Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree424Likes

Thread: DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE 40%

DEPOSIT FOR A HOUSE 40%

With new regulations from the Reserve bank for all banks in NZ to need a 40% deposit from September for a house not only in Auckland but country wide hopefully will cool off the property market and stop speculators and Investors . But how is the Govt helping 1st home buyers?

If I read right 40% was for those who had investment properties?? Still 20% for owner occupied??

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    tetawa and nzfubz like this.
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

40% only for investors. Investors are categorised if you are making an income from the property not if you are living / paying mortgage.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Read And Understand First

The said on stuff ( i know its probably wrong ) investments are going 40% and 1st home buyers was dropping to 5% percent.

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    The said on stuff ( i know its probably wrong ) investments are going 40% and 1st home buyers was dropping to 5% percent.
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff.co.nz
    On Tuesday the Reserve Bank launched proposals which would mean only 5 per cent of lending to residential property investors could be to borrowers with less than a 40 per cent deposit.
    199p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Read And Understand First
    emptyquotin' myself

I just don't see it helping with house prices? I can see it helping the banks if the market fell over and I can see it helping new builds to keep booming.

Lowers banks exposure to higher risk investor debt, disincentivises property investment slightly to reduce demand (slightly)

probably won't do much

It sounds to me that the RB is shit scared the market is going to collapse and don't want to be left with loans larger than the house value? On the other side they are happy with the home owner at 20% deposit as they aren't likely to sell if the market goes south, which may be the case but they will still end up with a loan worth more than there house value and that's when things get interesting.

Investors are more likely to default, and more likely to own multiple properties, greater exposure in the event of a uh, market correction.

But the 40% can be equity in other properties, no investors = no rentals? The govt shouldnt be building up their state houses in my opinion, I think it should be private, but without capital gain and the exposure to having your house wrecked with no recompense, if your not making a decent return out of a rental, why would you want to be in the market? Ive rented houses and its a one way street in favour of the renter in my experience, its not an easy one to solve, a small correction in the housing markets OK but a collapse wouldnt be nice, banks dont cut any slack, but accept our money when they need a bale out! and remember the bank has the right to take your cash investments if they are failing!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Completely fucks up my plan of buying somewhere out of Auckland for a mortgage free retirement. Can't afford/wont pay what they cost here but now have to buy somewhere out of Auckland as a batch. So Rent payment and mortgage on top. And an empty house down the line I can't use coz I'm having to work my arse off up in this shit hole to pay for the fuckin thing. Not impressed when all they need to do is restrict sales to citizens only.

These changes are a good thing, as long as they address the 39% of purchasing done by foreign persons.

New Zealand to me means: clean, green, affordable, safe, and low population.

All national seem to be busy doing is fucking that all up.

The market needs correcting but the Govt's sitting on their hands , a survey of pms in march showed most of them are owners of more than two dwellings and in some cases multiple houses so they have had a great reason for doing fuck all for so long and now since the election is on the horizon the housing issue is suddenly an issue.
    IMHO the market needs to drop at least 40% as has happened in the past .
    veitnamcam and Steve123 like this.