Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: A day to reflect on the fogotten fallen

A day to reflect on the fogotten fallen

Today we should remember all the fallen not just the ANZACs
    We have some dark days in our past, far worse than the ChCh attacks
    https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...kgKOCM-lDTuBx0
    'Bother' said Pooh, as he chambered another round ... Wong Far King Way

No, this is a day to remember our armed forces serving personnel who gave there lives for our country!
    Lets not water down there sacrifice.
    Plenty more days in the year to remember others.
    wsm junkie, Maca49, keneff and 3 others like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quite right

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    No, this is a day to remember our armed forces serving personnel who gave there lives for our country!
    Exactly @Sideshow. It is called ANZAC Day, not ANZAC-and-whoever Day. And on Stuff we have yet another lefty "journalist and student" telling us what we should think and feel about it. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/las...-or-patriotism. Whatdafuk? ANZAC troops were fighting the bastards, spilling blood and dying. I didn't like Stuff and its minions anyway, but now I detest them. They just lost another reader, unless I feel the need for a taste of the ridiculous. No doubt the teachers and the children will lap it up.
    gonetropo likes this.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Today we should remember all the fallen not just the ANZACs
    We have some dark days in our past, far worse than the ChCh attacks
    https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...kgKOCM-lDTuBx0
    Yes, stick to the ANZACS, maori and white, together, today ANZAC day.

I see the point of the Ngata fallen being also war dead, though in the land confiscation wars. They were however not innocent, having killed men women and children themselves, so controversial to raise a monument to their victimhood. That said, I believe ANZACS did not come home feeling great about themselves either, once alone and looking into the mirror. No one returns innocent from war. "Good morning son. Eat your porridge. By the way, I bayoneted a German teenage boy about your age."

Tomorrow, better focus on the 377 NZ road kill white and maori and asian, christian, buddhist, muslim, agnostic, the occasional atheist, men women and children of 2018. They did not set out armed. So far 2019 has seen roughly similar driving standards.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Exactly @Sideshow. It is called ANZAC Day, not ANZAC-and-whoever Day. And on Stuff we have yet another lefty "journalist and student" telling us what we should think and feel about it. https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/las...-or-patriotism. Whatdafuk? ANZAC troops were fighting the bastards, spilling blood and dying. I didn't like Stuff and its minions anyway, but now I detest them. They just lost another reader, unless I feel the need for a taste of the ridiculous. No doubt the teachers and the children will lap it up.
    that apologist is well known for writing this sort of sanctimonoius drivel,so im 100%behind you.ANzac day it was dewsignated and Anzac daty it sahll be .of course if these arseholes had their way it would be a watered down festival of drivel vlike waitangi day has become over recent years alas .no longer do we stand in respect to hear words of the wise,join our fellow members of this nation in celbrating diversity-instead its diversity through disruption angry speech threats etcetc.
    not on our anzac day you bloody dont-it will never be tolerated-and whats more death does not discriminate as the last remnants of blood soaked into the festering earth .whatever race or colour,whatever sky or ground or sea ,it alone was the mute witness to a human life laid down in service of others-lest we all forget.
    Maca49, timattalon and keneff like this.

I think the point of my post has been lost. My fault I haven't made it clear enough. There are many who have given there lives in establishing this country as we know it today, not just ANZACs. It seemed to me that there is no 'day' that we remember all the others who rest forgotten, Firemen, Police, others, those who died in the early wars here. A post on this forum can't change the country but we as individuals can reflect. If we can choose to forget them, then in time the ANZACs too will be forgotten. After all this is what the PM wants seemingly. Don't we as a nation place more store in remembering Guy Faulks from 1605 than those that have died on our own soil and more significance on the Mosque Massacre than the likes of the Ngatapa Massacre which in my opinion was much worse because it was committed by the crown not a nutter.
    Cordite likes this.

yes we can ponder meditate and plead all we bloody well like because human being the areshole that it is has a "forget button"and that is hit very frequently leading to us kicking the living shit and seven bells out of each other for what???????????????????
    Facts -Politicians create wars
    soldiers fight &die in wars
    civilians -just collateral damage
    40+yrs ago as a young nurse i dealt with eastern european,.slav gypsy and whiterussian refugees victims of nazi insanityWW2 -stories i heard still bring me to tears today ,including the harrowing personal recollections of three women (all Polish)who saw family members marched off to the crematoriums by smiling joking nazis.at Auschwitz
    see an auschwitz tatto a human arm and it wil lleave you colder than a bloody honeymooners breakfast-hear the soft poignant lilting voice asking why and it would bring tears to a glass eye.in an interlude i was priveledged to deal with broken men feom vietnam -gentlemen them ,not arseholeslike the cowering polis who sent them there or took 30=yrs to acknowledge their efforts.
    in the last 20yrs -10 owhich i spent in forensic psychiatry-ive dealt with these UN muslim refugees ,including 3 whom i rank up with arsehole as NZs most dangerous.
    the most lethal of all though a somalian refugee broke my heart when she related to me the treatment of her ,her sister,and family in a fucking UN refugee camp,a lethal ,a never ending drive to achieve malevolence ,all motivated by a totally inept western agency our present govt spends licking the arse of.
    If any of you delicates are out there (iknow who you are -tough titties lads I tell it how i see it and if i dont like it I will say so-face to face I really enjoy as i let my public speaking talents flow free.
    as for the septic wee pudding faced Min finance with his promises of may 30budget"mental health "will like" ,dont patronise us you snivelling vote buying entity.
    Pity i couldnt get you in a 1;1 situation fat boy cause id be into you faster than i can get me jaws round a pavlova.same goes with spinelss opposition.
    as for this modern psychobabble shit"oh you must live in the moment ,I subscribe to the other attributed rightly or wrongly to Sir winston churchill
    those who do not study the mistakes of history are destined to repeat them and my old medial supoerintendsent at seaview hospital hokitika
    Patrick Kenneth DavidsonRIP
    Until such time as level headed respectful humans desire to sit around the table to air and resolve their different points of view.no good will ever come of the human race.
    here endeth my gospel as my Altar wine(AKAbeer)needs replenishment.
    Last edited by kotuku; 25-04-2019 at 06:31 PM.

But it wasn’t just committed by the Crown was it. They had also committed atrocities as well.
    To try and stick this on the end of ANZAC day in my opinion is just disrespectful to our troops that have served our country!
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Yes, stick to the ANZACS, maori and white, together, today ANZAC day.

I see the point of the Ngata fallen being also war dead, though in the land confiscation wars. They were however not innocent, having killed men women and children themselves, so controversial to raise a monument to their victimhood. That said, I believe ANZACS did not come home feeling great about themselves either, once alone and looking into the mirror. No one returns innocent from war. "Good morning son. Eat your porridge. By the way, I bayoneted a German teenage boy about your age."

Tomorrow, better focus on the 377 NZ road kill white and maori and asian, christian, buddhist, muslim, agnostic, the occasional atheist, men women and children of 2018. They did not set out armed. So far 2019 has seen roughly similar driving standards.
    I have been listening to National Radio in the tractor. Heard an interview with the mighty Nancy Wake on this topic, in relation to killing an SS guard with her bare hands "nothing you can do about it, you can't bury him or do anything, so no point worrying about it".
    The last Boy Scout

But it wasn’t just committed by the Crown was it. They had also committed atrocities as well.
    To try and stick this on the end of ANZAC day in my opinion is just disrespectful to our troops that have served our country!
    Agree and disagree. It's a commemoration, not a celebration. No-one celebrates ANZACS shot at dawn by a firing squad of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I have been listening to National Radio in the tractor. Heard an interview with the mighty Nancy Wake on this topic, in relation to killing an SS guard with her bare hands "nothing you can do about it, you can't bury him or do anything, so no point worrying about it".
    Nancy Wake:
    "They'd taught this judo-chop stuff with the flat of the hand at SOE, and I practised away at it. But this was the only time I used it – whack – and it killed him all right. I was really surprised."
    Tussock likes this.

So what you are saying (1) is that when a group fight against the crown they automatically loose their legal rights and they should be stood on the edge of a cliff and shot without trial after they have surrendered.
    And (2) It is disrespectful to the Anzacs to remember all those who also died before and after them in the formation of our country

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Agree and disagree. It's a commemoration, not a celebration. No-one celebrates ANZACS shot at dawn by a firing squad of their own.
    You live in an understanding, sympathetic world today, when your at war, I think these things change significantly.
    An old guy came up to me at the ANZAC service at the Pyes pa cemetery yesterday, as I stood at my father in laws grave, with his medals. He looked upon the rows of soldiers graves and said " whats changed, these guys came back and carried on as best they could, with no help. Todays soldiers come back a need all the counselling they can get to continue with theirs"
    I thought about the nightmares my father in law told me "he lived with" all his life. He never let it show, just hardened and harboured it within himself
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

As I said Moa Hunter plenty of other days! Just not this one.