Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By rambo-6mmrem

Thread: Fixing old air compressor tools

Fixing old air compressor tools

Got a very old air powered staple gun here is atleast 40 years old belonged to my grandfather who used to reserfice pool and snooker tables with it he he says hes had it for 30 years and the falla he got it off was retiring from the table reserficeing job
    Ive had it for 2 years since granddad moved to a smaller house and gave me heaps of tools that he would no longer use ive had no use for it till yesterday when I needed to line the wood on my new veggie garden to stop treating leaching into the soil perfect tool for the job so I pulled it off out and plugged in the old air compressor that he also gave me that he had for running the staple gun and unfortunately it failed to fire staples... made all the right noises but nothing come out of the end granddad had a look today rekons the gun needs looking at

Anyone know anyone arround auckland that fixes this sort of thing id like to get it working if financially viable

If you were in chch, I'd say go to Airtool Solutions in Sydenham. A lot of industrial companies use air tools, there must be someone in Dorkland.

Send it to the NZ ingersol Rand agents in Hastings. Air Tools and Equipment. Gale or Robin 06-876-8935. If anyone can fix it, they can. Service and repair is done on site.

Go to Supercheap and get a new one, keep the old one for memories! Hourly rate will kill fixing it. IMHO
    Savage1 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

You could always try putting some light oil or CRC type thing in the air inlet and see if it frees up the piston that's inside it some people will say you've got to use proper air tool oil but I've been using atf in my stuff for over 20 years and still waiting for a major failure
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    You could always try putting some light oil or CRC type thing in the air inlet and see if it frees up the piston that's inside it some people will say you've got to use proper air tool oil but I've been using atf in my stuff for over 20 years and still waiting for a major failure
    That's exactly what I would do and if that didn't work then bin it and procede to post #4. Unless you are a full time professional the SCA etc ones are good as.

Hey Darryn is your old man home?

I will have a look in the shed and see if I have a stapler you can use and bring it up to you

@sako75 yep hes been round for a year now working back at st john in-fact hes on his way up now we were going to go for an after work fish with mitch but winds up this arvo according to forecast so change of plans

no worries about the gun mate I just went and picked up a cheap spring-loaded one and got the job done just would't mind fixing the air powered one
    sako75 likes this.