Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Freeview

Freeview

Looking at getting FreeviewPlus.

Putting our address into the Freeview website shows we are best with a satellite box so guessing we hook into the sky dish unless they come and take it away.

Is it as simple as “plug and play” or do we need extra bits and pieces?

Pretty sure it will be plug and play

Yea plug and play, they won't take the dish
    TIKKA 595 7mm08 for the deer 12 gauge for everything else!

Should be good to go. They can normally figure out the details of your LNB automatically.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

they don't normally take them away and unless the satellite is really old you'll be fine to plug and play. Some of the first satellites LNB's didn't work for Freeview but odds are slim it won't work.
    Plug it in and hit auto scan or whatever it is called on the box you get and it should do the rest.
    "speak softly, and carry a big stick."

damn! help flows in quickly

Damn right it is. Thanks guys. Now to find a deal

As an aside we are looking at Rural Broadband as it is only $10 more than we are paying for ultraslow broadband and home line.
    Probably stay with krapS (Spark)

@sako75 I just switched to Farmside's 4g from Trustpower's standard copper. went from 1Mbps to to this first world internet Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

$106 for national calling and 80GB data, is very good if you are within their 4g coverage. So far they have been good to deal with too.

Yep if you can get sky you can get freeview. I think they are on the same satellite.

I'm seriously thinking about ditching sky. Most of the stuff we watch can be seen on freeview, except the rugby. Any suggestions on how to get the rugby cheaper than sky?

Bugger freeview go for an igloo box if you have a UHF aerial on your house you will be set to go, you pay $20 a month and get access to discovery etc and at the end of the billing cycle if you do not set it to auto renew it will revert you to the free to air channels and you still get access to pay perview stuff like your boxing etc
    sako75 likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
    @sako75 I just switched to Farmside's 4g from Trustpower's standard copper. went from 1Mbps to to this first world internet Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

$106 for national calling and 80GB data, is very good if you are within their 4g coverage. So far they have been good to deal with too.
    Same charges as Spark and Vodafone where I am. Spark is a 1 year contract and Vodafone 2 years.

Just did a speed test

Name:  speed test.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  76.7 KB

Here is the speed of my connection
    sako75 and gadgetman like this.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

@hunter308 where you been hiding lately? The Matrix?

@sako75 Been flat out at the Waikato expressway in Huntly as I now work for Fulton Hogan and also spending quality time with my son @hunter270 now that he is living with me full time now. Had no time to get out for a hunt and still have not replaced the buggered scope on the 270 as I have prioritised other things I needed to replace first and been sent to run an articulated dump truck at poplar lane quarry as of monday hauling overburden from the top of the hill for a few weeks while it is too wet to work in Huntly to keep the hours up, bills paid and family fed. Will be staying at an old mates place in Te Puke while over there. How have you been keeping
    puku, sako75 and Maca49 like this.