Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Getting older

Getting older

I have noticed a few of you guys seem to be pulling out the i'm old card a bit lately.
    @Maca49 and @Rushy it will be ok.

I have found some info to encourage you to keep positive

Quick Final Fact: Getting Older Will Actually Make You Happier
    As we get older, particularly past middle age, we tend to naturally grow happier. There's still some debate over why this happens, but scientists have a few ideas:
    Researchers, including the authors, have found that older people shown pictures of faces or situations tend to focus on and remember the happier ones more and the negative ones less.
    Other studies have discovered that as people age, they seek out situations that will lift their moods--for instance, pruning social circles of friends or acquaintances who might bring them down. Still other work finds that older adults learn to let go of loss and disappointment over unachieved goals, and focus their goals on greater well being.
    So if you thought getting old will make you miserable, it's likely you'll develop a more positive outlook than you probably have now.

How cool is that?

PS: this is void if you are a grumpy old fart!!!

Im so Happy I could shit, nearly all the time! Being a Grumpy old man is brought about by having to deal with all the young wankers in the world for such a long time! It wears ya.
    Being Happy in your later years I think is to do with less worries, especially if you have launched you kids successfully into the world, have a few comforts around you and most importantly still being loved by someone who takes care of you.
    An old guy showed me a reality check the other day, get a dressmakers tape measure lay it straight on the table and find your aged in millimeters on it.
    Look at the millimeters that have passed and estimate the age your gonna kark!
    The amount you have left will get you out hunting, TOMORROW!!
    Only bastard of growing older for me is lung capacity, makes it hard to run or climb hills! Im lucky everything else works well at this stage
    Gibo and eve like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Cheers Gibo, not as old as the two above but getting there.....smiling as i type this!!!!!!!!!!......'onwards and upwards'......
    Gibo likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I have noticed a few of you guys seem to be pulling out the i'm old card a bit lately.
    @Maca49 and @Rushy it will be ok.

I have found some info to encourage you to keep positive

Quick Final Fact: Getting Older Will Actually Make You Happier
    As we get older, particularly past middle age, we tend to naturally grow happier. There's still some debate over why this happens, but scientists have a few ideas:
    Researchers, including the authors, have found that older people shown pictures of faces or situations tend to focus on and remember the happier ones more and the negative ones less.
    Other studies have discovered that as people age, they seek out situations that will lift their moods--for instance, pruning social circles of friends or acquaintances who might bring them down. Still other work finds that older adults learn to let go of loss and disappointment over unachieved goals, and focus their goals on greater well being.
    So if you thought getting old will make you miserable, it's likely you'll develop a more positive outlook than you probably have now.

How cool is that?

PS: this is void if you are a grumpy old fart!!!
    Gibo you need to learn, when your old and grumpy theres nothing like an old fart, theyll all be fresh,smelly and if you unlucky, in your pants!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I am ignoring this thread as in my head I am still 22
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Good shit maca.

I really like the bit about pruning social circles.....I think the sooner people start to do this the happier they will be. Surround yourself with the people you enjoy (family not so easy )
    Pengy likes this.

Good shit maca.

I really like the bit about pruning social circles.....I think the sooner people start to do this the happier they will be. Surround yourself with the people you enjoy (family not so easy )
    Family is easy for me. i stopped ringing the ones i dont like text the ones i love. and keep moving further away with every new farm job. Stress will fuck you over quickly if you can let go of all the bullshit that comes from others you will be fine. most older fellas are just over it and will give you a straight answer and put you in your place rather then piss around and say nothing because they know tomorrow might not come.

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    Family is easy for me. i stopped ringing the ones i dont like text the ones i love. and keep moving further away with every new farm job. Stress will fuck you over quickly if you can let go of all the bullshit that comes from others you will be fine. most older fellas are just over it and will give you a straight answer and put you in your place rather then piss around and say nothing because they know tomorrow might not come.
    Theyre called Spook
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Good shit maca.

Chopped
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    And I know which head that is, only problem is its acts like a 52yr old head, which is a downer!!
    Pengy likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    I like your thinking Pengy. I've been '21 and a bit' for longer than I can remember; that could have been last week mind.
    Pengy and Maca49 like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

You do not need to be old to do that!!! Twatty researchers...hullo!!!
    gadgetman likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    So you used to live about 2km from me..... moved to about an hours drive and now live about 2 and a half hours away and I haven hear from you in ages!!! Now I see it........ You are hiding from Gibo!
    mucko, Pengy, Happy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoshotkill View Post
    So you used to live about 2km from me..... moved to about an hours drive and now live about 2 and a half hours away and I haven hear from you in ages!!! Now I see it........ You are hiding from Gibo!
    Axed
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Im In denial!!
    mucko likes this.