Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Got laid off

Got laid off

Was loving the job while it was there, got told wednesday an hour before knock off that I was to be laid off due to some machinery leaving the site and other staff on the contracting companies payroll were being bough in to fill a couple of seats I was the first agency worker to be laid off from the crew and apparently there will be other guys under the agency I was under being laid off too. So yet again the light at the end of the tunnel got replaced by another brick wall and plans to get my full class 4 plus a couple of other things have been buggered, but not for too long I hope just have to keep plugging on. Upside I left with experience that I did not have when I started
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Tough luck mate, keep your chin up. As they say when one door closes another door opens.......my fingers are crossed for you anyway.
    Hunt4life likes this.

Fark mate, I feel for you. That is ratshit.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Take all the positives from the experience and move forward. There are plenty of signs the economy is picking up.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

R93
    One door closes and another opens mate, just a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mucko likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Was loving the job while it was there, got told wednesday an hour before knock off that I was to be laid off due to some machinery leaving the site and other staff on the contracting companies payroll were being bough in to fill a couple of seats I was the first agency worker to be laid off from the crew and apparently there will be other guys under the agency I was under being laid off too. So yet again the light at the end of the tunnel got replaced by another brick wall and plans to get my full class 4 plus a couple of other things have been buggered, but not for too long I hope just have to keep plugging on. Upside I left with experience that I did not have when I started
    what is your skill set, i can keep an ear out for you if you want to go back farming.

@hunter308 can you find somewhere to stay in Te Kuiti or PioPio, all our houses are full on farm but we do need a extra hand for a month or so.
    veitnamcam, R93, Toby and 2 others like this.

Are you wanting a relief milker or someone to do some work on farm as well, only takes 45-50 min from Te Awamutu to Te kuiti, don't really want to go back to farming but will do some farm work on a drive in basis to keep me busy. Already been in touch with a farm owner I was relief milking for in pirongia today to see if they still need someone to do milkings for them as they were bloody good to me while I was doing relief work for them.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Fulla
    isn't it just the way now days.
    recruitment agencies get the jobs because apparently the people who run the companies are too busy. (what does that say about who your working for/your boss)
    the recruitment agencies then take some of your wage to justify there job and make it pay.
    then those jobs are usually just a contract, then we don't need you now the jobs finished.
    (I was meaning earthmoving industry)
    graham99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    isn't it just the way now days.
    recruitment agencies get the jobs because apparently the people who run the companies are too busy. (what does that say about who your working for/your boss)
    the recruitment agencies then take some of your wage to justify there job and make it pay.
    then those jobs are usually just a contract, then we don't need you now the jobs finished.
    (I was meaning earthmoving industry)
    Bully I was doing earthworks was alternating between driving a moxy truck then got swapped over to the water cart as the driver of that wanted to have a go at driving the moxy trucks because he wanted a change from the water cart which he was originally hired to drive.

Fulla
    its a crazy industry right now. especially the around town stuff. all the new safety rules. those guys wearing overalls all day inside machines and out in the sun, because there not trusted to put sun block on.

if I was you I would try and get out of town, smaller business's which are more personal working on farms or forests. the kind of job where you open the door stand on your wheel or track and take a piss, nobody around. might get some hunting spots too.

maize season just about here...be plenty of SOB jobs going all over the area

as above, bit of experience now.
    go looking.
    big company's generally pay better but in my experience the amount of bullishit you have to deal with makes it not worth it.

been in a small company for coming up 9 years now, together(my skills and the boss) we have built up the company, I make sacrifices to have a happy customer and to an extent he makes sacrifices to have a happy foreman.

We disagre on things and on occasion i have taken my overalls off and walked out before the boss ended up with a 18 inch crescent in the face.
    but for the most part Im happy in my work even if Im not on big dollars.

the key thing here is we respect each others skills.

keep lookin, you will find your neich(bloody mental block can't spell it:rolleyes
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Hunter308 I am sorry to here of your lat off but gone skills you have leaned will be useful.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Are you wanting a relief milker or someone to do some work on farm as well, only takes 45-50 min from Te Awamutu to Te kuiti, don't really want to go back to farming but will do some farm work on a drive in basis to keep me busy. Already been in touch with a farm owner I was relief milking for in pirongia today to see if they still need someone to do milkings for them as they were bloody good to me while I was doing relief work for them.
    Mainly farmwork fencing and weed spraying. if your good with a grader blade a bit of race work. would think 1 1/2 round trip everyday is alot of petrol burning. John Austin could be worth a call 07 872 0000. happy to talk to farm owner for you if your happy to drive that far everyday. we are on Troopers road.
    veitnamcam, Maca49 and Cartman like this.