Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Like Tree771Likes

Thread: Christians vs Muslims and National vs Labour

Iv got an itchy left testicle

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    No that's not faith, because you can research what they say and check references. The message also wasn't written down generations later and passed on through multiple translations etc etc.
    Attachment 84150
    Name:  84150d1520891478-christians-vs-muslims-national-vs-labour-28958557_2035382679822667_759492270540.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  67.1 KB

@Savage1

Not as simple as that. The 8 men were not just that. They in turn built on the translation by William Tyndale (who got burnt for his bible) and later the Bishops Bible, an intermediate version, before the 1611 translation. All three versions are available to be compared. Anyway, whatever aspersions we may throw at particular translators and their supposed motives, ALL main Christian doctrines can be demonstrated from ANY of these old translations - and from any of the multiple modern translations. Modern translations are based on better quality manuscripts than the 1611, but again that does not make the 1611 significantly inaccurate -- except of course for the general incomprehensibility of Elizabethan English.

As for the original manuscripts, corruption of text etc, if anyone is interested, there are far more than 8000 manuscripts available, and of course hand copying errors took place - as you would indeed expect from such a tedious activity. But not the same errors in every manuscript, and plenty different copies to compare between to decide with certainty what was the original line. Again, no significant doctrines are at stake over variant readings. For a non-simplistic introduction, the wikipedia article on Textual Criticism (not just of bible manuscripts) provides an overview. The bible manuscript base is no Achilles' heel, rather the opposite due to the many surviving products of enthusiastic and prolific copying and translating of the original books, done from the very start and spread across the ancient world. It is true the earliest full copy of the new testament is from the 4th Century (the 300s), but many portions exist from the 2nd century (the 100s), I think the earliest one is early 2nd century, pasted below, so could theoretically have been written by someone who had met the Apostle John the original author. It's on exhibition in Manchester, UK, at the John Rylands Library:

Name:  2434b5779e965f76ca4905b07c3e8f7e.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  46.6 KB
    Wikipedia Article
    Last edited by Cordite; 13-03-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Iv got an itchy left testicle
    @northdude, is that a cry for help?

What causes testicle itch? Seven possible causes
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

started to read that, started to laugh and gave up. Just scratch away and i like yams

Not having a go at you personally Gibo but because you and others don't agree with something, it needs to be shut down? Are you the arbiter of what content other people should be allowed to consume? Why not just pass this thread by?

@Ryan That's the very reason this post was started. Because some people couldn't just pass another post by.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    You can if you want, you have the fancy blue name and the ban-stick
    Geeze Ryan, you are one of the most diverse guys on here! Enjoy your involvement. Life's a bit more than Firearms and Hunting, this is more of a community now FFS, I think the likes of Toby moulded this from a sterile forum into one of a caring, sharing community, and I know there are many that communicate with each other off the forum platform in friendships. Now that's success!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Any hoo back to veges, does anyone else like yams?
    In which orifice.......?...........
    Martin358 likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    In which orifice.......?...........
    Havent tried Yam Jam!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Are we back to vegetables then?
    #27GANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not having a go at you personally Gibo but because you and others don't agree with something, it needs to be shut down? Are you the arbiter of what content other people should be allowed to consume? Why not just pass this thread by?

In much the same way its (politics') pervasive manner is infecting our daily lives. One can't turn the TV on anymore without hearing about ridiculous things like "gender pronouns" and "safe spaces" and #offended. You know, stuff which is so ridiculous but is increasingly becoming regarded as normal. This is in conjunction with shutting down the right of free speech, because anyone who dares express an opinion contrary to the prevailing narrative is immediately tarred as being "intolerant". This coming from the same virtue signalling twats that advocate tolerance but only as long as it doesn't offend them.

The fact that this thread has gone on for so long is to me, indicative of people really wanting to talk about it - because they're not able to on other social media platforms because anything that contradicts the vaguely defined "community guidelines" of Facebook and Twitter and Facebook - is removed, censored.

Ultimately, I understand your gripe - it is a hunting and shooting forum after all but like firearm politics, these things, like freedom of speech ultimately all colaesce into one big ball of freedoms that are increasingly being stifled. A thread is easy to ignore though.

It's to the mods' credit in my opinion that this thread has been allowed to continue as far it has.
    It will end in tears, you watch. I have said my bit.
    Pointer likes this.
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

if you got an itchy left testicle and are jamming a yam where it wasnt intended to go,shooting a .284/08 and drinking lattes it probably will end in tears...maybe of the rectum...

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Geeze Ryan, you are one of the most diverse guys on here! Enjoy your involvement. Life's a bit more than Firearms and Hunting, this is more of a community now FFS, I think the likes of Toby moulded this from a sterile forum into one of a caring, sharing community, and I know there are many that communicate with each other off the forum platform in friendships. Now that's success!!
    The things you enjoy about this forum are a direct result of the culture created here with the no p&r policy. Straying from that policy will change this place, and not for the better. To quote gibo, "You watch".
    StrikerNZ and ebf like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    The things you enjoy about this forum are a direct result of the culture created here with the no p&r policy. Straying from that policy will change this place, and not for the better. To quote gibo, "You watch".
    Whilst I agree with you and the rules have been set, surely we are mature enough to move on from this thread and reset? Its be a bit of a relevation that this thread hasn't turned to REAL shit. I think its been in good humour and reserve by most. Hard topic for not showing bias for sure, you would want my views and hence I haven't indulged, much!
    gadgetman likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Ohhh fuck what did i stumble into here... help religon arguement helppppppp....

Just do what I do if I don't like the topic I don't participate end of problem try it it works
    gadgetman and Spudattack like this.