Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dog Skin ?

Dog Skin ?

TOM DILLANE/FAIRFAX NZ
    The foreshore between Takapuna Beach playground and the Takapuna Boating Club where the dog flesh was found.

DISTRESSING CONTENT: A "freshly skinned" section of dog flesh, more than one metre in length, has been found on Auckland's Takapuna Beach.
    The flesh was found by local resident Brent McCarty at 7.45am, while walking his own dog along the beach on Monday.
    "What drew my attention to it was that my dog, as well as other dogs, were going to that spot and that's when I found the skin," McCarty said.
    SUPPLIED
    The dog skin was more than one metre in length.

"Analysing it, the skin on the inside was still quite pink, so it had been freshly put there. I would say it would have had to been put there within 24 hours, or 12."
    READ MORE:
    * Dog owners hold fiery public meeting at Auckland's Takapuna Beach over dog right
    * Politicians call for council dog officers to be sent into Auckland's Takapuna Beach
    * Unleashed dogs on an Auckland beach are a injury-causing nightmare, locals claim

"Whoever did it knew what they were doing because I can tell you looking at the internal part of the skin, not the external, there was no knife blade cut, it was very clean. I have no doubt it was a dog."
    McCarty said he found the dog skin on the foreshore halfway between the Takapuna Beach playground and the Takapuna Boating Club.
    Upon finding the skin, McCarty placed it in a nearby rubbish bin at Takapuna Beach using a plastic bag.
    He then rang Devonport-Takapuna Local Board member Mike Sheehy who notified Takapuna police station in person, about the dog skin. Auckland Council dog patrol was also informed.
    Takapuna constable Erik Bakker said they have made several inquiries about the incident but there were very limited lines for police to pursue the matter further.

"Takapuna Police are not aware of any reports from an owner of a dog matching that description. Additionally, if someone has a missing dog, they would contact the council in the first instance," Bakker said.
    "The item appears to have washed up on the beach and there are limitless places as to where it could have come from.
    "We are aware that some residents have expressed recent frustrations over dogs running freely on the beach, and wish to be quite clear; there is currently no evidence to suggest that this is the result of a person disgruntled with dogs running freely."
    Despite Takapuna Police's assertion the dog skin could have washed up on Takapuna Beach from anywhere, McCarty did not think the the skin had been in the sea for an extended period.
    "The skin itself was not badly salt-damaged, as if it had been in the sea for several days," McCarty said.
    "There was no sign of sea-life or anything like that on it. It was just there on the beach. It was a dog that had been freshly skinned."
    The issue of dog rights on Takapuna Beach has been a volatile subject within the Takapuna community over the last month.
    A group of 11 residents from Auckland's North Shore met with Devonport-Takapuna Local Board member Mike Cohen on January 23 to push for more Auckland Council dog officers patrolling Takapuna Beach.
    The residents group believed the hours dogs were allowed off the lead, 6pm to 10am, had become hazardous for the general public on Takapuna Beach.
    In response to the residents group's calls, a public meeting of over 50 North Shore dog owners took place at Takapuna Beach on February 3 to defend dog rights on the beach.
    There was also heated discussion with Devonport-Takapuna Local Board members at the public meeting over the need for more council dog officers to patrol unruly dogs on the beach.
    At the February 21 Devonport-Takapuna Local Board meeting, deputy chair George Wood passed a notice of motion asking Auckland Council for more regular patrolling of Takapuna and Milford beaches by dog officers.
    - Stuff

Save|Saved Stories

Next North Shore Times story:

Navy veteran, 99, on Auckland's North Shore recounts brushes with death
    Auckland Homepage

more from stuff

Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I wonder which cultures consider dogs as food and which of those cultures are immigrating to Auckland (and NZ) in large numbers?
    P38, veitnamcam, GWH and 2 others like this.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    I wonder which cultures consider dogs as food and which of those cultures are immigrating to Auckland (and NZ) in large numbers?
    I wonder if that was a Kuri

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/campus/un...nction-studied

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    I wonder if that was a Kuri

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/campus/un...nction-studied

Cheers
    Pete
    I think it is fairly clear what happened to them.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Samoans?
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Samoans?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    To quote a Mel Gibson line from the movie Patriot, "Dog is a good meal".
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Mine comes in tins!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

There are a lot of Asians in the Northcote / Birkenhead / Glenfield area ,but being at the beach is not high on their agenda .
    However on the weekend there are a lot of Islanders coming over for the beaches . Funny thing is I haven't seen it in the local rag , but then again not suprising as it would not be the "correct " thing to publish .

MSL
    Surely that article is a pisstake

How dare McCarty put some hobos blanket in a rubbish bin

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Samoans?
    Tongans perhaps??

Pet dog cooked, eaten - National - NZ Herald News
    kiwijames likes this.

Worked on a few outer islands in the Tonga group and the camp dog would dissapear if it looked like it had put some wieght on.

Fallow
    Pointer, Munsey and JoshC like this.

This type of reporting pisses me off. The public is going nuts over it, while most hunters in the country are shaking their heads at our 'fellow' kiwis stupidity. That ain't no dog.
    Munsey and Spudattack like this.