Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Gun City Shill bidders

Gun City have responded directly to this thread.

Instead of slinging unsubstantiated shit against them in regards to their TradeMe transactions, why not contact them directly via the means that they've nobly provided?
    "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

- John Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    I have complained twice over the years about shill bidding from Gun City and affiliates, people who plainly were employed by them, with lots of trading of the same items between each other to build up feedback, plus winning so called $1.00 auctions and then selling them on afterwards with the same Gun City details and prices.
    Both times Trademe were not interested. They make a lot of money out of Gun City.

If the chap from Gun City that was posting is interested in knowing why they are considered the most hated outdoors shop in New Zealand, I would challenge him to put up a thread called "Gun City Horror Stories" and we can review exactly why that is from everyone who posts a story about their after sales service, gun smithing abilities, price gouging, Trademe attitude, shill bidding, or the way they stand behind their products. Or don't.

Lately they have made their logo smaller on their Trademe photographs, so its harder to skip past them which is a shame.
    I'm not here to defend everything and respond to every single person's reason for hating GC - as I've said to other members in this thread, I can only apologise and respond directly to events I know about or have been involved in - you're welcome to call this a cop out, but I think it's pretty fair and reasonable.

I'm directly responding to the allegations of shill bidding. At no point in any of my responses did I give any ambivalence on why people might think what they do about us, call anyone a liar or openly challenge anyone and I'm not here to change anyones mind on anything, other than respond to the two threads about shill bidding. You're conflating two separate things.

Like I have said multiple times, please give me a call and we can talk about it, if you want. If you want to continue to get stuck in, also fine too.

With regards to the smaller logos, that is a Trademe mandate - they have caught on to retailers using images to promote their brand and have cracked down on it. I'd apologise for it, but it's not my decision - if id had it my way we've still have nice bold pictures.

I've probably exhausted all I can really say on this but for the final time, absolutely happy to be contacted about anything - not here to get into a shit fight about things and I appreciate you all for taking some time to read what I've said.

Thanks for your time!

Dan
    dan@guncity.co.nz
    04 891 8888

Quote Originally Posted by SEdan View Post
    I'm not here to defend everything and respond to every single person's reason for hating GC - as I've said to other members in this thread, I can only apologise and respond directly to events I know about or have been involved in - you're welcome to call this a cop out, but I think it's pretty fair and reasonable.

I'm directly responding to the allegations of shill bidding. At no point in any of my responses did I give any ambivalence on why people might think what they do about us, call anyone a liar or openly challenge anyone and I'm not here to change anyones mind on anything, other than respond to the two threads about shill bidding. You're conflating two separate things.

Like I have said multiple times, please give me a call and we can talk about it, if you want. If you want to continue to get stuck in, also fine too.

With regards to the smaller logos, that is a Trademe mandate - they have caught on to retailers using images to promote their brand and have cracked down on it. I'd apologise for it, but it's not my decision - if id had it my way we've still have nice bold pictures.

I've probably exhausted all I can really say on this but for the final time, absolutely happy to be contacted about anything - not here to get into a shit fight about things and I appreciate you all for taking some time to read what I've said.

Thanks for your time!

Dan
    dan@guncity.co.nz
    04 891 8888

I can vouch for this as we have had to do the same with our logo.
    SEdan likes this.

When I read this thread I had a look at the TM members auctions and cam up with a slightly different theory. Maybe they own a retail shop and are on-selling? Bit like the guy buying at the supermarket for the dairy...
    Steve123, Rossiwiz and SEdan like this.

noooo that doesn't really happen does it how dare they
    Rossiwiz and SEdan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Gun City have responded directly to this thread.

Instead of slinging unsubstantiated shit against them in regards to their TradeMe transactions, why not contact them directly via the means that they've nobly provided?
    They haven't provided anything nobly. Their phone number is on their website. I recommend you ring them on it once you buy an overpriced something off them that doesn't work. Let me know how that goes.

A dialogue with those people was opened and closed a long time ago. I have better things to do than discuss a self-serving poster who markets for thieves. I have also responded directly to this thread with a description of my own noble work trying to protect the working man from an unscrupulous trader. The noble original poster has gathered his own evidence and made a presentation to the relevant authorities in the interests of concerned citizens everywhere, and nobly so.
    Your most welcome.

But as I said, once more, if Gun City actually want to have an open discussion on the internet we could do it. But Sedan has shut that down. He doesn't want an open discussion, just the trademe shill bidding of which he has already made up a so-called defense before he came on.

The owner of that reprehensible company, Tipple, you know the one, the millionaire who has problems with laws and policemen and prisons, came on the old forum several years ago, was asked about his attitude to customers and essentially laughed at ripping his customers off. Afterwards he started blacklisting anyone on Trademe that even asked a question on those auctions.
    Last edited by Carlsen Highway; 09-02-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    cambo, Micky Duck and Rossiwiz like this.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    They haven't provided anything nobly. Their phone number is on their website. I recommend you ring them on it once you buy an overpriced something off them that doesn't work. Let me know how that goes.

A dialogue with those people was opened and closed a long time ago. I have better things to do than discuss a self-serving poster who markets for thieves. I have also responded directly to this thread with a description of my own noble work trying to protect the working man from an unscrupulous trader. The noble original poster has gathered his own evidence and made a presentation to the relevant authorities in the interests of concerned citizens everywhere, and nobly so.
    Your most welcome.

But as I said, once more, if Gun City actually want to have an open discussion on the internet we could do it. But Sedan has shut that down. He doesn't want an open discussion, just the trademe shill bidding of which he has already made up a so-called defense before he came on.

The owner of that reprehensible company, Tipple, you know the one, the millionaire who has problems with laws and policemen and prisons, came on the old forum several years ago, was asked about his attitude to customers and essentially laughed at ripping his customers off. Afterwards he started blacklisting anyone on Trademe that even asked a question on those auctions.
    Contact them directly.
    "Awareness buys you time and time buys you options."

- John Correia

+1
    Blisters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    When I read this thread I had a look at the TM members auctions and cam up with a slightly different theory. Maybe they own a retail shop and are on-selling? Bit like the guy buying at the supermarket for the dairy...
    that would be a pretty strange shop, with gun stuff and sexy pants etc all for sale.
    veitnamcam, Tommy and Steve123 like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Contact them directly.
    Why? You contact them.

Plainly I already have in the past, as I said in two posts above. I have also complained to Trademe. There is a limit to my level of being insulted.
    Last edited by Carlsen Highway; 10-02-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    Bonecrusher likes this.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

Why the hate for Gun City?
    Sure you can get stuff cheaper elsewhere but wait till you need a box of ammo on a Sunday

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    northdude likes this.

They can't be as bad as what's said. One of their salesmen went pale when I asked about a Pardus Shotgun. Refused to sell me it lol.
    And where else would we get cheap SKS's to clog out safes without their 2 or 3 times a year sale.
    Ultimately you don't like their auctions don't bid.
    You don't like their business model don't go there.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, northdude and SEdan like this.

For fucks sake!

If you don't like Gun City,don't buy anything from them. Yodeling your woe to the internet does nothing but reinforce the futility and infanticidey of your vacant point.

Clearly enough people are happy enough with them to have remain in business for what?Thirty years?
    kiwijames, Ryan, northdude and 3 others like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

yea but its more intelligent to whinge online but do nothing

the trouble is norsk...youg folk who dont know any better/different are led down the proverbial garden path by the shoddy service(I cant bring myself to call it advice) they provide and when it turns to custard the G.C. folk dont want to know.
    C.H. you comments re mr tipple pale by comparison wihen held up agaist the shyster who owns Timaru branch....dont get me started on that sleazebag.