Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gin Traps - Lanes Ace Traps - the old Rabbit Trap from Aussie

Gin Traps - Lanes Ace Traps - the old Rabbit Trap from Aussie

Guys
    What is the legal status of these TODAY
    I know you cannot sell them but are they ilegal to use now ??

Just had a run in with neighbour over his son removing them from MY property without my permission and now he using this (illegal to use) as his reason for doing so - even given fact he was trespassing

There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Yes - I had just googled and read that exact site
    But - it’s a little Grey to me - as in - saying illegal to use within 150m of reserves public areas etc
    But are they fully 100% illegal on own property??

MSL
    They may be illegal to use but not illegal to own so he cannot take them from you.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Yes - I had just googled and read that exact site
    But - it’s a little Grey to me - as in - saying illegal to use within 150m of reserves public areas etc
    But are they fully 100% illegal on own property??
    They are illegal to use unless you have applied for and been given an exemption.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

But are the illegal to own ?
    They could be part of a private collection.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    They are illegal to use unless you have applied for and been given an exemption.
    Yes - I read that too - so does that mean 100% correct on one's "OWN" land ??
    Perhaps I am reading what I want to see - need indipendent opinion (correct opinion) to clear my head.

Bit of story behind all this
    Traps were on boards against Pine tress - NOT set and left ready to reset when I do my Pig Trapping for bait etc
    Neighbours little renegade Son - who has a history aroung many of us here of creating havoc with shooting holes in caravans/smashing window/pig hunting with dogs without permission etc etc is the one that took said Traps and told his father there were Native Birds in them - total BS !!!
    Traps been unset for 3-4 weeks - and I fully know this 1000%

So father is trying to defend the little R-sole with this "legal BS/PC carry on.
    If they are ilegal to use - I will remove them nd replace with traps I just got off one of out felow members (Vic #1 etc)

I am a stickler at checking (most times at daylight) and this BS pisses me off big-time - but what can you do today in this pedantic shallow little World we now live in !!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yes - I read that too - so does that mean 100% correct on one's "OWN" land ??
    Perhaps I am reading what I want to see - need indipendent opinion (correct opinion) to clear my head.

Bit of story behind all this
    Traps were on boards against Pine tress - NOT set and left ready to reset when I do my Pig Trapping for bait etc
    Neighbours little renegade Son - who has a history aroung many of us here of creating havoc with shooting holes in caravans/smashing window/pig hunting with dogs without permission etc etc is the one that took said Traps and told his father there were Native Birds in them - total BS !!!
    Traps been unset for 3-4 weeks - and I fully know this 1000%

So father is trying to defend the little R-sole with this "legal BS/PC carry on.
    If they are ilegal to use - I will remove them nd replace with traps I just got off one of out felow members (Vic #1 etc)

I am a stickler at checking (most times at daylight) and this BS pisses me off big-time - but what can you do today in this pedantic shallow little World we now live in !!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
    But are the illegal to own ?
    They could be part of a private collection.
    No. But according to the legislation they are illegal to sell.

The use of Gin Traps has been a no go for quite some time as they were deemed to cause to many broken bones and stress to the animals. Traps are tested for humane action then and only then are they passed for use in the environment. As far as I know you can still own them but not use them so your neighbor is out of line there. As you said he was trespassing so you should be able to get them back.
    If replacing them the Victor Number 1 has been passed for pest control use and are a nice trap to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    The use of Gin Traps has been a no go for quite some time as they were deemed to cause to many broken bones and stress to the animals. Traps are tested for humane action then and only then are they passed for use in the environment. As far as I know you can still own them but not use them so your neighbor is out of line there. As you said he was trespassing so you should be able to get them back.
    If replacing them the Victor Number 1 has been passed for pest control use and are a nice trap to use.
    Moose - I hear you
    I have been using them - but - they we ALL unset (all 7-9 of them)
    Had a mix of them (my last from past) and the other F~~cking usless Victor copies
    If they are deemed to be NOW illegal to use - I will bite the bullet (albeit reluctantly) and get rid of them off track at least (prob not off line of sight for av turkey)

Your neighbours son sounds like a prime cocksmoker in any case. Trespass his arse.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Your neighbours son sounds like a prime cocksmoker in any case. Trespass his arse.
    Tommy - if you could only know ALL the shit that has gone down over this little r-sole
    He is now 22 years old - been a real problem since 12 years of age

I approached father this morning with Video evidence of his latest carry-ons and farther VERY apologetic etc etc
    Then said father comes back 6 hours later with this BS (maybe true re traps) about a Native Bird in one of them (total 1000% crap) and how the other ars-hole with son was a "wait 4it" a fucking Law degree student who knew that said traps were illegal etc etc
    Funny side to this is - son is an avid Pig dog hunter - and pray I not upset to many on here - but pig dog hunting sure isnít no picnic in the park for Piggies Ė its also a cruel killing of a PEST - but it is done more as a sport than trapping Possums to rid our fauna/flora etc and bird life etc

I ain't a happy chappy tonight with all the PR - BS - thats for real !!!!!
    Wish these wankers would stay in the Cities and leave us well alone
    veitnamcam, Tommy and berg243 like this.

Check that he is not acquiring them to protect his dope plot from possoms! Had problems in the past with traps beings stolen to be used for this .
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Check that he is not acquiring them to protect his dope plot from possoms! Had problems in the past with traps beings stolen to be used for this .
    No - I don't beleive so - he only here 2-3 times in a year. Thank God
    Father also said in past phone call he has trap he took to give back to me - supposibly left by tree tacken from
    Father not so clever to remember I have GPRS Cams that caught his son - that also did not record him walking back in to pick up trap were son supossibly said he left it.

Dumb city lickers !!!!

And they think we are the DUMB Forkers from Deliverance Movie