Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwijames
  • 1 Post By Ryan

Thread: Formula 1 technology changes for this year

Caretaker

Formula 1 technology changes for this year

A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Awesome, the technology in F1 is phenomenal, I really miss watching i on sunday afternoons (SA was perfect for the Euro time zones, most races were around 3pm), I used to know anything and everything there was to know about it, sadly I don't keep up as I did.

Melbourne will be good tomorrow! I should do a trip over one year!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Sorry, find F1 quite boring these days and now get really excited about Motogp. A gripping series last season right to the end, not the same old processional result as in F1. Excellent live coverage available also.

The new F1 motors this year sound awful
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Awesome machines. Saw a bit on the new technology on Sky today

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    The V10s sounded the best
    gadgetman likes this.

When PT was 2 he could rattle off the formular 1 winners after each race. Michael Schumacker and Reubens Barrachello was a big mouthful of words for a two year old. Nice to hear Michael is improving a little but still doesn't sound good.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

A mate is at Melbourne and he reckons the V8's are considerably louder now than the F1's.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I can remember being in Nice (France) taking the train over to Monte Carlo and you could hear the F1's from miles away. Pretty sure they were running the V10's then. My now wife was crewing on a boat at the time that was in port during the race. They hosted the McLaren team that year. I almost got onboard. The boats were supposed to tie up stern to but this guy was special and got to tie up bow to, and the bow overhung pit lane so you had a birdseye view I understand of all the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Awesome, the technology in F1 is phenomenal, I really miss watching i on sunday afternoons (SA was perfect for the Euro time zones, most races were around 3pm), I used to know anything and everything there was to know about it, sadly I don't keep up as I did.

Melbourne will be good tomorrow! I should do a trip over one year!
    @Spudattack Ah yes - Sunday afternoons were good time if there was F1 on. I used to live in Kyalami - about 2 clicks north of the race track. I attended the second last SA'n GP in '92 with pit lane passes as my dad was a journalist at the time. Had (don't know what happened to it) a photograph of Michael Schumacher that I took from about 6 feet away when he was with Benetton Ford. Tried to get a picture of Ayrton Senna but he was eating breakfast and I got waved away.

After '93 there was no more SA GP but teams would come over for testing - a mate worked at a trackside bar called Fat Arnies which is wall-to-wall with F1 and general motor racing gear. They had a few brake discs that had been donated to them and I asked to look at one. He took it off the hanger making out as if it was really heavy. I was so surprised at how light it was, could almost wave it around like a fan!

At the time (2002), I think that they cost R50 000 each!

I tried to keep up watching once I moved to NZ but got tired of waking up at 0000 on Monday mornings.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    The V10s sounded the best
    Would have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    ...I almost got onboard.
    Damnit!
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

"I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

The 2013 FI sounded like a 777 high tailing it across the Indian Ocean
    Not many, if any, ears muff in the 2014 F1. Watching the race on the weekend, they sounded very lame

Even this turbo noise that they're touting is kinda muted - probably because of one of the recovery systems. F1 used to be so bad ass, now it's lame. I want to see 1400BHP BMW M12/13 engined insanity again.
    peril 787b likes this.