Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: Dicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yeah I try to price stuff fairly when I sell it but some people are unbelievably cheap arse and it gets tiring and especially when sometimes it pops up on Tardeme a week later for a tidy profit
    How about a thread to id such goings on. That is pretty bloody cheap to do something like that.
    I thought we were all on here because we are interested in shooting/hunting etc. Kinda makes us all mates to some point (even if we don't all like each other) and mates don't do that sort of shit to each other.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    For a “newbie” you’ve come on board and added to the forum in a positive way with your strange ideas a breathe of fresh air!!
    He does have strange ideas, but you'd have to attribute that to his rather odd shaped head. His father, Shonkey never had an idea at all, really. Similar in many ways to Cindy, strange that...

A forum is just a mini-world, you get a mix of people, some you will get to know more than others, some are givers some are takers, some are loud and obnoxious and opinionated, some rarely open their mouths but when they do post something it's genuine stuff, there will be the occasional tops and bottoms too... and even cyclists.

Not sure if you have a "pay it forward" thread you should spend your energy worrying about how deserving the recipients are. After all, who deserves to get something completely for free? People know that when they post something that they take that risk, and that is just the nature of giving stuff away for free. Always open to abuse, you just can't tell. Not sure there is any answer to the dilemma. As for me, I received something on the "pay it forward" and I'm still stoked at the guy's generosity.
    Register all your firearms this month at your local police station.

Bus driver
    Ryan mate...,after reading yr initial post several times,I must say mate,I laughed my arse off.... not sure if it was satire,a wind up,taking the piss etc... but the quote below is what I can only describe as magic..

Quote...Calling each other names like little kids (I cant actually believe some of this stuff... but it happens) you guys are dicks.
    Tentman and dannyb like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Thats also a big one, I have given away a lot of stuff on here, some of it pretty decent expensive stuff and although the reciever is quick on the pms when they want it, send it off and never hear from them again, no thanks, nothing. I even had one guy that got shitty at me because I forgot to send something off on a monday (I had given this item away and not even asked for postage) and he let me know that he wasnt happy that it took me untill wednesday to send it off... unbelievable...
    That's shit alright, I probably wouldn't have sent it in the end
    Steve123 and Cordite like this.
    When hunting think safety first

CITY BORN COUNTRY RAISED WHEELIN REBEL quadhunter260's Avatar
    I dont post alot however dont ask for fa ethier most people i know of on here have been gc's
    Pretty good, place on the whole id say this forum sadly seems life of me n i these days without doing hard yards

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Thats also a big one, I have given away a lot of stuff on here, some of it pretty decent expensive stuff and although the reciever is quick on the pms when they want it, send it off and never hear from them again, no thanks, nothing. I even had one guy that got shitty at me because I forgot to send something off on a monday (I had given this item away and not even asked for postage) and he let me know that he wasnt happy that it took me untill wednesday to send it off... unbelievable...
    That sucks the stuff I have given away hopefully want to a genuine person in need but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    My question is ... Why did kamakazie pilots wear helmets???
    Geeze hope you don’t wear one? Really screw with your confidence!
    A330driver likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Year there nice ah...got to handle a couple of original 1800 revolvers the other day. Helped make the West...could almost feel like circling the wagons and eating some beans. I’ve not had the privilege of handling any duellers before bit high end doubles and shotguns a plenty. Small trip to Holts and there’s a whole world of history.
    Haven’t mention all the other, the whole house is a museum, unbelievable!!
    Sideshow likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I haven't given anything away on the Pay it forward thread, and I haven't asked for anything either (but I have liked posts where good people are giving good stuff away). I figure I can afford to buy what I need, and free stuff is better going to new hunters (young and old) or those that don't have the spare cash.

Are there any rules around who gets stuff From the Pay it forward thread? I have been assuming if I put something up for free I can choose who it goes to (based on number of posts, length of forum membership, etc) rather than it automatically going to the first responder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I haven't given anything away on the Pay it forward thread, and I haven't asked for anything either (but I have liked posts where good people are giving good stuff away). I figure I can afford to buy what I need, and free stuff is better going to new hunters (young and old) or those that don't have the spare cash.

Are there any rules around who gets stuff From the Pay it forward thread? I have been assuming if I put something up for free I can choose who it goes to (based on number of posts, length of forum membership, etc) rather than it automatically going to the first responder.
    Suppose you can ask for something like forum membership with at least 25 "likes" after all it's your stuff. Don't know if there are any actual written rules. This is not TM.
    Register all your firearms this month at your local police station.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    Sellers discretion I'd guess, I've given a few things away and chose someone who has contributed in some way (or a newbie and needs a helping hand getting started)

How is there a thread about "Dicks" with 5pages of comments from a bunch of testosterone fueled blokey blokes (guessing the majority of people here)

I have met a handful of guys on here, and all of them have more knowledge and experience re Hunting and Fishing than me. I respect that, and I really appreciate the fact that they have chosen to share that knowledge with me. It has pushed me to get out more and 'do it'. Well all apart from that Pengy fella, he was offering motorbike lessons the other day...
    Every other interaction/conversation sale etc. I have been part of has been faultless, I personally think most here are all top notch buggers, but you'll always get a bad egg sometimes.
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    He does have strange ideas, but you'd have to attribute that to his rather odd shaped head. His father, Shonkey never had an idea at all, really. Similar in many ways to Cindy, strange that...
    P-p-p-pillock.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    P-p-p-pillock.
    Th, th.. thanks very, mu, mum, muchly, kind sir. P-p--p pullcock to you too.
    A330driver and Max Headroom like this.