Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Danish radio host kills baby rabbit on air to make a point...

Danish radio host kills baby rabbit on air to make a point...

A Danish radio station is defending a show during which the host killed a baby rabbit by hitting it with a bicycle pump, live on air, saying it was intended to show the hypocrisy of animal lovers.The host, Asger Juhl, killed the baby rabbit, called Allan, "according to careful instructions by a professional animal caretaker from a Danish zoo", station 24/7 said on Tuesday (local time).
    He later took the rabbit home, skinned it and cooked it.
    Danish radio station defends killing baby rabbit live on air | Stuff.co.nz

Ballsy move. He did prove his point though, the world is up in arms because he humanely killed and ate a pet baby rabbit, but they're happy to buy a slab of mince from the supermarket.

I think "humanely killed" is the point of contention.

Radio station stunts - they're just fucking stupid.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    How do you kill a rabbit with a bicycle pump?
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

put the hose inside it and start pumping

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    put the hose inside it and start pumping
    OK. How do you humanely kill a rabbit with a bicycle pump
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Hang on, just re read the post. He hit it with a bicycle pump? Why a bike pump? This was on advice from a zoo? Odd choice of weapon. Hammers and bats in short supply in Denmark?
    veitnamcam, stingray, Ryan and 1 others like this.

Old bike pump, whack on the back of the head. Pretty much instant death. Sooks

I wonder how many people ate battery farmed bacon and eggs before indulging in social media outrage on behalf of said Danish rabbit posting from an Iphone containing 60 or so minerals many of which come from countries which have a systimatic disregard for the enviroment they mine.

Danish radio host kills baby rabbit on air to make a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Old bike pump, whack on the back of the head. Pretty much instant death. Sooks
    That's a traditional Dainish technique? Not fussed but just expected there would be some bizarrely passive but effective bicycle pump method I had yet to learn.
    Tommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    That's a traditional Dainish technique? Not fussed but just expected there would be some bizarrely passive but effective bicycle pump method I had yet to learn.
    It's all in the wrist

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    A zookeeper or something told him to use a metal bar. A very solid bicycle pump (I presume one of the long thin ones) was the closest thing that he had.

What the hell does a zookeeper know about walloping rabbits anyhow?

Isnt it like "I want to kill a 16yo kid, I have advice from a school principal that an iron bar to the base of skull would kill quickly and humanely." Haha
    Tommy likes this.

From what I gather, it was all a publicity stunt to gain exposure and create controversy, which in turn produces ratings for the radio station. As far as the cute little bunny goes, well I've seen a hellova lot worse things happen to them sadly. The bunny's are the enemy round my neighborhood, they get killed 7 ways from Sunday here.
    If you can just be yourself,
    You can be anything.

Those rabbits we ate tonight were fukin primo ....in the dinner thread guys
    gadgetman and Frosty like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

He knocked it unconcious with the bicycle pump and broke its neck afterwards!
    To understand the fuss You must know that we don't have rabbits as a pest in Danmark. People keep rabbits as pets and people very rarely eat them. You can occasionally get rabbitmeat in supermarkets but its not a common thing to eat.
    Some people just don't see the bigger picture and eat chicken, pork and beef but goes berserk when "a cute rabbit gets killed" 😵
    veitnamcam, gadgetman and EeeBees like this.