Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Gun City Shill bidders

if hes winning and paying for the goods whats actually wrong with that I buy lots of gun related stuff I buy lots of car related stuff hell I even by lots of grocerys on a regular basis does that mean theres something suspicious about me mybe the guys a shopaholic

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    if hes winning and paying for the goods whats actually wrong with that
    Thats the big IF though isn't it. If he is completing the purchase and buying the goods its fine, if he isn't completing the purchase (or if for example he is "purchasing then selling the items back to the shop afterwards for the same price he paid" wink wink nudge nudge) then it would suggest he is a shill bidder on the shops behalf and those are just the ones where he misjudges how much to push the price up.

I'm not going to waste much time speculating when I don't have any real information anyway.

Exactly the whole thread is just speculation there's no proof either way on what's actually going on and I'm sure tm isn't the only place it goes on waa waa boo hoo
    kotuku and Blisters like this.

Exactly the whole thread is just speculation there's no proof either way on what's actually going on and I'm sure tm isn't the only place it goes on waa waa boo hoo
    Steve?
    Plinky likes this.
    Sako Rifles,Browning shotguns,Black Labs.There is nothing else

The dog always bites,The horse always kicks,The gun is always loaded.

" Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Geez if you want the item that bad pay retail price for it or get it from overseas like everyone else does
    Steve123 likes this.

Geez if you want the item that bad pay retail price for it or get it from overseas like everyone else does
    I don't think this is an issue of people having a whinge because they didn't win an item at auction, more so that a retailer with a history of questionable practices seems to be using a shill bidder on their online auctions to ensure that buyers don't get too much of a bargain, which is entirely u fair and goes against what a $1 reserve auction is all about.
    Beetroot, chainsaw and Micky Duck like this.

OK I see your point but take the 1$ away and your left with an auction highest bidder wins

Not if the sole purpose of the bidder was to raise the price. If they hadn't bid you would have got the item for a lessor value.
    outdoorlad and chainsaw like this.

What stug said. Shill bidding is illegal for a reason, its a fraud to mislead genuine buyers about the market value (and the whole point of an auction is really to find market value).
    6x47 and chainsaw like this.

And isn't that what someone is prepared to pay also please don't think I'm saying shill bidding is OK as its not but as said above it appears to be just speculation I'll bet tm isn't the only auction place where shill bidding is involved if the goods are being paid for and success fees are paid that would appear to be a legal trade I only said appear as I don't have proof either way what is actually happening when tm first started I used to buy heaps of stuff off $1 dollar auctions and then resell it it may be possible that is what this guy is doing you really need to contact him and ask him if it concerns you

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Yea I have looked into to this myself now also... sorry @SEdan but unless you're living in some kind of other dimension, you're full of shit, and you have the nerve to come on here and peddle your bullshit to everyone. Come clean or piss off. Anyone in their right mind can see there's something shady going on there. I realise that it's a very hard allegation to gather absolute proof of, and you are hiding behind that fact but look at the numbers, it's beyond some eccentric lady panties wearing gun fanatic with too much time and money on his hands it's absolutely ludacris.
    I have nothing to 'come clean' on. I dont think it's hard to prove at all and like i've said multiple times, do the commerce commission route. Complain everywhere you can to them to speed it up. If it does turn out that stevie is re-selling without a registered shopfront then great, that can be dealt with. I actually just want to put this to bed and came here in an effort to share my side of it - you are more than welcome to tell me I'm full of shit all you want, it doesn't mean anything to me because I am completely comfortable in the fact Stevie68 is authentic - I hope that doesn't come across as smug, but I dont know how else to possibly phrase it.

You've made it evident you hate us and our brand and I'm sure you have had experiences to justify that - again, I'm genuinely sorry for that.
    But it makes no sense for me to come here to lie to a handful of people about a trademe bidder when really I have nothing to gain from it? Those of you that hate GC aren't going to go 'hey this guy on the forum told me this so I'm going to shop there now'.

I'm not here to convert you, just here to inform. Do whatever you want with that info, including tell me I'm full of shit - your prerogative.

mmomm - inferior products [ refund finally received ] - Page 2 - ScamBusters New Zealand THIS is by far the most interesting thing I've seen on the thread and one Ill be forwarding to management above me. By all accounts, he looks like a backyard reseller to me, and has been doing it for some time.

Like has been said - nothing else really can be said. Rossiwiz's efforts are highly commendable and I genuinely look forward to the findings. Stevie68 is largely a mystery to us as well so I look forward to the insight.

Again, you're all welcome to give me a call or email.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossiwiz View Post
    I have further looked into this buyer and the pattern still looks suspicious, I hope I am wrong but this user won:
    16 gc auctions on the 31/1/18
    52 auctions 9/1/2018
    44 auctions 14/12/2017

This pattern continues back quite some time, making this very suspicious or making this user the most profitable customer of gc. Prior to this this user acted in the same way on another traders account for fashion and adult toys.
    Canít say I am convinced that this is not some kind of a sham. To put this issue and perhaps this thread to bed I think the best option is to hand all my research, which is considerably greater than what has been disclosed here, to both the police and com commission. As others have said if this is all just an innocent then hopefully this will show that. I suggest that this thread gets closed and I report back with a new thread when more info comes to hand.
    Definitely see what you're saying,

Just thought i'd add, those aren't purchases he made on those days, that's just when the feedback is placed. We dont auto-feedback we do them in bulk every few weeks, so a heap of those auction feedbacks were over several weeks.
    Dont get me wrong, heaps of trades, but not 52 on one day.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1497716187
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1496864714
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1496686165
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1497037611
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1496264265
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...&id=1494257766

and so on and so on.

Truly, I think what you've done is commendable. No hate or resistance here.

D

Just because someone wins an auction does not mean they paid for and received the goods
    Werawhakaui?

Rule 4. Identify your target beyond all doubt.

SiB
    @SEdan. I applaud your focus, patience and diplomacy!

Hypothetical arguments, or debates over unknown factors are frustrating to say the least

Letís hope the wheels turn quickly on this and some resolution is found
    SEdan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Just because someone wins an auction does not mean they paid for and received the goods
    Certainly a valid point I dont really have a response to, short of going through our banking records and showing you a transaction into our bank that marries up with the purchase order with all of his buys, on it.

But then I'm sure it'll be a case of 'it's photoshopped' etc.

It's with the commerce commission, lets let them do their work. I think i've exhausted all I have to offer on the subject.

I apologise if i've pissed anyone off here or anything - not the intention.

D