Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Glysophate Genetic disruption and Cancer.

JWB
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    The original poster is on my ignore list for a reason.
    It's always amusing when the pondlife can't follow through with their original intent.
    Cordite likes this.

Glyphosate, I'll add that one now to the forums other most often misspelt words.
    Along with classics such as: reticle, Anschütz and Leupold.
    Just a friendly dig though, I've always found it amusing how often that word is pronounced incorrectly, especially by end users.
    Lucky it was cut and paste article, it might have detracted from its credibility otherwise.
    Blisters summed it up best..... TLDR

HAHA I just realised where the original "News" came from. Well "Comrade" keep fighting evil capitalism where you find it aye.
    Rich007 and Tommy like this.

I could well be missing something but that link seems to be responding to a different presentation from Vrain than the one JBW posted?
    Some people are like slinkys,basicly useless but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    I could well be missing something but that link seems to be responding to a different presentation from Vrain than the one JBW posted?
    Re his credibility

Meh. Everything is a carcinogen these days according to the scientists, can't even breathe without someone telling you that's bad for you
    gadgetman likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Meh. Everything is a carcinogen these days according to the scientists, can't even breathe without someone telling you that's bad for you
    Well you'd better stop breathing or you'll die.
    JoshC likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Whats the safest then? Breathing in or breathing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    If you're under water with a snorkel, experience tells me breathe out. Particularly when you get back to the surface before you breathe back in.
    Tahr likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

JWB
    You don't need to concern yourself over such a weighty problem. Breathing is one of the automatic body functions triggered by the percentage of CO2 in the bloodstream. If it were not an automatic function and required thought, then there would be dead bodies everywhere. Sixty odd years ago there would probably have been a 50% kill rate, but today after 50 years of H&S legislation fostered by lawyer filth which has seen the stupid breeding the insanely stupid, we could expect a 90%+ result.
    Woody likes this.

gadgetman and Sarvo like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Re his credibility
    Credibility is a fluid thing some times. A quick search on the Kevin Folta from your link throws up questions on his credability.

"However, documents show that Monsanto provided Dr. Folta with, in their words, “an unrestricted grant in the amount of $25,000 which may be used at your discretion in support of your research and outreach projects.”

Something refuting the actuall claims made involving glysophate would be far more useful than trying to determine an individuals credibility
    Some people are like slinkys,basicly useless but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs

Glyphosate.

Something refuting the actuall claims made involving glysophate would be far more useful than trying to determine an individuals credibility
    300CALMAN and Cordite like this.

You've given me some food for thought with that question, @Tahr. I have come up with a very cunning scheme.

Since we are not completely sure I've decided that @TimeRider and I should draw lots. The one that draws the short straw will do the breathing in for us both. The one with the long straw will do the breathing out. This should guarantee that one of us is around for this year's @Toby shoot.

After all that deep thinking my brain hurts so I think I'll lie down for a bit to let it's thinking muscles recover.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You've given me some food for thought with that question, @Tahr. I have come up with a very cunning scheme.

Since we are not completely sure I've decided that @TimeRider and I should draw lots. The one that draws the short straw will do the breathing in for us both. The one with the long straw will do the breathing out. This should guarantee that one of us is around for this year's @Toby shoot.

After all that deep thinking my brain hurts so I think I'll lie down for a bit to let it's thinking muscles recover.
    I sometimes use the whats best "breathing in or breathing out" with clients who are having polarising conversations The answer of course is that there is merit to both, and like wise there is often merit to both sides of an argument. There is no universal truth.
    gadgetman likes this.