Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Employer problems.

Employer problems.

My wifes employer constantly cocks up her pay causing us no end of problems.
    Her employer is a multinational company and her pay is relativly small but we rely on it.
    How can we get them to sort their bloody shit out...I am getting close to going and seeing her boss myself at his home etc and that will be bad for all concerned.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Have you talked to their payroll office?

Get to the top man (Auck?) and tell him your prob. Whats his name I might know him? hahahaha
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

im in a payroll type positition... (sorta) ... what kind of issues , amount? tax? kiwi saver contributions? ....
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

My wife is a contractor for a govt dept and we are in same boat, just about every month we have to chase it up very frustrating. Sorry VC I have no answers,but from a corporate background the best you can do is not go visiting as hard as that may be, also it may not be the bosses fault. If the error is consistent and the same person then get wife to ask that it sorted or she will take appropriate steps to get it sorted, going straight to the top without giving the responsible party the chance to sort will only cause issues unfortunately.

If she works STD hours on STD rate it should be a no brainer but somewhere it is falling over. Gd luck

Hamish

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

remember most big places use a form of payroll software , if its the same error then its easyish to fix , but if its an hours thing , where it doesn't quite fit in the pre-determined boxes the software has it can be a problem , ... casual employees can cause issues due to not being on a set amount ... im sure as shit not defending the payroll in any way , but as hntmad said unless its the boss actually doing the payroll , its not helpful to visit his/her house... there will be a payroll manager , your wife (not you) needs to raise the issue , and if its already been raised , needs to keep on at them .
    best of luck ,
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Would continual cocking up of ones pay be grounds for a personal grievance ..... specially if there is not enough pay . I have heard of instances where if the pay cock up results in bank charges for an auto payment reversal , or going into unarranged overdraught the employer has to reimburse the fees..............maybe if the cock ups started hurting the employer in the pocket they might fix it . Some big ( and small ) companies simply don't give a fuck till it starts inconveniencing them.
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

A couple of years ago I was on the exact same amount every week (wages, but same hours week in week out), but my boss insisted on doing a manual bank transfer every Tuesday afternoon. Of course he'd bloody well forget every other week (and sometimes forget again the following day having been reminded) and it'd fuck with my automatic bill payments, auto transfers into my savings etc etc. Used to drive me and the other guy I worked with absolutely nuts, because he could have just sent up an automatic payment and didn't, because when it came down to it, he just didn't really give a rat's arse if we got the runaround or not.

I have PERFECT attendance at work. I've had two sick days in 6 years, both when I rooted my ankle and actually couldn't stand up. I take sweet fuck all time off ( I'm owed like 16 weeks at the moment, which is actually making me a bit nervous)

I basically told him that it must be pretty sweet for him to not have to worry if I was coming into work or not everyday, but I wasn't getting the same courtesy if I couldn't be sure if I was going to get paid and hit with unnecessary fees etc. So if he fucked my pay up again, I wasn't coming to work (and I would do him for constructive dismissal, but didn't say that - that was going to be a little extra surprise if it came to it). Sometimes you do have to shirtfront people or go to the top when asking nicely doesn't get you anywhere. Also, get EVERYTHING in writing, save all the emails etc

Not grounds for a PG unfortunately.
    Otherwise the MOE would have been be up sh*t creek with Novapay.
    Welcome to Sako club.

ebf
    Document the history of the issue to show a pattern. Keep a paper trail, make official complaints, and if it is not resolved, escalate it to the next person up the chain.

If she has performance appraisals, make sure it is noted as an item on the appraisal.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby
    Black rifles matter...

Yea its a constant under payment.
    Last week she got payed I think 130 dollars when it should have been 3-400.
    It was spost to be sorted the next day... so long weekend with no spare cash to do anything then no correction all week.
    Today is payday for her this time she got payed 70 dollars instead of 600 odd.

They should be liable for our dishoner fees etc surely.

The only consistancy is that it is always less than it should be.

Fu*k that, I would be jumping up and down! especially being short paid at this time of year.
    The odd cock up every now and then happens but that sounds a bit over the top. I would try hitting them with any extra costs that you have incurred and then some.
    Maybe send them an email telling them how embarrassing it was buying Christmas presents and your eftpos card was declined so the kids had to miss out and there was no money for food etc,etc.
    Tommy likes this.

Yea I am pissed. She has walked off site and is joining a union.

R93
    Yup, sounds shit, especially since they have acknowledged a cock up and said they will rectify it.
    Don't get too wound up. Keep all correspondence as suggested and give them another chance.
    If they continue to bugger it up then go higher.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

SiB
    Everything in writing. Everything. No more verbal hey my pays wrong.

A useful approach is the "I'm feeling confused and concerned regarding the inconsistencies/errors in my weekly pay. I've listed them below. Can you please explain to me what the issue is here, and advise a when this situation will be resolved. Thanking you etc. And CC your Union if a member. If there's a local community law centre (free) then go and have a chat
    300winmag, R93, Munsey and 2 others like this.