Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Gun City Shill bidders

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiwiz View Post
    Hi all

I have got fed up with Gun City and it's Shill bidders who are jacking up the priaces of their low-reserve auctions. I have compliled a 16 page document showing evidence of this activty which is in breach of Trademe's Terms and Conditions, The Commerce Commersion rules, the dishonest use of a computer provisions of the Crimes Act. I have forwarded this to TM and have requested this is sorted asap. If this is not stamped out I will forward the evidence to the relevant departments.

Regards
    RossiWiz
    send it to the relevant departments anyway.

That sort of shit does not deserve any leniency.

Hope they get a wicked fine and banned from trademe if proven guilty.

and I hope trade me spill a hot coffee on their balls and laptop.
    Use enough gun

SiB
    @SEdan

Hats off to Dan for responding with a thorough and intelligent response!

Thank you for making yourself known to us @SEdan

Si
    stingray, res and SEdan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    @SEdan

Hats off to Dan for responding with a thorough and intelligent response!

Thank you for making yourself known to us @SEdan

Si
    My pleasure - I'm been a long time reader, first time caller

Look, I'm not here trying to make friends, I just want people to understand that yes, it IS nuts to see, but it's not us doing that. These comments of 'gun city would never lose money' are so far off the mark - there are plenty of auctions weekly that either go for cost or below. Without peeling back the curtain too far, Trademe isn't just a selling tool for us. It has other benefits for us beyond just that.

The user in question, we believe, has figured out so far, exactly what numbers to jump certain auctions to, to get the best price and eliminate constant bidding wars in the early days of $1 res auctions - the guy has over 10k trades and 2700 feedbacks, because something like 3000-4000 are us alone. We're actually not the only Trademe retailer he does this with either, it just seems recently he's really upped his intake.

When I look at his bidding history I can completely see how dodgy it looks, look at this one for instance: https://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/hun...28b16aaa0604cc
    The bidding goes: $1 (different member) $1.50 (different member) and then $116.66 (member in question).
    It is honestly bizarre. I dont know where the numbers come from or why he even chooses to do such strange denominations, but it's how he operates.

Like I say, I'm here if anyone has any further questions or comments on this - I appreciate the feedback thus far!

Dan

far out what an interesting chap

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info. The trouble is when you are a big fish you get targeted, I have had a few interactions with GC over the years, including missing out on $1 reserves due to suspicious bidding, products advertised for the wrong price and not being honoured, and price matched product that mysteriously is no longer in stock. These may all be random chance events but like the $1 reserve auctions (which are almost all being bid on by said buyer) they leave a bad taste. Due to such I no longer really consider myself a customer of GC. Not sure what the answer is to these issues but issues they are none the less.

Regards
    RossiWiz
    stingray, Tommy and SEdan like this.

Would be interesting to know who he is. and what he does with the stuff he buys.
    Rossiwiz likes this.
    Use enough gun

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info. The trouble is when you are a big fish you get targeted, I have had a few interactions with GC over the years, including missing out on $1 reserves due to suspicious bidding, products advertised for the wrong price and not being honoured, and price matched product that mysteriously is no longer in stock. These may all be random chance events but like the $1 reserve auctions (which are almost all being bid on by said buyer) they leave a bad taste. Due to such I no longer really consider myself a customer of GC. Not sure what the answer is to these issues but issues they are none the less.

Regards
    RossiWiz
    As noted, if this is genuine the Commerce Commission investigation will reflect that - and GC have nothing to worry about. A reassurance from a random dude on the internet means nothing - sorry @SEdan but my faith lies in an independent opinion....

Hi Dan

Regards
    RossiWiz
    That's fine RossiWiz and genuinely, I am sorry you've had those interactions and I totally understand your lack of desire to shop with us again - if I've had multiple bad experiences with a company I would do exactly the same. If there is anything in the future you might want that we have, get in contact with me. I would like to, at the very least, try and put right some of the wrongs. If not, no problem either - I'm really sorry you've had those experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Would be interesting to know who he is. and what he does with the stuff he buys.
    For sure. If you delve deep into his TM feedbacks and have a look at some of the auctions he has won that aren't from us, I think your curiosity about the man will grow even further, but Ill say no more on that!
    Last edited by SEdan; 09-02-2018 at 05:53 PM.

The answer is to bid more money
    kiwijames and northdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickoli View Post
    As noted, if this is genuine the Commerce Commission investigation will reflect that - and GC have nothing to worry about. A reassurance from a random dude on the internet means nothing - sorry @SEdan but my faith lies in an independent opinion....
    Totally - in my defense I'm hardly some random. I've given you my credentials from Gun City including the fact I've been with the business for several years in Trademe and Website management, and am a store manager currently as well as my contact details. You're more than welcome to give me a call and verify my lack of randomness - I've tried to be as transparent as possible.

That being said, totally understand and I look forward to the results from the CC - no offence taken.
    Gapped axe and Ryan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SEdan View Post
    Totally - in my defense I'm hardly some random. I've given you my credentials from Gun City including the fact I've been with the business for several years in Trademe and Website management, and am a store manager currently as well as my contact details. You're more than welcome to give me a call and verify my lack of randomness - I've tried to be as transparent as possible.

That being said, totally understand and I look forward to the results from the CC - no offence taken.
    No offence intended - any unfavourable outcome potentially makes you complicit - not random (my mistake). Thanks for the response.
    SEdan likes this.

I wonder could steve be a shill bidder for hire?......... put your tin foil hats on everybody, the conspiracy just got thicker!!!
    Blisters likes this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by SEdan View Post

Dan, you are completely random, but nowhere near as random as me. I thought so when I bought a couple of good deal 22's from you in the Chch shop a few years back.

From your description earlier I'm sure I've been in the shop when this character has come to collect his stuff.
    stingray and SEdan like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Got to wonder what this guy does with all the gear he buys from GC.
    There is some very random purchases for sure.
    outdoorlad and SEdan like this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

I have complained twice over the years about shill bidding from Gun City and affiliates, people who plainly were employed by them, with lots of trading of the same items between each other to build up feedback, plus winning so called $1.00 auctions and then selling them on afterwards with the same Gun City details and prices.
    Both times Trademe were not interested. They make a lot of money out of Gun City.

If the chap from Gun City that was posting is interested in knowing why they are considered the most hated outdoors shop in New Zealand, I would challenge him to put up a thread called "Gun City Horror Stories" and we can review exactly why that is from everyone who posts a story about their after sales service, gun smithing abilities, price gouging, Trademe attitude, shill bidding, or the way they stand behind their products. Or don't.

Lately they have made their logo smaller on their Trademe photographs, so its harder to skip past them which is a shame.
    outdoorlad and Tommy like this.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.