Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do I have to get married??

Do I have to get married??

Newcomer in NZ, first thing after starting a job I'd like to buy a shotgun and later maybe a rifle.
    I've read about how can I get ''firearms license'' and notice that I need 2 persons to ''verify my suitability'', one of them must to be spouse or relative. But.... I'm a single man, newcomer here and I know nobody yet very well. How can I get license? Is there any other way? Do I have to get married soon??!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Do I have to get married??

Ask Dougie nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Off course you have to be married...but you are lucky that you came to this country as we allow same sex 'sort' of marrage, called 'civil union'...soon our leaders will allow same sex marrage...the next step after making it legal is that they will then make it compulsory.

Spook you are quite outspoken today! And er James, cheers for being my wing man...I think?

First off Christos, where are you from and did you have a FAL in that country? I think depending on the country you may be able to do some sort of visitor licence thing and your overseas references may be contactable. If I were you I would just ring up your local arms office and see what they think.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I've been in Cyprus and yes I had some kind of FAL (a gun registered in my name). Maybe I can ask the police there for a certificate and some references. I'm not exactly visitor, I'm resident but can a visitor buy a gun or just use a gun? Thanks

Under direct supervision of a FAL holder, you may use a firearm. However to purchase one you are required to hold a FAL. I don't know much about the visitor licences but I think they are sort of aimed for people on holiday/here short term who wish to purchase firearms in NZ.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

ill marry you christos

Quote Originally Posted by ARdave View Post
    ill marry you christos

What would Bear say??????!!!! Dave, you little slut..

ill marry you christos
    Get in the queue...we need to know what sort of gun he has and if he has any money.

well thats awkward, i thought id private messaged him...
    Dougie likes this.

well thats awkward, i thought id private messaged him...
    Is that 'private message' or 'massage privates'
    ARdave and Dougie like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I wish someone had told me that I didn't need to get married (would have saved a lot of grief when the first one took a kamikaze dive into oblivion). Anyway Christo, you don't have to get married to get a FAL and you certainly don't have to get married to Dougie. Go see the local firearms officer and discuss the matter with him / her. I am sure that there must be others that they will accept as being able to vouch for you. The reference to spouse in the FAL process is simply because the police want to make sure that you are not a fruit loop / time bomb waiting to nut off and the best judge of that is probably your missus if you have one.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I reacon not being married should be a tick in the "Yes he is not insane " box

Banned
    you can marry my missus bro and just pay child support for a year thats a fair deal!

ok thanks. Considering all offers, i think i'll go straight to the officer and discuss it and if it takes a lot of time for me to get the FAL ... I'll ask him to find me a good girl....