Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Drink drive

NRT

Drink drive

Can you lose your firearms license because of drink driving heard this week yeah that happens

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

I could imagine it.

Neither cars or firearms mix well with alcohol.

As we all know, cars are more dangerous than guns, so someone prepared to drink and drive is likely someone who is even happier to drink and shoot.

Again, there will be different circumstances, like someone just over the limit or 2-4x the limit. The latter is likely an alcoholic who is regularly pickled, in that case a FAL is likely not in the interest of the wider community nor the person him/herself unless things get addressed.
    Last edited by Cordite; 25-05-2019 at 03:49 AM.
    timattalon, 40mm and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Can you lose your firearms license because of drink driving heard this week yeah that happens

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk
    Not on your first offense but if you get more done more than once then yes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Absolutely - may not be first offense - but yes - unrelated matters can affect your driving license.

I have an official letter threatening a possible review on my ability to be a fit and proper person - this being due to the excessive number of speeding tickets over a 30 year period.

The arms officer in verbal discussions said - I had a clear disregard for the law - hence them looking at the position - had the desired affect of slowing me up quite considerably (or - make sure I not caught).

Quote Originally Posted by Doghead View Post
    I have an official letter threatening a possible review on my ability to be a fit and proper person - this being due to the excessive number of speeding tickets over a 30 year period.

The arms officer in verbal discussions said - I had a clear disregard for the law - hence them looking at the position - had the desired affect of slowing me up quite considerably (or - make sure I not caught).
    Crap, looks like they will be questioning my ability to be a fit and proper person then. I would hate to think how many speeding tickets Ive had over the last 30 years.

Ive had 2 already this year. Well someone has to pay the commissioner for his annual holiday abroad after all.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Crap, looks like they will be questioning my ability to be a fit and proper person then. I would hate to think how many speeding tickets Ive had over the last 30 years.

Ive had 2 already this year. Well someone has to pay the commissioner for his annual holiday abroad after all.
    I've had two in almost 40 years of driving. One of those was a bit contentious too. Speed reduction speed only on one side of the road and there was a house bus parked right in front of the sign. Speed camera parked about 50m past the sign.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Good excuses to nail you? Speeding, haha better tell my mate, he still doesn’t believe in speed restrictions and he’s older than me!!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

FAL aside this pretty much sums it up
    Name:  Untitled(1).png
Views: 290
Size:  81.1 KB
    There is no excuse and no justification for the damage done by drunk drivers
    Tahr, ebf, stingray and 2 others like this.

Nope and when they legalize weed it will get worse
    mikee, BRADS, Beaker and 9 others like this.

fit and proper.....sums it up does it not??? try GETTING a firearms licence with a DIC conviction...yeah nah not a happening thing.
    Tahr, Cordite and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    fit and proper.....sums it up does it not??? try GETTING a firearms licence with a DIC conviction...yeah nah not a happening thing.
    Not sure, think of the gang members with FALs.

soooo...someone had to be thier referee....someone else had to tick off the boxs.

God dam ya all don't need a drivers licence to get a gun licence, all ya need is some cunt to say yeah nah he a good cunt and bingo ya got a licence to own a rifle
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    God dam ya all don't need a drivers licence to get a gun licence, all ya need is some cunt to say yeah nah he a good cunt and bingo ya got a licence to own a rifle
    Its not about getting the license or not. You can have a firearms license without a drivers license no problem. The issue is around respect for rules / law and the attitude of a fit and proper person. If you think the law is an ass and disregard the rules around drinking and driving or any significant laws for that matter, then this could show a lack of respect for the law which could also disqualify you from being fit and proper.

It is not just the DL you have to worry about. Any proof that shows a lack of forethought, propensity for stupidity or recklessness or an attitude that shows a disregard for law, any of these could show the person is not fit and proper for a FAL.

But this only applies to law abiding citizens.....If you come into this country with an intent to commit mass murder, no referees, and finance for chaos, then they will probably be quite happy to just let you get what you want...
    sightpicture and dannyb like this.

Just be an All Black, and no problems. Even if the cops take it off you, the judge will give it back, even on a second offence where someone actually gets shot whilst everyone is absolutely trolleyed.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt