Lions claimed a 42-25 win when they last met the Crusaders in the 2016 quarter-finals, snapping a seven-game losing streak against the Christchurch-based side in the process.

o The last time a team won a Super Rugby final played outside their country was in 2000, when the Crusaders beat the Brumbies in Canberra.

o The Crusaders have been crowned Super Rugby champions on seven occasions and featured in 11 finals, both competition records.

o However, the Christchurch-based side has lost each of its last two finals, only the Sharks (four) have lost more than two in a row when reaching the final.

o Three of the previous four finals to be contested by sides from New Zealand and South Africa have been won by the New Zealand outfit. However, the one defeat in that run was the heaviest ever in a final (the Bulls beat the Chiefs 61-17 in 2009).

o Eight of the last 11 Super Rugby finals have been decided by margins of eight points or fewer, however, the three exceptions in that run were all games between South African and New Zealand sides.

o The Lions head into this fixture on the back of a 14-game winning streak; the Crusaders are the only team in Super Rugby history to have won more games in succession, which they’ve done twice (15 straight in 2002-03; 16 straight in 2005-06).

o The Crusaders won each of their five games outside New Zealand this season, scoring an average of 43 points per game.

o South African teams have won nine of their last 12 playoff fixtures at home against New Zealand opposition; in fact, the Stormers are the only team in Super Rugby history to have lost such a fixture (four instances).

o Only once in Super Rugby history has a team contested consecutive finals without winning at least one of them (Crusaders in 2003 and 2004).

o The Lions have scored 30 tries in the final quarter of games so far this season, more than any other team, while they also conceded just five in the same time frame, fewer than any other team.
    Some bloody interesting stats there and to quote any All Black who has played in SA no match between these proud nations is a walk in the park.
    gsp follower likes this.
    Dan M

The Crusaders won each of their five games outside New Zealand this season, scoring an average of 43 points per game.

That's pretty impressive... that and the 211 tackles that they made against the Chiefs last game... they are going to be very difficult to beat.
    Danny likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Woohoo The lion hunt is over and the Crusade was victorious. Can't believe I'm the first Cantab to crow on this page

Well done Canterbury Crusaders
    outdoorlad likes this.

R93
    Yeh I am stoked. Didn't think they would do it because of all the little logistical things stacked against them.
    Shows what a great team they are even with the man advantage.
    8 titles and 11 final appearances in 20 yrs. Pretty awesome.

I didn't realize that Ellis park was 6000' asl?

How are you supposed to acclimatize in one week?

If the Lions stick together I have no doubt they will win a title soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Mathias likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Job done!
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

A great result for my men and for Super rugby and especially the Lions. I'd feel very proud to be a yarpy today and their coach is a top man.
    I'd say however that this defeat on home soil has dented them and it May take a bit to bounce back.
    Super rugby needs SA rugby to be strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gsp follower and Mathias like this.
    Dan M

well done the crusaders.
    the lions could have folded but didnt and with 14 men did thier fans and country proud.

just met a mate of mine in the supermarket -bloody hardcase
    reckons hes gonna email steve hansen
    hey shag ,
    we dealt with the lions -it wasnt that hard

Razor
    anyhow the boys came through-idint see the game,had to work this morning and pissing down with rain here which puts me to sleep faster than an elephant sitting on me face!
    hoping sky willrepeat it today sometime as id like to have squizz.
    from what ive seen of the lesser mortals (stuff/TMMBmessage boards) seems some think the red card was too harsh on da yarpie.
    bloody funny that its common knowledge round the traps that any attempt to lower an airborne player intentional or not ,the ref will be reaching in his pocket.
    las but not least thanks to all the NZsupporters,of all persuasions for some jolly good verbals over the season.
    to the squire of rakaia -Imwaitng for your shirt size old bean!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    well done the crusaders.
    the lions could have folded but didnt and with 14 men did thier fans and country proud.
    @kotuku. Think it is time for a fitting session with our friend here. Just tip me the nod when you're next over this way.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Well boys,my hats off to the Crusaders,well done,....time to drown a thirst for all the hard work..
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    @kotuku. Think it is time for a fitting session with our friend here. Just tip me the nod when you're next over this way.
    I reckon snig chain round his bollocks connected to a good winch should anchor him til I can get a twitch on his big probiscis and hold him still till we fit it.
    mind you he"ll roar like a wounded bull-specially when beaudie barrett arrives to do the photos!!!!!!! earplugs may be required.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    I reckon snig chain round his bollocks connected to a good winch should anchor him til I can get a twitch on his big probiscis and hold him still till we fit it.
    mind you he"ll roar like a wounded bull-specially when beaudie barrett arrives to do the photos!!!!!!! earplugs may be required.
    Be well worth it though.
    kotuku likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    my size is fuck off
    they played well and i gave up on the lions to early.
    the send off ?? no choice really to add insult to injury the red carder got knocked stupid as well .
    with a name like kwagga smith tho im sure he,l be fine
    Be well worth it though.
    in your dreams laurel and hardy

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    my size is fuck off
    they played well and i gave up on the lions to early.
    the send off ?? no choice really to add insult to injury the red carder got knocked stupid as well .
    with a name like kwagga smith tho im sure he,l be fine

in your dreams laurel and hardy
    jesus ya bites worse than old elvis ya portly grumpy sod.
    bodie b says u da man!!!!!!!