Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Dream car

Dream car

I dream about this beauty
    Name:  1972_Cadillac_Fleetwood_75_-_Flickr_-_denizen24_(2).jpg
Views: 560
Size:  356.1 KB
    A330driver and norsk like this.

You’ve gotta be sick? Hahaha
    Pointer, Savage1, Beaker and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

GWH
    You and I have very different dreams ��
    Pointer, Dr. Watson, Ryan and 3 others like this.

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
    Attachment 80236
    Shit that's ugly - what is it?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Shit that's ugly - what is it?
    A good reason to own a petrol station??????

The owner has a Big boot, a Big fuel tank, a Big turning circle, and a Big garage, and it makes his Big wallet smaller fast.....

I must admit, it does look to be a nice set of wheels, but simply not to my taste. It has two too many wheels to be truly desirable at our place.

THAT is a mobster car, if I ever saw one. First step towards taking over your local racketeering franchise. Are you looking at me?
    sometimes and outlander like this.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

The Hedgehog Preservation Society

I dream to fix my Corvette Stingray. I heard some noise in engine. I appealed to Evoke Bodyworks service and prepared to the worst scenario. But the problem was not so serious. The issue was only with wheels balance
    Name:  16090_5876684f57_low_res.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  80.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
    Attachment 80236
    looks like something the addams family would like
    outlander likes this.

Ejected
    Cadillac 75? Yuk.

Ferrari 250gto or more realistically would love a 75 Pontiac Gto
    Dr. Watson likes this.

I'll cheat - I have two. I lived not too far away from the BMW SA plant at Rosslyn, West of Pretoria:

E30 BMW 333i

The E30 M3. BMWís most iconic sports car. Thereís not much I can say about it that you donít already know, but Iím going to anyway. The E30 M3 was built as a production car for homologation purposes so BMW could go racing with it. Basically, BMW put a high-revving gem of a four-cylinder into its smallest saloon car, lightened it up, gave it some cool aero bits and went racing. But the E30 M3 was only produced for certain markets, as it wasnít originally meant to be a high-volume production car. So even though it became a massive success and was considered at the time to be one of the best driving cars in the world, many markets didnít have the opportunity to try it out. South Africa was one of those markets. So BMW built them something else.

Welcome the BMW 333i, or Triple Three. Basically, the 333i was a standard E30 325i with a 3,210 cc (3.2 liter) engine, from 733i, 533i and 633CSi, stuffed under its hood. The car was built with some help from Alpina, in Buchloe, Germany, so naturally it had some extra performance tweaks as well. A close-ratio five-speed manual gearbox, limited-slip differential and Alpina dual ventilated front disc brakes were also fitted.

They also came with 16Ē Alpina wheels wearing 195/50/R16 Pirellis. ABS was an optional extra. Another interesting option was the air conditioning, which would eliminate the power steering option when had, as the massive engine wouldnít allow the space for both systems. So you either sweat from the South African heat but had easy steering, or worked hard at the steering wheel and stayed nice and cool.

1986 BMW 333i road test 6 750x563
    @Drive-My.com

That big I6 engine gave the 333i 194 hp and 210 lb-ft of torque. Thatís not bad considering the era and size of the car. Performance figures werenít too shabby for the era, being able to hit 60mph in 7.4 seconds and do the standing kilometer in 27.7 seconds. It wasnít the performer that the E30 M3 was, but it was the closest thing anyone could get in South Africa at the time and was a big upgrade from the 325i.

1986-BMW-333i-road-test-4

The BMW 333i is still a rare thing, though, even in South Africa. Only 210 were built with 204 being sold to the public. These are miniscule numbers, so the event of seeing an E30 333i in South Africa is almost as rare as seeing an E30 M3. That rarity almost makes the 333i more desirable to some enthusiasts, as E30 M3ís are so universally well known. But driving around in a 333i shows the world that you have a true gem, something with genuinely special performance capabilities as well as extreme rarity. The BMW E30 333i may not be as good of a car as the E30 M3, but itís definitely just as special.

E34 BMW M5

BMW SA had built the E36 M3 and E28 M5 and now, the last of the domestically produced M series - the E34 M5. My dad at the time, was a journalist for a well-known newspaper and we were able to attend the launch which was hosted at Kyalami race track, which, although wasn't host to F1 GP at the time, was a few years later (1992 and 1993 being the last hosted by South Africa).

I recall loving the smell of the interior and then looking at the instrument panel and seeing it marked to 280km/h! For a 9-10 year old, that was an insane figure. Especially to someone who regarded the maximum indicated speed as the maximum indicated speed. Ever since then and having driven (vigorously) but yet to own, that marque - and those two examples are my "dream cars".
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

- Manservant

Something jakked up with the edit function - correction to max indicated speed represented max achievable speed.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

- Manservant

Almost anything with a big block Chevy and a 8/71 blower.

If I had buckets of money

More realistically c33 laurel.

id love one of these
    Name:  lawlis.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  1.17 MB

but had to settle for this
    Name:  da xa coupe.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  697.8 KB
    GWH, GMH72 and Fawls like this.
    Dam right im Pro Guns, Look at History

Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

Name:  porsche-gt3-rs-rt-026.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  72.7 KB
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....