Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Grumpy Old Bastard

Grumpy Old Bastard

Well that's what I got called tonight,
    Went for the usual dog walk tonight although a bit later than usual so was almost dark, in the usual place we go. Anyway on the way down the track got waved down by 3 young fellas in Hi Viz who had their truck (Nissan mistral) stuck (they were playing at 4X4ing). Could I pull them out.
    Tonight I had had enough as I have pulled out quite a few trucks from there over the last 8 years. Its boggy as shit and slippery too. So I said no
    Come on they said, so I asked why I should be risking damage to my truck and / or getting it stuck to help. Come on bro was the reply.
    They weren't very happy but bugger it I am sick of pulling out ill prepared people who think its fun to hoon around in trucks covered with mud an expecting me to help them get unstuck especially when If you look at where they are stuck you know that you wouldn't even try driving there
    anyway "grumpy old bastard" rant over
    Dundee, stingray, Pengy and 12 others like this.

the last time I pulled someone out at the beach ripped the tie rod out of their falcon. told the guy to hook the snatch strap to something solid as I wasn't going to lie down in the waves starting to wash around their car they where most put out that I broke their car. should have been like @mikee and left them in the creek and let the tide swallow the car.
    veitnamcam, mikee, Beaker and 1 others like this.

Tossers in 4x4s are the new boy racers around here. Think they are having fun but just vandalising everything. Even places they are legally allowed to go just tear up the road turning it into a swamp hole.
    Dont forget pulling/pushing rocks out of the way at parks and reserves and tearing up banks and stuff.

If it is the general area I think it is I lost count long ago how many vehicles I had recovered......actually been recovered myself a few times but driving in a group so could recover ourselves which is a little differnt to the more usual kids have dads prado so bogged they cant open the doors and they dont even have a snatch strap...:
    I dont blame you for not wanting to damage your vehicle tho, its nice and a significant investment...if your vehicle was a 5k surf I would call you worse than a grumpy old barstard tho
    BRADS, WallyR and Paddy79 like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    the last time I pulled someone out at the beach ripped the tie rod out of their falcon. told the guy to hook the snatch strap to something solid as I wasn't going to lie down in the waves starting to wash around their car they where most put out that I broke their car. should have been like @mikee and left them in the creek and let the tide swallow the car.

awesome
    Use enough gun

I would have said sure I can pull you out...... $200
    257weatherby and Steve123 like this.

Actually that's lies I've only had my truck for 6 months and I get giddy at any chance to 4wd... you should see me when it rains enough for big puddles to form
    veitnamcam, Steve123 and 40mm like this.

Just grinds my gears that I am expected to risk damaging my truck to get them out of a pickle they should have foreseen
    veitnamcam, R93, stingray and 2 others like this.

I think in Australia its almost compulsory to help under there "duty of care" policy i.e. helping out people in a bind.
    Blisters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    Was that the one that was rented and stuck on the beach?

Chicken Intolerant.

nah some clowns bought a falcon fitted with a diesel motor so they thought for a test drive they would go out to the north end of the beach and cross a small creek at low tide and go floundering on the rising tide when they came back to cross the creek at near high tide the got stuck and hydrauliced the motor ended up towing them backwards down the beach to main entrance backwards as was going to be a spring tide and water right up to the sand dunes didn't even offer to buy me a beer after all that.
    veitnamcam likes this.

I pulled a guy out a while ago trying to go places he shouldn't, and he got stuck again following me back to the track. Yeayeayea, couple of boxes of beer mate coming to ya mate yeayeayea. Gave my address. Still waiting 3 months on.
    ..."it ain't the size of the dog in the fight.
    Its the size of the fight in the dog."

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    I pulled a guy out a while ago trying to go places he shouldn't, and he got stuck again following me back to the track. Yeayeayea, couple of boxes of beer mate coming to ya mate yeayeayea. Gave my address. Still waiting 3 months on.
    Yea I have had a fair few invisible boxes delivered myself.....I have mellowed with age but am still susceptible to being a dick at times so I try to think what if it was me...I never expect anything in return but if a box turns up its a bonus.
    BRADS, kidmac42 and rewa like this.

Chicken Intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by kidmac42 View Post
    yep had the same towed a guy down the lake on a shitty day in my dinghy he gave me about 15 litres of fuel which wasn't as much as I burned doing the round trip told me he was going to drop of a couple boxes of beer still hopeful was only about 25 years ago giving him the benefit of the doubt that hes still coming
    veitnamcam, kidmac42 and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yea I have had a fair few invisible boxes delivered myself.....I have mellowed with age but am still susceptible to being a dick at times so I try to think what if it was me...I never expect anything in return but if a box turns up its a bonus.
    I would not have minded bit to get to where they were stuck I would have most likely got stuck also just to get close enough to hitch up the snatch strap and then I would have to got one of my mates to come and try and recover me...................... not too mention god forbid I damage the wifes truck!!
    veitnamcam, stingray and rewa like this.