Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: escaping auckland.....

escaping auckland.....

about 15 years ago I moved to pukekohe to get away from Auckland, only to have our town annexed by Rodney hide and len brown so they could steal my money to build a train set that has no use for me. I almost bought a tikka. they take our rates and nothing gets spent down here (or so it appears).... anyway have finally managed to convince the wife(real townie) its time to make a break for it. moving to the hauraki district (halfway between thames and paeroa , hopefully out of aucklands reach...
    do I have to change the beer I drink? is there a rifle range near ....so many important questions.......

Caretaker
    Just too close to the city, move to Hawkes Bay, get Kiwijames to make you real beer, sleep under the stars while hunting Sika, breath real air, live without regrets

jakewire, P38, kiwijames and 3 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Think the best range in the Waikato area is in Otorohanga. If there's no reason to be too close to Auckland take a road trip and scout out some nice places in the country.

Better be quick though, because every Aucklander seems to be moving to Hamilton, Tauranga, the Hawkesbay or Taranaki and the prices are going up and up.
    I come from a small town in the Waikato, and houses sell here in less than a week as Aucklanders have forgotten they aren't allowed past the Bombays.

You could always just do things properly and move to the mainland?
    7mmsaum, mikee, GravelBen and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Think the best range in the Waikato area is in Otorohanga. If there's no reason to be too close to Auckland take a road trip and scout out some nice places in the country.

Better be quick though, because every Aucklander seems to be moving to Hamilton, Tauranga, the Hawkesbay or Taranaki and the prices are going up and up.
    I come from a small town in the Waikato, and houses sell here in less than a week as Aucklanders have forgotten they aren't allowed past the Bombays.
    There is this solution to that problem. We relocate the Cook Strait. Creates many many jobs, and we welcome all you to New New Zealand..... Especially as it means you can drive as far south as you want.....

Its that or we get Trump and a few Mexicans to build a fence......

MB
    Please don't leave Auckland attached to the Northland!

With that solution I suggest you close all airports to international and inter island travel as well as ports. Line the northern coast with artillery to keep the refugees away.

Len Brown has done the same to us.
    We have a sea wall that he wants to leave to nature to destroy the only grassed play area we have just so he has more money for his train set

Edit: forgot to add never allow some idiot like Len Brown to rule your country or you will end up in the same shit predicament we are in
    Last edited by sako75; 06-03-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    Steve123 likes this.

MB
    Much better!

timattalon and Sideshow like this.

as much as I would have liked to get closer to the central NI the wife isn't quite ready to be that far away from family..... really don't get that I try to get as far away as I can but they keep following.....anyway already bought a place 7x bigger (really) on a piece of land 3x bigger for half what I sold my place for admittedly it needs some work to restore it to its former glory , built in 1916 (but I hope I'm still standing and of some use when I'm 100years old).... anyone been to the thames valley deerstalkers range ?....

Pretty sure theres a rang over at Thames

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    There is this solution to that problem. We relocate the Cook Strait. Creates many many jobs, and we welcome all you to New New Zealand..... Especially as it means you can drive as far south as you want.....

Its that or we get Trump and a few Mexicans to build a fence......
    There is some good to that plan but it leaves you all with Wellington, who without Auckland will want to make you ALL into another Supercity just like they wanted to do with Wellington. Better start packing my bags for the Waikato or BOP ... Anyone need a farm hand???

PS I don't think Len will be at the helm too much longer.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/7380...ot-stand-again

There is a rifle range just north of Paeroa. They also have shotgun shoots there as well. Bloody well laid out and very cheap to join and it is the Thames Valley deer stalkers

Everyone in Auckland is trying to exile Len Brown, but no body wants him or his cronnies...
    Steve123 likes this.

What a bunch of soft cocks.

As I was walking "The Round the Bays" this morning with a few friends we all thought there's no better place to live and that's from a Cantab who has lived in Auckland for more than 20 years. I wouldn't live anywhere else at the moment and as for Len Brown I admire the guy, only one reason.............. nailing some tight Asian arse to the boardroom table
    Beaker, timattalon and Steve123 like this.

are you at Hikutaia @scotty ?