Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Following Christchurch, more than 100 people are being monitored by police

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar

Following Christchurch, more than 100 people are being monitored by police

Sigh...................It seems that Constable Plod's attitude and responsibility for security has as many holes in it as a partly consumed block of Swiss Emmental cheese.

A list of more than 100 people -............HEALTH WARNING for those with a "Cinder's allergy" the link contains a "Cinder's image and promotional video."

https://tinyurl.com/y2f9wkmd

including white supremacists, Muslim converts and people left disgruntled by the Christchurch terror attack being actively monitored by police has "fallen" into the hands of the media.

Surprisingly for the media, they do not publish any names , however the important name constantly to the fore is "Constable Plod" who not only looses our confiscated rifles, but is now loosing lists of members of the pubic he considers a danger.

Whatever next will Plod loose, or has he already lost that..............but we will just have to wait for the media to tell us about it?
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 29-04-2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: include health warning
    keneff likes this.
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.

Can't be "top secret" as the article claims, if the MSM have a copy of it.
    300CALMAN and Steve123 like this.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

So what? I would expect the Police to have a list. I wouldn't be surprised if the odd person that posts on here is on it.

The fact that it was leaked is concerning - but that happens in the tightest of security situations all over the world.

I bet its still 111 you will dial when the shit hits the fan in your world.
    Wildman, EeeBees, Smiddy and 4 others like this.

dosent surprise me either could even be members on here putting names forward
    outlander likes this.

the big question is what gets you on the "list" ?
    i regard hate speech as something to provoke people to violence and/or civil disobedience beyond peaceful protest.
    but is it hate speech to say things like:
    "maori are over represented in prison populations"
    "chinese nationals are predominant in P and precursor drug imports"
    "jacinda only got in because of winnie the pooh"

i regard those as facts, i wont apologise to my maori and chinese mates for it either but there are those that would argue that what i just said is hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    So what? I would expect the Police to have a list. I wouldn't be surprised if the odd person that posts on here is on it.

The fact that it was leaked is concerning - but that happens in the tightest of security situations all over the world.

My Taiwanese mate in the wee rural town I used to live in dialled 111 and got re-routed all the way to Auckland (from the Central South Island). The Auckland police station said "what are we supposed to do?". This is while he huddled with his wife and two kids in their small house at the back of their dairy, while people ransacked the shop. This was the second time it happened and the culprits had begun taking their time, knowing full well no cops were coming.

I gave him my phone number and we agreed I would sneak round the back and join them with my dogs if it happened again as I was only a few hundred meters away.

What is the point of dialing 111 if you don't live in a city?
    Tommy likes this.
    The last Boy Scout

You are always going to be your own first responder.
    Tahr, mikee, timattalon and 5 others like this.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    My Taiwanese mate in the wee rural town I used to live in dialled 111 and got re-routed all the way to Auckland (from the Central South Island). The Auckland police station said "what are we supposed to do?". This is while he huddled with his wife and two kids in their small house at the back of their dairy, while people ransacked the shop. This was the second time it happened and the culprits had begun taking their time, knowing full well no cops were coming.

I gave him my phone number and we agreed I would sneak round the back and join them with my dogs if it happened again as I was only a few hundred meters away.

What is the point of dialing 111 if you don't live in a city?
    111 is simply a heuristic for "call the Police". It doesn't mean don't use your common sense.

The many rural communities I have lived in were tight and well prepared.

There are exceptions to everything, that's why we need to be adaptive.
    Boaraxa likes this.

Tractor parked across the road bucket down no keys is better than road spikes
    Maca49 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    You are always going to be your own first responder.
    Yea, nah.

Isn't that the whole point of the Police telling us we aren't allowed to defend ourselves?

The thing is, when confronted with a stressful emotive encounter, none of us could realistically stand there calmly and say "sure, help your self to all my hard work, and, hey it'll be ok, the Police and courts will help us!"

So when you are put into that dangerous situation and go too far because no sane person could actually react to it within the laws justification of self defence in the split second you have to react, the Police / judge / prosecutor will tear you to shreds for going too far in that blink of an eye timeframe you have to save you or your loved ones life.

We are doomed either way, simple as that and the worst thing is, the victim usually gets nothing but grief whereas the real criminal goes to jail, if the courts get it right, for free board and breakfast, how's that fair?
    keneff, Deetleaves and outlander like this.

When a call to 111 wont get a police presence there in under an hour unless they come by helicopter, you and your neighbors are your own first responders
    GWH likes this.

The bit that scared me was this comment by Superintendent John Price

", it may be that the people are expressing views that we may think is not aligned with our way as New Zealanders," he said."

The number of New Zealanders who think these law changes are poorly written and are aimed at the very people who did not commit any crime would suggest that perhaps they do not know what NEW ZEALANDERS actually think.....I would politely suggest that these law changes and the way they were enacted are possibly "not aligned with our way as New Zealanders"
    Last edited by timattalon; 29-04-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post

Yep that's their job!!
    Tahr likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    The bit that scared me was this comment by Superintendent John Price

", it may be that the people are expressing views that we may think is not aligned with our way as New Zealanders," he said."
    What the hell does that mean?

To be frank, I'd argue the views expressed by police as of late are not aligned with our way as New Zealanders. The current blue think babble coming out of these people's mouths in the media & radio is vexing.
    keneff and Jewcati like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    including white supremacists, Muslim converts and people left disgruntled by the Christchurch terror attack being actively monitored by police has "fallen" into the hands of the media.
    How many thousand firearms owners does that include? Surprised such as list is only of 100+ names. Not plausible. This list of 100+ names must be either a deliberate leak of a select trimmed list for whatever political purpose (scaring LFAOs from being too loud in their complaints - FAL on the line, or just plain intimidation - we'll leak your name to the media), or it's just a fake news story.
    Last edited by Cordite; 29-04-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    gadgetman likes this.