Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Does anyone hate heights.

Does anyone hate heights.

Hi does anyone have any fears.This morning i had to go to the runoff to feed out as mr Dundee had to take his dad to the doctors.I had to get some hay down from the hay shed it was up top and anyway mr Dundee usaully goes up the frinkin ladder he was nt around so i hum and ha and decided to get myself up their that was easy,So i chuck down what need then a horrible feeling came over me i couldnt get myself down the ladder so i decided to chuck some bales down so i could climb down,so glad that was over so i jump on my quad and finih my work.

The more you work with heights the more confident you become. I don't like heights, but can manage the risk if I need to.
    Flying takes a bit for me to do, but once again the more you do the better you cope. Side ways in a 747 destroys your confidence for a while!
    mrs dundee likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Would it get amusing reactions if i posted photos looking down from high places?
    gadgetman and BRADS like this.

Or sideways on gravel?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Or sideways on gravel?
    Its hard to take photos while doing that... I probably have some videos though!

Aly
    Yup I'm pretty scared of heights. I'm a wuss if it comes to abseiling .... ever haha.

Though as a kid I used to have a club house in the hay barn, on the tops and it's a wonder I never fell through those 4 meter holes haha

Went on the rally course with Dale? Up buy Auck. Awesome after a three laps round the forest track he asked why I had never taken up rally driving! I told him I saw the black hole! Absolutely great day! Caned the dicks that were at his rally school! Some people shouldn't even try to drive a rally car!
    sako75 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Went on the rally course with Dale? Up buy Auck. Awesome after a three laps round the forest track he asked why I had never taken up rally driving! I told him I saw the black hole! Absolutely great day! Caned the dicks that were at his rally school! Some people shouldn't even try to drive a rally car!
    Nice, would be great fun! I've never got into proper competition because it costs so much - I could probably afford club rallying in an old Datsun but even that would mean ditching most of my other hobbies. You're right though, some people are just hopeless. Its funny but sad when you see people competing who look like they're out for a sunday drive... the top drivers are in another league though, really impressive to watch.

You need to talk with my son he'd love to do the same thing! He went on the same course and was invited to join the school, your right good driver a a bit above!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

You need to talk with my son he'd love to do the same thing! He went on the same course and was invited to join the school, your right good driver a a bit above!
    Look, a really good driver takes it easy, stays relaxed, watches for potential trouble, ...
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

jumping out of perfectly good air crafts beats jumping off a ladder
    EeeBees, Maca49, Gibo and 1 others like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Ejected
    I love heights and have done some really stupid things in the past that could have gotten me a early grave.
    For me I struggle to comprehend people's fear of them, respect their fear but don't understand the whole inability to control their motor function when it's the same body just in a different position.

My missus brother and dad are terrified of heights.

It's not the height that hurts, just the sudden stop at the bottom.
    mrs dundee likes this.

I'm much like Nibblet, I actually get a kick out of being up high, but then I generally enjoy things that put me in danger.
    Nibblet likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    It's not the height that hurts, just the sudden stop at the bottom.
    That is because people get the whole process wrong Nibblet. For example if they fall forty feet from the top of a building they will likely die when they hit the ground but if they fell the first 38 feet and then jumped down the last two feet they would likely survive as most people can jump down two feet without injuring themselves. At worst some might twist an ankle on landing. Remember you heard it here first.
    7mmsaum and gadgetman like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I've been saved by a mate after falling from the top of a water tower so I have a respect for heights and tread a bit more carefully than I would on the ground but that's about it.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".