Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

Doomsday Preppers

Saw it advertised on TV - so DL the 1st season.

Only watched 1st episode, some is a little over the top, but in all its pretty interesting

*Will swap ammo for food and water*

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Yeh Spanners I saw it once and thought it typical over the top Yankee carry on and then I thought about what I have up in the attic and realized that in tlhe event of a disaster or the collapse of society my place would be a good place to be (fresh spring water, animals in the paddock and all my bush camping and cooking gear). Not to mention enough ammo to hold of a small army. So on reflection I realized I was a prepped without being conscious of it.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Is this on Sky? I think it's good to have a back up, but not go over the top.
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

I like it, sure you have to wade through quite a bit of paranoia and Americentricisim, but there are some good tips there, Pandemic so they say seems to be the most likely to occur, (Very likely) as opposed to Polar shift or the super volcano..............

I'm waiting on the zombie episode, which should be full of relevant info!!!!!
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Quote Originally Posted by Bulltahr View Post
    I'm waiting on the zombie episode, which should be full of relevant info!!!!!

I remember after the Christchurch Earthquakes, my brother and I seemed to be the only people around that we prepared. I was interview by CBC radio about digging a toilet in my back yard
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post

I remember after the Christchurch Earthquakes, my brother and I seemed to be the only people around that we prepared. I was interview by CBC radio about digging a toilet in my back yard
    Yes, Christchuch certainly taught a couple of us here at work a thing or two about preparation for emergency response. September we had less than 2 hours warning and we were on a helicopter from New Plymouth on our way to Christchurch. It was myself and another guy who also hunts a bit that were best prepared for our week long "two day" excursion. February, we had learnt a few things from September - sanitation, food, water, cash, satelite phone... It was only after February that what we learnt got written down as procedure.

Good stuff Gillie! What sort of help did you provide?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Engineering assistance and assessment in getting one of our clients wharf equipment, cross country pipeline and distribution facility back up and running.
    Playing round under the wharf in Lyttelton when we had a big aftershock come through scared the crap out of us. Our little punt couldn't get us out from under there fast enough! Walking the pipeline over the Port Hills with all the rocks/boulders that had come down was also "interesting"

I was on the Lyttelton Wharf when the 1st one hit

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I was on the Lyttelton Wharf when the 1st one hit
    How was the trade?
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    How was the trade?
    Y.a.C

Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Engineering assistance and assessment in getting one of our clients wharf equipment, cross country pipeline and distribution facility back up and running.
    Playing round under the wharf in Lyttelton when we had a big aftershock come through scared the crap out of us. Our little punt couldn't get us out from under there fast enough! Walking the pipeline over the Port Hills with all the rocks/boulders that had come down was also "interesting"
    I used to run the pipeline every day before I joined the army

Anyone know how I might be able to upload an MP3 so you guy could laugh at my Caniwi accent (even the interviewer chuckles at me!)?? the other Canadians here might recognise the radio host, Tony Doucette.

Mentioned in 1 of the episodes that Honey doesnt go bad - learn something every day