Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Credit Ratings

Credit Ratings

Well in the last couple of days I have had a sharp learning curve on personal credit ratings.
    Monday - we have been setting up a local café and sorting out the suppliers for the couple who will operate it. Turns out one of them has a bad rating so suppliers wont accept either on the agreements so our company is covering it. Asked the person why they had the rating - no idea, 24hrs later she thinks it's because of something she bought 5yrs ago, all paid for but the system wasn't signed off properly.

Today - ring up a power company to get power on for some repairs on my old house. It's a company I've had accounts with before and the business uses them for a couple of buildings. No sorry, you have a bad credit rating we can't help you. Say What! She tells me the number my rating is, which meant nothing to me, told them to get #-*@@ed, ran the supplier for my house and all sweet.

So I have now learnt that apparently living within your means, not borrowing from banks, and being sensible with money earns you a crap credit reputation. Maybe I need to borrow $500K from the bank for a few weeks and pay it back to show them I'm safe!

And yes I have requested my credit reports now to find out what they say
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Ejected
    You not got a credit card??
    We found it a pain in the ass when we moved here, couldn't use our credit ratings from back home even though they use the same system and are over 800.

Here we had to put down big deposits for everything and pay in advanced. Do they not let you do that there?
    Last edited by Nibblet; 27-09-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Had credit cards till recently, really only got used for travel. Can't see any issues there, bank's been trying to lend me money for years.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Go to sorted dot org dot nz and checkout the guides re credit ratings. Bunch of bloody bullshit the way shit affects your rating really.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms