Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Glysophate Genetic disruption and Cancer.

I change like the wind. One second I think breathing in is best, then the next second I change to breathing out.
    gadgetman, JoshC, Cigar and 1 others like this.

Glyphosate is not bad in itself, the problem is it's over use, and the resulting public unease. I'm a farmer and glyphosate is a great tool. Yes it does cause some soil damage, but so do all the broadacre alternatives (including so called 'organic' alternatives). In my case I only use it when establishing trees, old existing pasture is very aggressive and young trees have enough issues with hares and deer, planting straight into old pasture does not often work so spraying the old grass and turning into a mulch is a pragmatic solution. I choose to use no herbicides in food production. The problem with glyphosate is some farmers use it to kill everything before planting a crop, then use it during the crop growth stage to control weeds, then sometimes spray over the entire crop before harvesting to dessicate the crop. In other parts of the world (parts of UK for example) almost all grain crops are dessicated pre-harvest. Yes this means crops are sprayed with herbicide immediately before harvesting, then the general population eats the crop and surprise surprise there is glyphosate residue occurring in almost every human being in the western world. No one should be surprised that this causes consumer backlash, who wants to eat crops with high glyphosate residue levels?

The issue of US style GE crops designed to be blanket-sprayed multiple times during the growing cycle just shows the stupidity of humanity quite frankly, as well as intense corporate greed from Monsanto who not only wanted to ensure farmers relied heavily on their product, but also wanted to control the genetics of the food supply itself. The rotating door between Monsanto executives and the US EPA decision makers who determine the safety of GE food is one of the more disturbing aspects of modern global farming.

So now a lot of people in the EU want glyphosate banned with good reason, but there is nothing safer that can be used in the same way, so it's a bad situation. I produce food without any herbicides and I know it's possible, but not everyone chooses this way of farming.
    Woody, Bugbait, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.

gentlemen -the sole reason we arte born is to maintain the line awaiting death!tis inevitable -breathing etc mere trifles to delay the bloody inevitable .of course theres always those who for various reasons often not of their own choosing who que jump.it is also why very few undertakers go bankrupt ,and are such wonderful friends .they're always dying to see you! gawd im good.
    JWB-alas old bean seems you got off on the foot then tripped over the bloody thing .i agree ,some days a man should not get out of bed!
    Marty Henry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I understand that you are struggling. It's OK. You have company in Paddy and Co.
    Haha you are obviously smarter than all of us. Well done...

Please explain what is the point of this post. That Monsanto is evil, that the US is Great Satan. That herbicides are evil? Chemicals are evil? The earth is flat?

As others will explain glyphosate is an important tool and yes possibly over-used as are many chemicals and I don't necessarily like the idea of GMO. But there are worse things that people will use if you banned glyphosate. Monsanto doesn't have a monopoly on weedkillers. So you can sue them to death if you want but replacing glyposate with something else wont necessarily make the world better.

JWB
    Depends on what you mean by smarter, intelligent yes, but no congratulations are required. It's a fortunate genetic result from having two intelligent parents, as they in themselves were fortunate.
    We'll move past the nonsense and get to your third paragraph , where you accept that GMO and it's management tools are evil, but that it is the lesser of alternative evils.
    That's sad, in that there is a glimmer there, but you have just given up and accepted the programming.

A little off topic to the OP but this was terribly unfortunate...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    A little off topic to the OP but this was terribly unfortunate...
    Did you see the article afterwards explaining it was actually coming from over the fence from a neighbours delivery of mushroom compost.
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...irarapa-school

Not sure how everyone got so sick from something that does not usually make people sick....And some kids needed "decontamination. Why? Did they go and play in the compost? If so how did they not figure out that was where the smell came from? So many questions...Must be Monsantos fault.

Depends on what you mean by smarter, intelligent yes, but no congratulations are required. It's a fortunate genetic result from having two intelligent parents, as they in themselves were fortunate.
    We'll move past the nonsense and get to your third paragraph , where you accept that GMO and it's management tools are evil, but that it is the lesser of alternative evils.
    That's sad, in that there is a glimmer there, but you have just given up and accepted the programming.
    listen matey brae -forget the self entitled"iwas born of two intelligent parents crap- and what i speak aint nonsense -theres only one round here -go look in the mirror!-nope it aint eugenie sage gazing back at you but in a lot of respects bloody close to it.
    incidentallyin4.5+decades of mental health nursing ive nursed more than my share of tragedies afflicted by organic poisons etc so maybe someone else besides thy great self might be entitled to a little inpout too.no reply is neccesary -therapeutic ignoring is now in force.

Actually I never said it was evil, I just said "I don't necessarily like the idea of GMO" big difference.

JWB
    My apology, for assigning you credit where none was due.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikerNZ View Post
    Please do yourself a favour and get your information from reputable sources.. sooo many of the claims in that 'article' don't pass even a basic fact-check.
    A man recently got a very large judgment in the USA against Monsanto for contracting cancer by using you know what. Yes Monsanto think it is bs but they have to appeal the judgment. There are now pending many similar legal suits. Monsanto is facing real trouble over their "harmless" product.

Monsanto can not be trusted in any way shape or form
    Dam right im Pro Guns, Look at History

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    A man recently got a very large judgment in the USA against Monsanto for contracting cancer by using you know what. Yes Monsanto think it is bs but they have to appeal the judgment. There are now pending many similar legal suits. Monsanto is facing real trouble over their "harmless" product.
    I have three main problems with that court case:
    1. It was civil case, not a criminal case. Very different in terms of burden of proof needed.
    2. It was decided by a jury, not a judge. Which often means decided on emotion, not facts
    3. It was in California. Everything causes cancer in California according to all the safety stickers.
    300CALMAN and kukuwai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy79 View Post
    Monsanto can not be trusted in any way shape or form
    This is the problem....Monsanto the big evil, 'Roundup'...bad bad bady bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    He had lymphoma, there is no proof that one of the forums most miss spelt words was the cause. How does it go @Moutere , glysophate, glphosphate, glysophate???

Please look into it guys..

The World Health Organization's cancer arm in 2015 classified glyphosate as...

"probably carcinogenic to humans."

Eating red meat is also classified as

"probably carcinogenic to humans."

I like, @300CALMAN work with the product ( glyphosate 360 ). We use it to control weeds around native plantings over a two to three year period, ensuring the success of the project.

Obviously wear sensible clothing and ensure spraying is undertaken when conditions are right ie. low wind and low surface moisture/runoff.

I like to think that the LONG term benefits of these projects far outway the short term hazards !!!
    @JWB can i please remind you that this is a hunting , fishing and shooting forum and that stuff is way more fun than you posting this negative shit.

Go get your self one of these....

OR SOMETHING

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    I have three main problems with that court case:
    1. It was civil case, not a criminal case. Very different in terms of burden of proof needed.
    2. It was decided by a jury, not a judge. Which often means decided on emotion, not facts
    3. It was in California. Everything causes cancer in California according to all the safety stickers.
    Judges are incapable of letting emotion cloud their judgment? I think not ,in fact it is the very reason we have jury's.
    Sasquatch likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.