Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: This Forum is Driving me to drink

This Forum is Driving me to drink

I blame that asshole that shot up the two mosques in Christchurch, since then Iíve been coming home from work each evening and mixing a couple of Gin and Tonics, logging on to NZHS and keeping a breast of threads / comments. My Gin of choice at this point of time is Tanqueray and note that there is a forum member by that handle. Iím not a big drinker but by tomorrow night I will have finished the bottle that the cook got from duty free a couple days after the shootings. Sheís overseas at the moment so Iíve text her to pick up a couple of bottles on her return tomorrow.

There have been some brilliant posts and some darn right nasty ones which I would have thought Spanners would have thrown his tools out of his cot but he held off and commonsense prevailed.

I enjoy reading and digesting Tussocks comments but note he gets a bit of stick for some of his views etc but his post of the letter he wrote to his MP was bloody good. He puts a lot of thought into them.

Thereís quite a few others that talk sensible shit as well, there posts are consise and straight to the point, Rushy and Ryan have penned a few lately.

Anyway I have two roar trips coming up with Shift14 so can see some light at the end of the tunnel, being a couple of old pricks we take our time and generally nail a few for the freezer.

Warm barrels to everyone

300winmag
    dogmatix, 7mmsaum, sako75 and 13 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post

Anyway I have two roar trips coming up with Shift14 so can see some light at the end of the tunnel, being a couple of old pricks we take our time and generally nail a few for the freezer.

Warm barrels to everyone

300winmag
    onya good luck

I think many of us have mourned what has happened to our hobbie and sport! It’s a bit of a dark cloud we walk through, with the big ugh known pulling at us. Hopefully we will retain enough to continue on our way and rebuild what we had, both mentally, financially and physically! I cannot believe how it has affected some of my mates with what boarders on hate!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    I think many of us have mourned what has happened to our hobbie and sport! It’s a bit of a dark cloud we walk through, with the big ugh known pulling at us. Hopefully we will retain enough to continue on our way and rebuild what we had, both mentally, financially and physically! I cannot believe how it has affected some of my mates with what boarders on hate!
    i will persevere as long as possible to remain in the hobby what ever is left but I am no longer proud of my country, and its ruling coalition of losers. Country is fucked and the opposition are not better just more of the same lies. We are truly screwed and for the first time in my life I am pleased I have no kids to inherit this mess

Every one is equal but here in NZ some are more equal than others

Same here Maca, they are just a bunch of coniving tosspots, I listened to Mike Hosking interview Winston’s Peters this morning and Winston couldn’t answer a simple question around the Chinese and there influence in the South Pacific. A couple of years ago I did a job with the NZDF and USArmy and a a high ranking US Colonel told me they were worried about the Chinese influence in the Sth Pacific, I reckon this Colonel bloke was more than Army, more of a spook.
    It’s like these Pollies aren’t allowed to call a spade a spade ffs
    sako75, Maca49, chainsaw and 2 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Guys I too have been feeling mixed emotions at what has happened and is continuing to happen to all of us in the firearms community. I am proud of the life that I have lived and I am proud of the contribution I and many other members of this forum like me have made to New Zealand society but to find myself and the rest of us now being vilified by the media, society at large and most particularly, the actions of our government and but for one, the balance of parliament, has given me cause to consider what steps I am prepared to take to give voice to my anger and abject frustration. One of the things I am most proud of is having been a law abiding citizen and it is in that corner of my life that I am now considering change that will give visible voice to my frustration at being treated unfairly and deprived of my passion for pursuits involving firearms, all for the atrocious actions of a single individual. To that end I have given a great amount of thought lately to my personal involvement in peaceful civil disobedience, knowing full well and accepting totally that that will inevitably lead to prosecution and conviction. I will take time to consider this direction further but for the moment it is a line of thought that is causing much mental preoccupation. I would hasten to add that I am not advocating that you think similarly.
    veitnamcam, 300winmag, NRT and 7 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Guys I too have been feeling mixed emotions at what has happened and is continuing to happen to all of us in the firearms community. I am proud of the life that I have lived and I am proud of the contribution I and many other members of this forum like me have made to New Zealand society but to find myself and the rest of us now being vilified by the media, society at large and most particularly, the actions of our government and but for one, the balance of parliament, has given me cause to consider what steps I am prepared to take to give voice to my anger and abject frustration. One of the things I am most proud of is having been a law abiding citizen and it is in that corner of my life that I am now considering change that will give visible voice to my frustration at being treated unfairly and deprived of my passion for pursuits involving firearms, all for the atrocious actions of a single individual. To that end I have given a great amount of thought lately to my personal involvement in peaceful civil disobedience, knowing full well and accepting totally that that will inevitably lead to prosecution and conviction. I will take time to consider this direction further but for the moment it is a line of thought that is causing much mental preoccupation. I would hasten to add that I am not advocating that you think similarly.
    @Rushy you don't have to break the law you just don't have to help the law
    outlander likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Rushy you don't have to break the law you just don't have to help the law
    I am not considering breaking the law Mikee. I am simply considerinring not obeying it. I do appreciate the subtle difference is negligible in the eyes of the law.
    stingray likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

"When you sit down to negotiate to keep what you have, you've already lost".

That's us, folks. But, that don't mean we won't try.

I would like to wind those “Tosspots” up without breaking any laws.
    mikee, outlander and sightpicture like this.

Well it's all good for you @300winmag, at least you can have a drink!

I'm with @Rushy too. I'm shocked at the treatment of some of this countries most trustworthy citizens. I'd consider leaving if I was not of such unsound body.
    EeeBees, mikee, Maca49 and 3 others like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

One should not oppose all laws, only the unjust ones. (Ghandi)

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Well it's all good for you @300winmag, at least you can have a drink!

I'm with @Rushy too. I'm shocked at the treatment of some of this countries most trustworthy citizens. I'd consider leaving if I was not of such unsound body.
    Well I would be off too if I were not considered and "alien" by my country of first choice

It's good to have a place to vent. I'm looking around wondering wtf I'm gonna do with myself. I upgraded my security last year as I was looking forward to getting more into the collecting side of semi autos. By the time they are done I'll have an empty 20 gun safe. I wonder if they can come and collect it and pay me back my $2k? Fuck knows. It feels like I've woken up in a different country.

They (tosspots inc') are a collective insult to all ex service men and women and their families and the freedoms and responsibility that we stand for. I will endevour to remind them of the fact at every opportunity. They will not enjoy it.