Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

garmin 62s question

hi thought id ask here as im pretty well fukd as far as computer shit goes unless its pretty basic is it possible to get the map thats on the 62s with the spots ive marked on it onto my computer so i can look at it on a bigger screen cheers

If you already have a map program on your computer, such as memory map, then it is possible to import the GPS waypoints. There are probably other ways but I am not sure of them.

Yes, entirely possible. Multiple ways of doing it. Do have Garmin Mapsource or Basecamp installed on your computer? Other ways to do it if you don't.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    hi thought id ask here as im pretty well fukd as far as computer shit goes unless its pretty basic is it possible to get the map thats on the 62s with the spots ive marked on it onto my computer so i can look at it on a bigger screen cheers
    you can view it on google earth. when you interface it. open google earth go to tools select gps tick the boxes you want click import and your done. i find it handy for casing out clearings.

ok thanks ill try it i dont know if my computer has any map programs in it all ive done so far is hook the gps and computer together with a cord kind of found it in my computer and stared at it blankly wondering wtf do you do now

i tried the google earth thing but it says no loaded data

after a bit of stuffing around ive got tracks but no waypoints

When you save tracks and/or waypoints on your Garmin, they are stored in 'gpx' files. When you connect your GPS to your computer, your GPS should appear in 'My Computer' as a new USB drive (or two separate USB drives if your GPS has a microSD card as well as built in storage).

Inside each of those drives, you should find a 'Garmin\GPX' folder. In that folder you should see a bunch of those GPX files. Those are what contain your tracks and waypoints. They are usually named with the date and time that they were created, so that should help narrow down which GPX file relates to any given trip/hunt. A bit of trial and error may be required to find the correct file.

Open the GPX file(s) in Google Earth to view.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys the other way I tried doing it was put the coordinates in the search box but it didn't recognise them more stuffing around I'll get there eventually

ok computer dumb fuk retard back again after a lot of stuffing around i didnt get that far ive managed to somehow convert the gps co ordinates to something that resembles the numbers that google earth uses the two things im stuck on is wheres the little degrees circle on the key board im sure its not on here and second where do you enter the co ordinates in google earth the normal search box doesnt recognise it