Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By gsp follower
  • 3 Post By P38
  • 1 Post By hanse
  • 1 Post By 300CALMAN
  • 1 Post By kotuku

Thread: doc and mathmatics

doc and mathmatics

[QUOTE
    RE: mallard permits
    @doc.govt.nz> Apr 4 at 8:57 AM
    To

Dear Kevin

Thank you for your email.

Please be aware the Department of Conservation is a Government Department, so each time you submit a query, it could fall within the definition of a request for the release of information under the Official Information Act 1982 (“the OIA”), even if this was not your intention.

With that in mind, your comments are reproduced below:

1. why would a preserrve require a permit for a species when they cant shoot ducks by f&g decree

2. I find it strange that as the issuer you do no follow up of thier practises unless thier a complaint??

3. species management as a reason for the permit?what does that even mean??

4. can you tell me which f&g has oversight on this permit?

Numbers 1, 4 and the second part of number 3 constitute requests for official information under the OIA 1982 ss. (1) – (1AA) (a)-(b).

Number 2 is simply a comment, so no response is required.

Because numbers 1,3 (b) and 4 qualify as OIA requests, the information relating to these will only be released via the OIA procedure.

There is no fee for processing your requests providing it takes less than 1 hour for the Department to complete the task. After 1 hour there is a charge at $38.00 plus GST per half hour or part thereof thereafter.

I estimate it will take up to one hour and 30 minutes to process the request as a number of authorities were subject to your previous OIA request and not all of these had identical special conditions. As such the Department will have to access it’s records to identify the Fish & Game Council you refer to. This will incur a fee of $76.00 plus GST.

If any unforeseen circumstances cause this figure to be exceeded, you will be advised in advance and provided with a revised costs estimate.

Please confirm by way of return email by Wednesday 6 April 2016 if you intend this matter to be pursued as an OIA request? A request to pursue this matter as an OIA request will be deemed as acceptance of the payment of any costs incurred to process the request for information.

I look forward to hearing from you.][/QUOTE]

not unless your charging rates are as dodgy as your maths doc
    the first hour bieng free
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    [QUOTE
    RE: mallard permits
    @doc.govt.nz> Apr 4 at 8:57 AM
    To

Dear Kevin

Thank you for your email.

Please be aware the Department of Conservation is a Government Department, so each time you submit a query, it could fall within the definition of a request for the release of information under the Official Information Act 1982 (“the OIA”), even if this was not your intention.

With that in mind, your comments are reproduced below:

1. why would a preserrve require a permit for a species when they cant shoot ducks by f&g decree

2. I find it strange that as the issuer you do no follow up of thier practises unless thier a complaint??

3. species management as a reason for the permit?what does that even mean??

4. can you tell me which f&g has oversight on this permit?

Numbers 1, 4 and the second part of number 3 constitute requests for official information under the OIA 1982 ss. (1) – (1AA) (a)-(b).

Number 2 is simply a comment, so no response is required.

Because numbers 1,3 (b) and 4 qualify as OIA requests, the information relating to these will only be released via the OIA procedure.

There is no fee for processing your requests providing it takes less than 1 hour for the Department to complete the task. After 1 hour there is a charge at $38.00 plus GST per half hour or part thereof thereafter.

I estimate it will take up to one hour and 30 minutes to process the request as a number of authorities were subject to your previous OIA request and not all of these had identical special conditions. As such the Department will have to access it’s records to identify the Fish & Game Council you refer to. This will incur a fee of $76.00 plus GST.

If any unforeseen circumstances cause this figure to be exceeded, you will be advised in advance and provided with a revised costs estimate.

Please confirm by way of return email by Wednesday 6 April 2016 if you intend this matter to be pursued as an OIA request? A request to pursue this matter as an OIA request will be deemed as acceptance of the payment of any costs incurred to process the request for information.

I look forward to hearing from you.]
    not unless your charging rates are as dodgy as your maths doc
    the first hour bieng free[/QUOTE]

@GPS Follower

Ask DOC to complete your request in two separate sessions .... each of 3/4 of an hour.

Maybe they could break it down by inserting a lunch or tea break in between these two sessions.

That way DOC won't have to go to expense of sending you a Bill and Collecting the Debt when you refuse to pay for the Dodgy Maths and you'll get your request completed for free.

Win - Win for both parties

Cheers
    Pete
    bully, Maca49 and gsp follower like this.

What the blazes was that all about...we pay for such government departments...honestly...if its a comment it has no relevance...I cannot wait, @gsp follower, to read of your follow up on this...

plus GST...how old is that...when is GST going to be simply part of the fee/price/amount charged...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Tools not Toys
    Doc was just shitty with your Gramma
    K95 likes this.
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

They've gotta stop sucking on those green lozenges
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Maybe he would like to do his maths for this office

Home | Office of the Ombudsman

Not a a very well put together reply if you ask me.
    hanse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    Doc was just shitty with your Gramma
    my grandma would have given them an earful for thier bloody cheek

Ask DOC to complete your request in two separate sessions .... each of 3/4 of an hour.

Maybe they could break it down by inserting a lunch or tea break in between these two sessions
    between yoga sessions more likely p38
    and the 3/4 hour sessions would be what it takes to brief the staff on what i wanted and if it had any iwi implications :O_O
    They've gotta stop sucking on those green lozenges
    :
    either that mac49 or they,ve been on the amyl nitrate left over from the cyanide ground op days

good way of stopping you asking to many queations tho at 76$ per hour

Main Provisions
    Powers of rangers to call for assistance
    Section 39(1) of the Act sets out the powers of rangers. Section 39(1)(e) provides that, “while in lawful execution of his duty, a ranger may call upon any male person, not being under the age of 18 years, to aid or assist him when reasonable necessity exists for calling that assistance, and every person aiding or assisting any ranger pursuant to any such call shall while doing so be deemed to be and shall have all the powers of a ranger duly appointed under [the] Act.”

The Bill replaces this provision and provides that a ranger may call on any person for assistance, and that person is authorised to assist the ranger in the exercise of a search power in accordance with Section 113 of the Search and Surveillance Act 2012 or in the exercise of any other power if the person acts under the direction and supervision of the ranger (Part 1, Clause 4, amending Section 39(1)(e) of the Act by substituting paragraph (e); cf. Section 2(1) of the Act, definition of “ranger”).
    damn this wildlife [powers] amendment bill looks a bit wild west and ott.
    Application of Search and Surveillance Act 2012
    The Bill provides that Part 4 of the Search and Surveillance Act 2012 applies, with any necessary modifications, in relation to the exercise of a power under Section 39(1) or any of New Sections 39A to 39E (Part 1, Clause 5, inserting New Section 39F into the Act; Part 2, Clause 10, amending the Schedule of the Search and Surveillance Act 2012 by providing that, in respect of New Sections 39A-39E of the Wildlife Act 1953 (inserted by Clause 5 of this Bill) ).
    what do doc need powers for them and any tom dick or harry they call on need the detention powers in this act for???
    Last edited by gsp follower; 08-04-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    damn this wildlife [powers] amendment bill looks a bit wild west and ott.

what do doc need powers for them and any tom dick or harry they call on need the detention powers in this act for???
    Obviously because you're not behaving mate.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

"a ranger may call upon any male person, not being under the age of 18 years, to aid or assist him when reasonable necessity exists" now changed to "any person for assistance, and that person is authorised to assist the ranger..."... my, they have come a long way!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

very old military terms -"hurry up and wait","sand shoes on sand shoes off " "here i am start fucking me round" and the modern govt reply?????????????YOU WANT IT WHEN.
    OH plump one .load the 20g ,say a prayer to the lads o'r yonder,light a lungbuster and park your arse cause the reply aint comin fast!

Your sincere student
    gsp follower likes this.