Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree430Likes

Thread: Dicks

Dicks

I dont know if its just me but there has been a bit of stuff that goes on round the forum lately thats started to become engrained in the NZHS fabric and it kinda gets on my nerves.
    Now, I am by no stretch of the imagination some kind of forum policeman, nor do I expect others to bend to my every whim, but I know more than a few productive members of this forum who have contributed a great deal who have also noticed the trend of people “being dicks” and its creating an environment where these guys are just walking away and with them goes their knowledge and contribution to the community.
    I do wonder what some of the dicks are like in real life as I find it hard to believe there can be so many people out there that lack any sense of common courtesy or any kind of understanding how their actions may be percieved by others.
    A lot of what really gets on my nerves is the amount of guys on here who contribute fuck all to the place as a community, but are always the first with their hands out wanting something for nothing. You have the guys that sign up only because they saw something on the for sale threads and they want it so they sign up just to reply to the thread. You have the guys who seem to just float around the Pay It Forward thread and apart from swooping in and snapping up stuff on there, dont actually post at all. That shit really gets on my goat, not because I missed out on something, but because someone more deserving probably did, and you just make yourself look like a dick while you're at it, a big fat fucking landfill dwelling seagull kinda dick.
    Then you have the guys that just want others intelectual property, for nothing. Its ok to ask for advice about things, its ok to be new to things, but once you have been signed up for a few months and your only posts are asking for advice/free or cheap shit/hunting spots etc etc without actually ever getting involved in some conversations and being a contributor instead of just a taker, then you look like a dick, a sneaky weasel that just lives in a house a rabbit made and eats its babies kinda dick.
    Signing up just to ask for gps coordinates for a 57 point 700ds freerange stag? You guys are dicks
    Placing WTB ads and then not having the courtesy to tell someone you dont actually want the item you told them you were going to buy? You guys are dicks
    Calling each other names like little kids (I cant actually believe some of this stuff... but it happens) you guys are dicks.
    Right, now we have identified all the dicks im gonna have to go away and have a think about how we can address this issue. Sometimes I feel like it would be great to just come and throw a big bucket of cold water on you all because we all know what that does to dicks and you certainly dont belong out in public.
    Maybe its just me? Maybe im a grumpy asshole and we all know assholes and dicks dont mix.
    #27GANG

dicks and arseholes do mix though just like dicks and pussys
    what we have is a generation of SNOWFLAKES
    04sika and outlander like this.
    Liberty or Death

Well said @Ryan_Songhurst
    I don't contribute much but I try to post my failures up for others to learn from.
    The name calling is just shit couldn't agree more.
    Hopefully I'm not treading on toes asking for advice on hunting and reloading but I don't think I've overstepped that boundary.
    buell984 likes this.

Not a massive poster my self but I try and give back as much as I can, unfortunately it’s modern day life. Seems people nowadays always want something for nothing, I was raised with the saying “ you get back what you put put in” unfortunately the snowflake generation have been raised with the idea that everything is given to you by right and you don’t have to work for your rewards.
    timattalon, 40mm and outlander like this.

Of all the dicks out there I like mine the best.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Well said @Ryan_Songhurst. Forums for any subject should be a means for knowledge sharing.

When they are abused for personal gain or even just trolling it takes from the rest of the (valid/relevant) discussion.

Yeah of course a bit of banter is naturally going to occur, but if it's just always bullshit or consistently posting "my opinion" in every thread, nobody gains knowledge or makes connections that may be for life.

Had been thinking the same.
    Starting to get out of hand.
    But there are still enough good buggers giving advice and making sensible comment.
    Maybe best not to respond to the problem ones.
    The one that get my goat are the ones who do not follow the rules for selling items.
    It is not rocket science to follow the rules.
    I have bought of the for sale section and it is really good, hate for idiots to spoil it for others.
    Happy for spanners or whoever looks after the site to block them and thanks for running it for our benefit.
    7mmsaum, mikee, Steve123 and 2 others like this.

Also this has to be the best insult I have seen in a long time "a big fat fucking landfill dwelling seagull kinda dick".
    Pengy, Beaker, buell984 and 4 others like this.

Give to the givers

Take from the takers
    Steve123 and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Of all the dicks out there I like mine the best.
    But you haven't tried the others
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    But you haven't tried the others
    insert gay joke here
    Pengy likes this.
    Use enough gun

two cyclists walk into a bar....
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    dicks and arseholes do mix though just like dicks and pussys
    what we have is a generation of SNOWFLAKES
    No what we have is too many keyboard hunters that want the whole cake from other peoples hard work. Its not just ryan thats seen a trend of dicks that seem to be hanging around.

Way too many want everything for nothing and dont give anything back.

We need a dick post button next to the like button then somepeople might get a clue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Shootm, kiwijames, Pengy and 8 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    No what we have is too many keyboard hunters that want the whole cake from other peoples hard work. Its not just ryan thats seen a trend of dicks that seem to be hanging around.

Way too many want everything for nothing and dont give anything back.

We need a dick post button next to the like button then somepeople might get a clue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    And a bullshit button..
    Shootm, outdoorlad, 199p and 7 others like this.

It is also the typical lifecycle of a forum, longrangehunting.com went in a similar direction.
    199p, Harryg, mawzer308 and 1 others like this.