Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Glysophate Genetic disruption and Cancer.

JWB

Glysophate Genetic disruption and Cancer.

The EU has just extended a contract with Monsanto for five more years despite the history of problems caused by their pesticides. This decision was carried out against the will of the people .

It's a colossal corruption scandal, which the European Union prefers be hushed up. Probably, for corruption reasons as well.

On Monday, an EU ad hoc appeal committee voted to extend the license allowing farmers to use a fertilizer called glyphosate. The current license expires on December 15.

Glyphosate is a common defoliant to eliminate weeds. It's produced by the giant transnational corporation Monsanto. Monsanto has a bad reputation. It was this company that produced the military defoliant chemical Agent Orange, used by the Americans during the Vietnam War to find Vietcong guerrillas hiding in the jungle.

It was this company that produced the currently prohibited agricultural poison DDT. Some want glyphosate to be banned, too, since it is practically not excreted from the human body, but is accumulated, and, according to a timid assessment by the World Health Organization, is "a possible carcinogen," that is, causes cancer.

The forces of glyphosate's supporters and opponents, however, are not equal. In Europe alone, Monsanto spends about 1.5 billion euros a year on its lobbying projects. This is an open figure. Certainly, there is also a classified one.

In the US, the list of official lobbyists of the powerful company includes prominent senators and statespeople. Even Hillary Clinton doesn't hide that she is connected with Monsanto and promotes the corporation's interests.

Bill Gates invested tens of millions of dollars in Monsanto. He's notorious for his obsession with reducing the world's population. Take, for instance, his project to use ultrasound to stop the production of sperm in male testicles.

However, let's return to the vote in the European Commission to extend the license for glyphosate on the continent. According to the rules, a decision is passed if at least 16 EU countries with a total population of 65% of the entire EU population - the so-called demographic majority- votes for it.

Let's count. 18 countries voted "for". Here everything is okay. Bulgaria, Germany, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ireland, Spain, Hungary, Netherlands, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland, Sweden and the UK. Portugal abstained. But, according to the rules, abstainers are coupled with those who are "for".

So, the total population of these 19 countries is just slightly more than 65% of the total population of the European Union. To be more precise, it's 65.71%. Everything seems transparent. But there's one little thing. No demographic majority would have been achieved without Germany. Germany was represented by a man with a very honest face, the Minister of Agriculture, Christian Schmidt.

But until recently Germany has always been against glyphosate. And this is how Schmidt should vote. But Schmidt voted for glyphosate. Has Germany changed its stance at the last second? No. It's simply because Schmidt personally decided so.

Chancellor Merkel was quietly enraged by this. The vote was not in accordance with the instructions of the federal government, and such behavior on the part of Minister Schmidt does not comply with the norms.

“That's all, she scolded him. Now journalists in Berlin are talking about Schmidt's dismissal, but they are journalists. No one is really going to dismiss Schmidt.”

Resignation is impossible now, as all ministers are currently acting, and there is no new government coalition in Germany so far. A scandal has already broken out, and then there's some Schmidt on top of it. But this is how things are done in Europe.

OK, he did so, and Europe will be etched for another five years. OK, they hushed it up for clarity.

Christian Schmidt surprised everyone when he broke ranks with Angela Merkel and the federal government, saying "yes" to the license. His vote allowed it to clear the threshold of 65%.

He faces early retirement at home for his actions. The chancellor herself criticizes him publicly, but there is an interesting nuance. Last year, the German enterprise Bayer decided to buy Monsanto for $66 billion.

"Their goal is to control the world's entire food chain from the farmer's field to the consumer's table. Should this deal be approved by the EU, we'll get an industrial monster, they will control everything: seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, but also all medicines that will treat people, sick from these chemicals."

The journalist says that the US is experiencing a surge in intestinal diseases, autism, diabetes, and cancer. The molecules of glyphosate are the reason for it.

A similar situation exists in Argentina and Sri Lanka.

“In Denmark, pigs that ate soy with the weedkiller became infertile or they had miscarriages. Piglets were born with deformities. This piglet was born yesterday, with deformities. He has exencephaly. There's no upper part. There's no skull, the brain is exposed. Fortunately, he was born dead. With the increased level of glyphosate, there have been more piglets like this.”

Two French farmers filed a lawsuit against Monsanto. One of them has already won the trial. Both have cancer, caused by glyphosate fumes.

It's a rather minor trouble for a company whose profits last year amounted to $ 13.5 billion. A suspended license in the EU would be far more painful. However, Monsanto not only invests in paid research, but also lashes out on the lobby.

In Brussels alone, they spend about half a million euros per year on this. Despite the petition and the appeals of the European Parliament, 8 countries voted to allow glyphosate, one country abstained, only 9 voted against it, including France.

Macron promises to find alternatives to Roundup within 3 years, but, economically, the French farmers are not ready yet to give it up right away.

Henri Jasse, farmer:

"We mainly use this product after harvesting to cleanse the land. Sometimes before sowing, when we prepare the ground and burn the weeds. We spray it, and in 5-6 days we can sow.

It's cheap and quick, which is often the determining factor for farmers. Not everybody can afford another way of farming by alternating crops and growing bio.

"If you use a lot of Roundup and glyphosate, it'll affect the plants. It won't remain in the soil, but it will backfire on us through the food we eat. But people still keep using it. It's just practical. It's like McDonald's, we know that it's harmful, but we still go there.”

Founded more than a hundred years ago in the USA, Monsanto produced Agent Orange which Americans used in the Vietnam War to burn all the plants, which resulted in 3 million people affected by dioxin and crippled children. Monsanto developed DDT, dubbed chemical AIDS. It's genetically modified seeds that change the biochemistry of the body. They are still banned in the EU, but it is already possible to buy GMOs for animal feed. It is produced in North, South America, Asia, and Africa. There are Monsanto offices in 66 countries around the world.

A whole plant for the production of GMO seeds has been built in Pochuyki, Ukraine.

A Ukrainian farmer:

“It's not very good for me, soon I'll have to sell my house and flee. The youth voted for this plant to produce seeds and poisons, maybe they were bribed?”

Correspondent:

The Kiev government also plans to sell 10.5 million hectares of land to foreign companies, which is 1/9 of Europe's arable land. It is possible that a lion's share will go to Monsanto. It already chose 10 fields for genetic testing on plants. It's planning to seize control of the whole market. Ukraine ranks third in the world for the export of corn, and fifth for the export of wheat. The association agreement with the EU will allow it to eventually introduce these products to the European market.
    Link to the above story,Russian Evening News Exposes Monsanto's Evil Methods (Video)

Tldr
    TheJanitar likes this.

Please do yourself a favour and get your information from reputable sources.. sooo many of the claims in that 'article' don't pass even a basic fact-check.
    Savage1 and Beaker like this.

hahaha "allowing farmers to use a fertilizer called glyphosate" there is your problem right there.

That article definitely has me reaching for my tin foil hat.

There we are already wasted enough of my life on it.

Fake news right there.............

JWB
    A lecture from Dr. Thierry Vrain, former genetic engineer and soil biologist with Agriculture Canada. https://youtu.be/bN3LXjigjIg

Nope, total bollocks mate
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

As far as cancer goes i think you'll find the UN puts it in the same carcinogenic category as red meat!!!

Personally i wouldn't use it as a fertilizer tho haha!!

What a total load of BS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    A lecture from Dr. Thierry Vrain, former genetic engineer and soil biologist with Agriculture Canada. https://youtu.be/bN3LXjigjIg
    https://gmoanswers.com/ask/what-are-...ene-revolution
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

JWB
    Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    hahaha "allowing farmers to use a fertilizer called glyphosate" there is your problem right there.

That article definitely has me reaching for my tin foil hat.

There we are already wasted enough of my life on it.
    I'm pleased you found some enjoyment in the translation mistakes made in the English translation. There are more when you watch the video clip in the first link I posted if you enjoyed the transcript so much. I'm sure you're right, we shouldn't worry about the poisons in our food. Big business will do our thinking for us and will only act in our best interests. Worried scientists like Thierry Vrain are only shit-stirrers seeking attention and are not worth listening to so please don't bother opening that link and wasting some more of your life. Besides, you already know that none of it could possibly be true.

I did watch the video and that response pretty much covered what I got from it. Started out great with scientific backup, then completely veered off course with lots of contradictions and no scientific backup.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

The original poster is on my ignore list for a reason.
    Tommy likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I'm pleased you found some enjoyment in the translation mistakes made in the English translation. There are more when you watch the video clip in the first link I posted if you enjoyed the transcript so much. I'm sure you're right, we shouldn't worry about the poisons in our food. Big business will do our thinking for us and will only act in our best interests. Worried scientists like Thierry Vrain are only shit-stirrers seeking attention and are not worth listening to so please don't bother opening that link and wasting some more of your life. Besides, you already know that none of it could possibly be true.
    Sorry @JWB this stuff is actually my job. I don't want to offend but that's quite a translation error. DDT is still used in small quantities for malaria control because there is nothing better to replace it. So your choice is DDT or malaria (lets not beat Monsanto over that one). Ironically most of the DDT replacements like dieldrin and endosulfan turned out to be more toxic to people and still persistent (bugger). Now we use organophosphates etc which are F**** lethal. Back to glyphosate, it's good stuff. In fact I used to make it so I guess I will be dead soon. And what do you propose to replace it with? I guess paraquat is still around.
    Rich007, Beaker and Tommy like this.

Sorry @JWB this stuff is actually my job. I don't want to offend but that's quite a translation error. DDT is still used in small quantities for malaria control because there is nothing better to replace it. So your choice is DDT or malaria (lets not beat Monsanto over that one). Ironically most of the DDT replacements like dieldrin and endosulfan turned out to be more toxic to people and still persistent (bugger). Now we use organophosphates etc which are F**** lethal. Back to glyphosate, it's good stuff. In fact I used to make it so I guess I will be dead soon. And what do you propose to replace it with? I guess paraquat is still around.
    Every now and again some poor fucker where I used to live would use paraquat to treat their kids head lice..
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Paraquat is the business kills shit real dead real fast