Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Dear oh Deer

Dear oh Deer

Took a photo of this last fire season when I was doing permits at Atiamuri. Poor thing, and it was right beside the main race as well. Farmer reckoned he never saw it, really! I did! What a hell of a way to die.
    Name:  IMG_20170810_085111_351.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  720.4 KB
    Name:  1502313468048.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  66.5 KB
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    What a long suffering death it must have had. What a waste.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

You could understand if it was some out of the way paddock but next to main lane that's bollocks! How could you not see it.

My God

The smelllllll...........
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    I came across a young chamois that suffered the same fate. A high country fence that was miles from any track.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

I came across a bloody good stag dead with its head tangled in about 30m of old sheep fence netting once.🙁

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

I heard of an old farmer who went the same way - mid 60s and tough as bootleather; he went over a fence and slipped his foot down then rolled over the exact same way with his foot stuck fast between the two wires.
    No cellphone, no pliers to hand
    Died of thirst

On my own I cross fences like a total nana these days for that precise reason

Damn that's nasty!!

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I heard of an old farmer who went the same way - mid 60s and tough as bootleather; he went over a fence and slipped his foot down then rolled over the exact same way with his foot stuck fast between the two wires.
    No cellphone, no pliers to hand
    Died of thirst

On my own I cross fences like a total nana these days for that precise reason
    Dang...

A couple of years ago, my hunting mate was on top of a range that "NOBODY" knows about and he bumps into a tramper The tramper was still shaking after cutting a stag free that got his antlers wound up in tussocks. Said the stag looked as if saying "WTF are you, and thanks" before he walked away.

Coming home late from duck shooting in a thunderstorm got to Dads electric 4 wire fence thought the best thing to do was crawl under
    Shotgun belt hooked the wire zap thought f*#!!! Back up but no the rim of the cartridge's had hooked the wire zap zap zap
    Managed to undo the belt but was feeling rather sick by the time I had it off
    Left me gun and belt there and went back in the morning. Recon a few more minutes and I'd have past out and then would have been toast
    Was a good morning shoot though think a ran out of ammo so didn't have the same problem on the way home.
    Still have the same gun and belt but always make sure that I can reach the buckle.
    Biggun708 and Paddy79 like this.

He was a Dairy farmer, he did not care about the deer, they care about their cows and nothing else, poor cows poor= milk = poor pay, Great cows = great milk = great pay, fuck everything else, yes I have come from a dairy farm back ground as well as sheep and beef so suck it

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Coming home late from duck shooting in a thunderstorm got to Dads electric 4 wire fence thought the best thing to do was crawl under
    Shotgun belt hooked the wire zap thought f*#!!! Back up but no the rim of the cartridge's had hooked the wire zap zap zap
    Left me gun and belt there and went back in the morning. Recon a few more minutes and I'd have past out and then would have been toast
    Was a good morning shoot though think a ran out of ammo so didn't have the same problem on the way home.
    Still have the same gun and belt but always make sure that I can reach the buckle.
    My son, like his grandad can just grab a hot wire and tell ya how grunty it is.
    Freaks me out.
    I got a good belt off one shifting some cows, cursed and swore a bit.

My boy wanders over to see what the fuss was about, grabs the wire in his fist and calls me a sook as it's not that grunty

I hate the things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    At least you would've been nice and tender!
    Sideshow likes this.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    My son, like his grandad can just grab a hot wire and tell ya how grunty it is.
    Freaks me out.
    I got a good belt off one shifting some cows, cursed and swore a bit.

My boy wanders over to see what the fuss was about, grabs the wire in his fist and calls me a sook as it's not that grunty

I hate the things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thank you to to genetics, he got his mother's, mainly.........
    gadgetman and R93 like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....