Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fastway Couriers Nelson.

Fastway Couriers Nelson.

Purchased a rifle in Nelson, the seller approached Fastway to Courier to the North Island. Was told $75 anywhere in NZ from Nelson, standard charge. Have never paid more the $35 with Fastway Hamilton inter island. Anyone else struck this, any better Courier company's to deal with down there.

Sounds rather expensive, i use hunting and fishing which is around 40bucks
    tetawa likes this.

Have also but by the time I drive to the closest which is Taupo the Courier is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Purchased a rifle in Nelson, the seller approached Fastway to Courier to the North Island. Was told $75 anywhere in NZ from Nelson, standard charge. Have never paid more the $35 with Fastway Hamilton inter island. Anyone else struck this, any better Courier company's to deal with down there.
    Yea,they charge $75 two bags,cause we can,last rifle I sent north was a deep well pump $15 Post Haste.
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

I had a rifle shipped to me via FastWay 2 weeks back and it cost $30. Despite being signature required (and a rifle) the twits still left it leaning against the front door though.

Pretty sure rifle plus dies, projectiles etc. from Auckland to Nelson a few weeks ago was only $30 odd. $75 is shockin.

I sent one from Hamilton to Westport and it was $85 plus the bolt in a separate package with fastways. Was told at the time they were the only ones who carrier firearms. Got it back in one package via Post haste I think. Just ripped the wrapping off because I was so please to have it back.

I sent a shotgun from Wellingto to Dunedin and it was $45, they would only take it to depot apparently. I recieved a .22 and they left it on my doorstep once.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

One courier company insisted they do not ship firearms...They delivered this....

Not quite sure what they thought it was though, if they dont ship guns........Might have been a Harry Potter Broom I guess......

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    One courier company insisted they do not ship firearms...They delivered this....

Not quite sure what they thought it was though, if they dont ship guns........Might have been a Harry Potter Broom I guess......
    Nimbus 3000 in 300 win mag ??
    Tommy likes this.

ive sent 3 or 4 guns with fastway, never over $40

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    Nimbus 3000 in 300 win mag ??
    No. It was a Nimbus M44 7.62x54R.....So an older 2nd hand one rather than the latest and greatest....

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post

Wrapped like that would be to inviting for a courier driver to round off a few of those corners. Based on my experiences with couriers.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    ive sent 3 or 4 guns with fastway, never over $40
    Nelsons standard charge is 75 bucks

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

The thing is, if you send it with someone that "doesn't" carry firearms or you don't declare it, if you have an "issue" they won't pay out.

If courier XYZ will only send it in two packages, understand that doubles your chances of a "issue" & your insurance cover might just get you a replacement Tikka....might....

Obviously "issues" are few & far between but...that guy Murphy can be an arse..........

Fastways are one of the few that will happily carry Firearms, for the general public.

They "Red alert" it, so in theory it will never get left on a door step, if it is & they know it is a firearm.

No I don't work for Fastways, but I use them nearly everyday, sometimes several times a day & my "hassle" rate is pretty low considering.

Having said that I just opened the door for "Murphy".....